The Ligue 1 Thread

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

The Ligue 1 Thread

Postby elkanofan » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:13 am

:rofll: this league is so turgid!

results yesterday;

Caen v Saint-Etienne 1-0
Lorient v Nancy 0-0
Montpellier v Rennes 0-1
Nice v Lens 0-0
Toulouse v Sochaux 0-1
Valenciennes v Monaco 0-0
Auxerre v Paris S.G.1-0

Irony is the title race is wide open and there are genuinely 5 teams in it

My god anyone who did a under 2.5 goals acc today would have had a field day here :rofll:
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Re: The Ligue 1 Thread

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:58 am

That's butters although you are right about the league being wide open. It has been 40 years exactly since Rennes last won the title so maybe it is an omen for them.

Why have Lyon dropped from being the undisputed King to a Champions League struggler? I expected them to drop off eventually but not this much.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Forest » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:41 am

Giles Sunu didnt score then :disgust:

Think in Europe mainly France, Germany and maybe Italy it seems like team work, youth and crude signings are boosting teams to top of the league. Take Renne, Dortmund and Hannover are top or neat the top of the table but are not the big spenders or Cl sides of past few years.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby elkanofan » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:06 pm

well in France it's definitely teamwork i think since the stars at Lyon and Marseille simply aren't that outstanding anymore. Lyon's midfield is very compared o how it was 2-3 years ago. Juninho the linchpin has gone and nobody looks remotley like replacing him, even the great young player Pjanic isn't quite there yet. Gourcuff has been average, and there's nobody else in that midfield talented enough. Lisandro also has had injury problems and you can't expect wonders from Gomis and especially Briand. their defence isn't as good as it once was either.

In Germany and Italy you have Napoli and Lazio who yes you would consider as teams who you would see as having a good season because of their team work, but like with Dortmund who seemingly have been working almost telepathically, they do have some very talented players, Dortmund especially but players like Hernanes, Cavani, Lavezzi, Gargano, Zarate, Ledesma etc.. are very good players none the less, setting up a level this season :)
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zenith » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:16 pm

Just finished watching LOSC-Valenciennes, Eden has set up 3 goals (2 assists) and scored one himself, was one of his better games this season.
This thread doesn't seem to have much activity, am I the only one watching Ligue 1? :think:
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:39 pm

Yes
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Artillero » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:48 am

Zenith wrote:Just finished watching LOSC-Valenciennes, Eden has set up 3 goals (2 assists) and scored one himself, was one of his better games this season.
This thread doesn't seem to have much activity, am I the only one watching Ligue 1? :think:

Yes.

But I did hear that Mancini went to France to watch Eden. So forget about him.
Artillero
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Zenith » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:33 pm

Artillero wrote:
Zenith wrote:Just finished watching LOSC-Valenciennes, Eden has set up 3 goals (2 assists) and scored one himself, was one of his better games this season.

Yes.

But I did hear that Mancini went to France to watch Eden. So forget about him.

Mancini wasn't even there himself and he's not the first and even if assuming he was there, he will certainly not be the last coach who has been to watch Lille's games. This league has so much talented young players, who are way more likely to leave their competition to play in the EPL than Bundesliga or Serie A players.
I've been watching him long time before he was even linked with us and I fort he past 2 years i'm allready 99% certain he won't join our club either (since it's just very unlikely we will pay £27-33 milion for a young player) but none of that is gonna stop me watching him since he's one of the most talented players Belgium had the past 25 years or even more.
Quite strange then how everyone seems to claim @ transfer rumour they know Hazard's playstyle, character and attitude, yet most people don't even watch him play. :dontknow:
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Reverend Gooner » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:18 pm

I just checked ligue 2 to see how close Monaco are to winning the league and they are near the bottom. That is bouncebackability of 0.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:28 pm

What does LOSC mean (Lille) ?.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zenith » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:39 pm

Yes, that's right.
Lille OSC, LOSC Lille, LOSC or just Lille, whatever you wanna call it they are all correct.
The LO part comes from Olympique Lillois and SC comes from SC Rives, the club they merged with many years ago.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:14 pm

Zenith wrote:
Reverend Gooner wrote:I just checked ligue 2 to see how close Monaco are to winning the league and they are near the bottom. That is bouncebackability of 0.

Terrible isn't it?
Aswell they payed 7.5 Million euro's for Club Bruge's Nabil Dirar, who's worth around 4-5 tops not to mention he's not the only one they payed such high fee for, yet they can't fail to bounce back.

I take it that was a ligue 1 record fee, how can such a team fail so hard! I am just amazed that they have been so shit, Monaco are the sort of club I would expect a billionaire to want to take over, at this rate they will go the complete other way and end up on skid row.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:31 pm

Zenith wrote:Yes, that's right.
Lille OSC, LOSC Lille, LOSC or just Lille, whatever you wanna call it they are all correct.
The LO part comes from Olympique Lillois and SC comes from SC Rives, the club they merged with many years ago.

Thanks for that. If i ever need to mention them i will say Lille. it is the easiest.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby AZGooner » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:04 pm

I follow Marseille, but they've gone to shit last 2 months. Hoping Montpellier pulls it out. Dont wanna see Lille, PSG, or Lyon hoisting the cup.
AZGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:41 pm

I have bought a cheap Lens shirt from Sportsdirect today. Just because it is really smart. They are in the 2nd division.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Next

Return to World Football