Wojciech Szczęsny

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: OFFICIAL: Szczesny signs for Juventus

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:20 pm

Bring him home. He's got the education from Buffon that he probably wouldn't have got here to make him number 1 again.
Last edited by Royal Gooner on Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Losmeister » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:56 pm

Zenith wrote:Couldn't resist creating a gif -

so perfect... win ball, destroy opponent... :1990_dancing.gif:

can a simple post as this make into the "posts you should not miss"?

i VOCIFEROUSLY nominate! ( that fuckng wink! killer! :rofll: )
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby KG3 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:14 am

Let bring back a player who was rubbish throughout his entire spell at Arsenal, great idea!

Can we also bring back Squillaci and Chamakh while we are at it
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby KG3 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:22 am

Bring back Szczesny world class performance against Real Madrid
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:37 am

Played for a minute. Conceded a goal.

Imagine if he started. 90 goals conceded
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:23 pm

KG3 wrote:Bring back Szczesny world class performance against Real Madrid

Newfound respect the way he walked to the pitch with a smugface. :hail:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LegendaryKeown » Thu May 10, 2018 8:49 am

Buffon now first choice even in the league for the past few games......
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:20 pm

Poor Juve fans
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:49 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45761597

Our boy come good

Always been a fan
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:15 pm

Still makes some mistakes but tbh can't find a top goalkeeper these days who doesn't. Miss him being here tbh and hope he comes back one day, his interviews were always hilarious.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Fran Solo » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:38 pm

Szczesny’s hilarious assessment of former Arsenal teammates

It turns out that Wojciech Szczesny talking about his former Arsenal teammates is every bit as entertaining as you might expect.

In an interview with Polish football journalists Łukasz Wiśniowski and Kuba Polkowski on their YouTube channel ‘Foot Truck’, the Juve keeper shared a few tasty morsels about his time as a Gunner covering everything from Rob van Persie’s arrogance to Santi Cazorla’s tendency to pile on the pounds.

Reddit user ‘hochmvn’ has translated the most interesting snippets and shared them on the Gunners Reddit channel. Thanks to him!

__

Tomas Rosicky
You watch ‘Little Mozart’ play with great pleasure. His movement on the pitch was impressive, full of class and grace. I still believe he must be the richest footballer I know. He never spent any money. The whole time I was at Arsenal he had the same car, a 2005/6 Mercedes, and he only wore clothes from his sponsor. The only thing he didn’t spare on was his guitar.

Aaron Ramsey
He never considered football as a tactical game. He is the guy who runs for the whole 90 minutes. He runs more than any player I’ve played with, 13 kilometres per game with no problem. In my opinion, he’ll be a great addition to Juventus.

Samir Nasri
He always thought he was some kind of gangster. Everyone has this guy at school, who had strong and big friends and it made him think he’s cool.

Alexandr Hleb
He could have achieved more in football. He still made a great career but he liked to drink.

Thierry Henry
The best player in Arsenal’s history. The best player in Premier League history. He was very demanding, especially on the youngsters. The guys always said they were afraid of him in training. When you failed a pass, he got pissed and let you know he’s not happy with you very vocally. Great guy.

Jack Wilshere
My best friend, alongside [Grzegorz] Krychowiak. At my wedding he got so drunk, we were looking for him everywhere for two hours and found him sleeping in bushes. He had one injury that he never really fixed and it’s caused the next and the next. He’s one of the greatest talents, I ever met. Because of injuries he now plays in West Ham rather than a big European club.

Robin van Persie
You have to admit, he left for Manchester United and the following year won a title, however, after that he got benched, moved to Turkey and his big career ended. He could have made other decisions and achieved lots more at Arsenal. He’s extremely arrogant – sometimes.

Nicklas Bendtner
One of the most intelligent guys I played with. You see Nick, well-organised, neat, in-form and it seems everything is going great for him. The next day you open a newspaper and read – “Drunk Bendtner driving wrong way” and you are like, what the f**k? I don’t know, he’s a guy with two personalities. The most confident guy I played with.

Gervinho
Who thought he would be in the top 40 I played with?! Add one more 0.

Olivier Giroud
The most handsome player I played with, and he knows it. He loves himself, even more than [Grzegorz] Krychowiak. You know, little beard comb, oils for chest. Great guy and a very underrated player.

Bacary Sagna
In my opinion, Bac, at his peak was the best right-back in the Premier League. When the game wasn’t going well for us, I’d just pass long balls to him on the halfway line. We used to train for this and 98 times out of 100 he’d win the ball.

Hector Bellerin
Heccy still has lots to improve in defence. Now that he’s a wingback, he’s giving more offensively. His style is a little weird, but whose isn’t. He got that from his mum.

Mesut Ozil
Seven times he’s brilliant, two times he’s horrible. He’s not lazy as people say. Great guy. He can’t stabilise his form in the Premier League and I really can’t tell why. He has unbelievable vision on the pitch. You watch a match on TV and you’re like, “how has he seen that? I haven’t and I’ve got the whole screen on TV.”

Lukas Podolski
I remember, and I’m not lying to you now, that in training, when Poldi got the ball inside the box, 10/11 metres out, I didn’t want to save it. I just covered my head. I swear, I just protected the head. He’s a really funny guy and yet for all that a really normal person.

Andrey Arshavin
Hilarious guy, he has the funniest laugh ever. The season he joined us, we played lots of small games in training and we were like, “wow, we are going to win the league”. We didn’t.

Santi Cazorla
We were at a training camp in Cologne, Germany when Santi joined us. In the first training session, we played small games. After training, the guys gave Arsene a round of applause for signing Cazorla. Slow, small, but one of the best I’ve played with. He has an unbelievable mind and technique. I can’t tell what was his best asset, but you played with him and were like, “Oh my God, he’s so good.” Lovable, friendly, always smiling. I’m not wanting to insult him but he did have a tendency to gain weight.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:47 pm

Henry confirmed as a dick
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:31 pm

That was s great read tbf.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:01 pm

Love his assessment of The Great Dane, The Lord St. Nicklas of Bendtner.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:49 pm

Great read but made me sad for what could have been with Rosicky and Cazorla.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to World Football