Nico Yennaris

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Nico Yennaris

Postby Est83 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:32 pm

Over the years there's been a few yougnsters given the odd senior game toward the end of the season, or when injuries are really bad. Kerrea Gilbert, Craig Eastmond and Tom Cruise for example... wasn't particularly impressed with either one of those, they seemed to be just "fillers". Players that were needed at the time due to injury and not players that have forced their way into the team.

Yennaris was only involved due to injury also, but I must say, he slotted in effortlessly!!! I'm a bit more optimistic about him than I was about the other three.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby GSK_AFC » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:11 pm

Yennaris signs new contract extension

Arsenal Football Club is delighted to confirm that Nico Yennaris has signed a new contract extension with the Club.

The 19 year-old England Youth international enjoyed a breakthrough season in 2011/12, making three appearances for Arsène Wenger's senior side before gaining further first team experience with League One outfit Notts County in a brief loan spell.

Although predominantly a central midfielder, Yennaris' versatility saw him make an assured Premier League debut at right back against Manchester United. Nico also played in defence for victories over Bolton Wanderers and Leeds United in the League Cup and FA Cup respectively.

The Leytonstone-born lifelong Gunners fan first joined Arsenal aged seven. He was a regular in the Reserves last season, for whom he made 17 outings.

Nico has been heavily involved with the first team this pre-season. He played in the Markus Liebherr Memorial Cup at Southampton and was also a member of the Asia Tour 2012 squad, featuring in two of the three matches in the Far East.

Everyone at Arsenal wishes Nico continued success with the Club

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... -extension
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:15 pm

Great news. Have always rated him highly.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Popey » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:17 pm

I don't say its not good to let players like yennaris or djourou sign new contracts but why do we let players like him sign contract extensions but on the other side we let players like rvp and theo going into their final year of contract without extending them before?!? it makes no sense!

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Sims » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:46 pm

Popey wrote:I don't say its not good to let players like yennaris or djourou sign new contracts but why do we let players like him sign contract extensions but on the other side we let players like rvp and theo going into their final year of contract without extending them before?!? it makes no sense!

Maybe because their perhaps more willing and ask for less, meaning it's more hassle free and wastes a lot less time.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:06 pm

Hope he has a good future with us. Great news.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby friedslice » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:05 am

saw on twitter yesterday nico wrote something along the lines of he wants to work and train really hard every day because he wants it so much....I want someone like this to succeed at our club.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zenith » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:12 pm

Jeorge Bird ‏@jeorgebird 1h

Yennaris has joined Bournemouth on loan. Loan transfer window closes at 5pm today

Yennaris seals Bournemouth loan deal

Our resident youth and reserves expert Jeorge Bird has revealed on Twitter that Nico Yennaris has sealed a short-term deal with Bournemouth ahead of this evening’s loan deadline.

The versatile midfielder, who can also play at right-back, has four first team appearances to his name, including a substitute appearance in the Premier League against Manchester United, but missed the Gunners tour of Asia with injury after last season’s impressive run captaining the under-19s to the final of the Next Gen Series.

Speaking back in August, Yennaris revealed that a loan spell was something he felt would benefit his game.

“I’m looking to get a good loan spell,” he told Arsenal.com. “I need to play first-team games and get that experience so hopefully something will come up soon.

“I’ve spoken to the boss about it and he also said it would be good for me to get more games under my belt in order to get more experience.”

An England under-19 international, despite his Cypriot-Chinese heritage, this is Nico’s second loan spell following a previous stint at Notts County. Arseblog News wishes him the best with the Cherries on the south coast.

http://news.arseblog.com/2013/11/yennar ... loan-deal/
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Git » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:20 pm

Good news.

Proper Arsenal boy, I think.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Zenith » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:25 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Est83 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:09 am

British Chinese Cypriot.... if I had a penny for every time I met one of them...

Anyways, hope he does well. He seemed eager to get forward (or at least make positive forward passes) whenever I've seen him play, but given that he can also play RB, I'm guessing he's the well-rounded type. Here's hoping he can be our next Arteta. Anyone care to make a comparison???

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby dunkdafunk » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:54 am

best of luck to him, hope he gets plenty of games and experience.
in wenger we trust
dunkdafunk
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:57 am

Est83 wrote:British Chinese Cypriot.... if I had a penny for every time I met one of them...

I can top that, Borussia Dortmund have an Australian Afghan Nicaraguan with a ginger afro :grin:
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Miss Arsenal » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:02 pm

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
Est83 wrote:British Chinese Cypriot.... if I had a penny for every time I met one of them...

I can top that, Borussia Dortmund have an Australian Afghan Nicaraguan with a ginger afro :grin:

Mustafa Amini!!

He looks like Chucky!
:hiding:
WENGER OUT NOW

THIS FRAUD NEEDS TO GO
Miss Arsenal
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Sims » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:33 pm

I would like to see him succeed at the Arsenal but I can't see it. The year above me had him & a few others who turned pro.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

PreviousNext

Return to World Football