FC Barcelona

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Barcelona Need Loan to Pay Wages

Postby GunnGunn » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:47 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:Real take loans all the time and still spend a fortune. It's just the same really.

True but their loans are often backed by the Spanish government (that still strikes me as somewhat illegal, or at the very least dirty). I have no problem with Barca taking loans out, I don't like them because of the way they have targeted first Henry and now Cesc but meh, smaller clubs probably hate Arsenal for the exact same thing.

Exactly, all the bigger clubs do this to the smaller clubs, its just the way football is. Barca are a bit bigger than us.

It's not the fact they want Cesc, it's the way we are going about it. We don't embark on disgusting media campaigns when we want a player. Nor do United, Milan, Juve, Inter, Liverpool or even Chelsea. Only Barca and Madrid do it

Is it the Spanish media, or the clubs themselves. I've always heard on here people complaining about the media starting these things, or is it the clubs going to the media?

Barcelona use the media to unsettle players, there is an interview with Laporta on the official Barcelona website where he quite clearly says that the media have it now, the rest will be easy.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:54 pm

I see.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Inchpräctice » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:23 pm

A geezer on the radio yesterday was saying that although they're taking out a loan it is serviceable.
Whether that makes any difference or not I don't know....

My gut feeling is that loan or no loan they will not end up getting Cesc.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby TheLittleMozart » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:39 pm

Surley they could simply secure a major shite sponsership, if they were in THAT much need of cash.
They'll be fine and its reported that they still have some cash left in the transfer budget to target Cesc so i don't think one is over just yet.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby CynicalGooner » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:01 pm

I think it could all be elaborate bollocks and they're weaving this little tale to make it seem like they can't afford Cesc at his real price
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fabrestuta » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:43 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:Surley they could simply secure a major shite sponsership, if they were in THAT much need of cash.
They'll be fine and its reported that they still have some cash left in the transfer budget to target Cesc so i don't think one is over just yet.

They are getting a sponsor. Not sure if it's this season or next but it was announced a few weeks ago.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby DesertDwellingGooner » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:50 pm

Just really don't like both Madrid and Barcelona. :shifty:
DesertDwellingGooner
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Re: Barcelona's financial situation

Postby Zenith » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:21 am

Most of Barcelona's squad is on the market. The majority of players don't want to leave but the club needs money urgently [Gerard Romero]

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:27 am

Messi carries the whole team. Guarantee those players will look a lot worse playing in a different jersey.

Suarez - old and past it
Rakitic - same, Barca tried to get rid last year
Dembele - French Wilshere
Countinho - never fit in to begin with
Jordi Alba - OK, he could still be good
Shakira's husband - past it
Busquets - past it
Umtiti - hospital case
Nelson Semedo - too inexperienced to be worth keeping
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:37 pm

Lionel Messi | Welcome to PSG | All goals & assists | 1080p | Despacito remix
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Angelito » Sun May 03, 2020 4:29 am

Barca are desperate for Lautaro.

I'm not sure how that happens. They're the worst run big club, with a net spend of nearly €400m on three players alone. Then, there's this pandemic which has hit them the hardest.

It won't be possible unless Griezmann is involved in the deal, somehow.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: FC Barcelona

Postby Angelito » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:31 pm

Good luck, Ansu.

On a different note, looking at how Barca fans have reacted to Laporta trolling them, you'd think they deserve Messxit.

As a Gooner, however, *gulp*.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Ach » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:41 pm

Who
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:50 am

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_ ... ase-report

Barcelona probed for suspected bribery in referee official case

Barcelona have been charged with suspected bribery for payments worth more than €7 million ($7.3m) made to companies linked to the former vice president of the refereeing committee, José María Enríquez Negreira, according to court documents.

Former Barça presidents Josep María Bartomeu and Sandro Rosell also stand accused of the same charges, as do Negreira and his son, Javier Enríquez Romero.

Barça had previously been charged with alleged corruption in sport, corruption in business, false administration and the falsification of commercial documents.

Meanwhile, Spanish police raided the offices of the refereeing committee at the Royal Spanish Football Federation [RFEF] in Madrid on Thursday for documentation in relation to the case.

The Police said they had not made any arrests and were acting on the orders of judge Joaquin Aguirre, who is investigating the case.

"All RFEF personnel have collaborated at all times with the request for information from the authorities. The RFEF remains at the disposal of the Justice for the sole purpose of clarifying the facts under investigation as soon as possible," the Spanish federation said in a statement.

A Spanish court first accepted a complaint lodged by prosecutors against Barça, their former presidents and the Negreiras in March and opened an investigation.

The addition of the bribery charges could now speed up a process that has been ongoing since February, when the payments were first revealed.

In Spain, a bribery offence only requires proof that a public official or authority has requested money or some compensation to make an influenced decision within the scope of their powers.

Barça paid Negreira's companies more than €7m between 2001 and 2018 while he was the vice president of the refereeing committee. He had previously been a referee in the Spanish top flight.

Barca president Joan Laporta has said the payments were for "technical reports about referees" and denied the club has ever "bought referees or influence."

However, prosecutors accused Rosell and Bartomeu of having an agreement with Negreira in which "he would carry out actions aimed at favouring Barca in the decision-making of the referees in the matches played by the club and thus in the results of the competitions."

Rosell was Barca president from 2010 to 2014 before Bartomeu replaced him. After six years at the helm of the Catalan club, Bartomeu resigned in 2020, with Laporta elected as his replacement in 2021.

Barcelona head coach Xavi Hernandez addressed the story in a news conference on Thursday.

"You know my opinion," Xavi said. "I have never had the feeling that the club have benefitted from refereeing. Never.

"I don't have time to reflect on much more than that, I'm focused on sporting issues. Next week there will be another Negreira story, in 15 days another and then more a month."

Later on Thursday, Barça announced annual revenue of over €1 billion and after-tax net profit of €304m for the 2022-23 campaign.

"The club can report that the 2022/23 financial year has closed with a net profit of €304m after taxes, a result higher than that approved in last season's budget," Barça said in a statement.

"During the 2022/23 season, Barcelona achieved, on a consolidated level, operating income of €1.259bn with operating expenses of €1.165bn."

Sources have told ESPN that the consolidated income did not include all the money from the sales of some club assets -- called financial levers - - which make up the rest of the profits.

Due to the extraordinary nature of the asset sales, which Barça used in the summer of 2022 to fund player signings, revenue will drop this season.

"For the 2023/24 season, the club projects revenue of €859m and a profit of €11m before taxes," the statement added.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:34 am

Joao Felix took a massive pay cut to move to Barcelona agreeing to £345,000 (£6635 per week) a year until Barcelona can afford more.

As it turns out they now can and he’s getting £66,345 a week but it’s still not very high for a player of his quality.

Admirable to see a player prioritising the move over money and recognising his career hasn’t been a big success recently and trying to get back on track.

Think this is an amazing rare and an interesting contrast to Havertz who somehow managed to get more than he was getting at Chelsea. I find the whole concept of reward failure something which isn’t unique to football but exists at the higher levels in the world of employment very strange and ridiculous.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

PreviousNext

Return to World Football