Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior

Postby Gunner Down Under » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:50 pm

Neymar, 19, is considered one of the brightest talents in world football having shone for his club Santos and also on the international stage for Brazil.

Indeed, Brazil legend Pele recently expressed his belief that the winger has the potential to rival Barcelona star Lionel Messi as one of football's most talented players.

Neymar was strongly linked with a move away from Santos in the summer, with Real, Barcelona and Chelsea suggested as potential suitors, but a move failed to materialise.

However, the Brazilian said in September he hopes interest in his signature will be renewed after next summer's London 2012 Olympics, and ESPNsoccernet understands a £53 million deal is in place to bring him to the Bernabeu.

A source said: "Neymar will be a Real Madrid player in July, but he is not going there any earlier. He has not signed a contract as yet."

Neymar is expected to join Real on a contract worth £1 million-a-month, while image rights, commercial agreements and the transfer fee could see the deal total around £150 million.

Santos are yet to agree a release date for the sale of Neymar, but it is anticipated his switch to Real will go through next summer, despite interest from elsewhere, including Premier League side Chelsea, who have reportedly been priced out of a deal.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... 3m?cc=3436
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Re: Neymar to move to Real Madrid for £53m

Postby Leody » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:54 pm

Balls...

Well if he was always going to move for silly money, at least it wasn't Barca or City.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:42 pm

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. Transfer fee alone is over twice what he's worth. And a million quid a month wages for a 19 year old? Expect him to paint his villa with hooker blood and host week long orgy's in his lair

No wonder Real are trying to squeeze more and more £$€ out of overseas markets. At least this probably means they won't buy Hazard
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Leody » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:52 pm

:rofll:

Ever seen him play CG? He really is amazing. He put the ball in the back of the net six times this weekend. Two were ruled offside, one was marginal and the other was a horrible call. The one, an early cross was put in and the man at the top of the box was clearly off but he let it go and was walking away, the ball went to Neymar at the back post and he finished it as cool as you'd like. No flag, ref allowed it, then the ref and the linesman got together for a chat and then disallowed it.

I know it's Brazil... but he's just toying with people there.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if his name is alongside Ronaldo and Messi in 2-3 years.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:19 am

I know he's good and all but seriously......

Don't see him ever being at that level because both Messi and the greasy c*** have outstanding physical attributes along with their technical qualities. Neymar is just a weedy little shit, albeit he has some pace.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:41 am

He Robinho with a bad haircut basically :)
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:46 am

elkanofan wrote:He Robinho with a bad haircut basically :)
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Re: Re: Neymar to move to Real Madrid for £53m

Postby Leody » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:22 am

CynicalGooner wrote:I know he's good and all but seriously......

Don't see him ever being at that level because both Messi and the greasy **** have outstanding physical attributes along with their technical qualities. Neymar is just a weedy little shit, albeit he has some pace.

Messi is a tiny little shit with decent pace and an amazing ability to dribble, same as Neymar. Physically Messi isn't anything amazing, ability he is.

Probably a bit of a reach saying he will be at that level, but like I said it would surprise me. There is plenty of talent in Brazil that he makes look foolish at only 19. (maybe not their defending)

Edit: meant to say wouldn't surprise me...
Last edited by Leody on Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Herrpoja » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:46 am

messi has a great physique for his height he aint nearly as scrawny you make him sound to be.

also agree that he is overrated he is good but he aint no new anything yet atleast
Herrpoja
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Re: Re: Neymar to move to Real Madrid for £53m

Postby gunnerofKSA » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:15 am

Jay22 wrote:Probably the most overrated player on the planet right now.

Exactly.

I am using tapatalk on xperia arc
gunnerofKSA
Liam Brady

Postby Leody » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:23 am

Herrpoja wrote:messi has a great physique for his height he aint nearly as scrawny you make him sound to be.

5ft 6in and 145lbs... not exactly intimidating...

He's a lightweight.

Not impressive at all in the physique department. He's Arshavin's size and we have chants highlighting how small he is...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:39 am

Messi isn't as easily shoved off the ball as some people tend to believe . I have seen more heavier
and taller players being brushed off the ball far easily when compared to Messi .People do not realize
how gritty and tenacious Messi can be . For a player with incredible natural talent , he works his
socks off in the field .
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Gunner Down Under » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:40 am

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
elkanofan wrote:He Robinho with a bad haircut basically :)

+1 haha

He can do the odd skill, he can run, but I don't want him on my team.

I think he will flop at Real Madrid and with his career looking crap 3 years from now (he's 19 now?) he'll move back to Brazil.
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby yosifun » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:15 am

Jay22 wrote:Probably the most overrated player on the planet right now.

+1

Funny thing Real Barca City Chelski and such are willing to pay that much for him, it seems no one gives a shit about the financial fair play rules coming in at 2012 (except us). :disgust:
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:53 am

I like the part where Real will hopefully not have enough to get hazard because they wasted it all on Neymar.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Next

Return to World Football