Wojciech Szczęsny

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: OFFICIAL: Szczesny signs for Juventus

Postby Cripps » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:38 pm

Zenith wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Zenith wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Roma did have the option to turn Szczesny’s move into a permanent one.

However, they are not expected to explore that possibility due to the fact they see Brazilian Alisson as being their No1.

/thread

Yes because articles published by The Sun are more reputable regarding Italian football transfers than the most reputable newspaper in Italy.

However, they are not expected to explore that possibility due to the fact they see Brazilian Alisson as being their No1.

Another howler by The Sun; Since Alisson's arrival Szczesny has been the undisputed no. 1 and made over 39 appearances in a single season, whereas Allison has spent over 3420 minutes warming the bench. 38 games in which he wasn't favored to Szczesny to be precise.

"He was the best goalkeeper in the Serie A in terms of consistency, and saves made." —Gianluigi Buffon

Considering hes now on juves bench and Alisson is number one at Roma, Sun was right. They bedded him in and now he's ready they've dumped Szczesny. He wanted to stay. They had no interest

Dumped Szczesny? You keep making things up.

His loan contract simply expired and he was officially on Arsenal's books and Arsenal's books only.

You can't ''dump'' players you do not own.

Semantics. You know what I meant. They had no interest in buying him once Alisson was considered ready. Not making anything up. No need to. I leave that to you and others.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:53 pm

Cripps wrote:
Zenith wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Zenith wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Roma did have the option to turn Szczesny’s move into a permanent one.

/thread

Yes because articles published by The Sun are more reputable regarding Italian football transfers than the most reputable newspaper in Italy.

Another howler by The Sun; Since Alisson's arrival Szczesny has been the undisputed no. 1 and made over 39 appearances in a single season, whereas Allison has spent over 3420 minutes warming the bench. 38 games in which he wasn't favored to Szczesny to be precise.

"He was the best goalkeeper in the Serie A in terms of consistency, and saves made." —Gianluigi Buffon

Considering hes now on juves bench and Alisson is number one at Roma, Sun was right. They bedded him in and now he's ready they've dumped Szczesny. He wanted to stay. They had no interest

Dumped Szczesny? You keep making things up.

His loan contract simply expired and he was officially on Arsenal's books and Arsenal's books only.

You can't ''dump'' players you do not own.

Semantics. You know what I meant. They had no interest in buying him once Alisson was considered ready. Not making anything up. No need to. I leave that to you and others.

Due ore di vertice per fare il punto sulla Roma a 360 gradi. Spalletti ha incontrato il presidente Pallotta e il dg Baldissoni negli uffici della società, con cui ha parlato anche di mercato: "La nostra volontà è quella di tenere sia Szczesny, sia Digne - dice il tecnico giallorosso.

Google translate version to English -
Two-hour summit to make a point on Rome at 360 degrees. Spalletti met with President Pallotta and Baldissoni in the offices of the company, with whom he also talked about the market: "Our will is to keep both Szczesny and Digne," says the giallorosso technical "

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/news/c ... _e_napoli/

In a nutshell; Roma and Napoli had no chance when Juventus came knocking they were the most attractive potential suitor Arsenal and Szczesny who held the cards.

Now stop fabricating falsities. Tyvm.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Cripps » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:56 pm

And yet here he is on Juve bench. If they wanted him they'd have got him. Considering he spent 2 years there.

What exactly are you trying to prove here?
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:03 pm

Cripps wrote:And yet here he is on Juve bench. If they wanted him they'd have got him. Considering he spent 2 years there.

What exactly are you trying to prove here?

What I did is prove the information you are spreading regarding Szczesny is pure fabrication from your end, by using direct quotes from Spaletti stating Roma were eager to keep Szczesny at Roma. End of story.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Cripps » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:10 pm

so they wanted him, he wanted to stay.

He's at Juve.

Explain that.

Explain why Roma bought another keeper who they always intended to make number one once he'd settled in while Szczesny was there?

It's really not that difficult to understand but you continue to argue against it. From personal experience I've found that going up against a mod isn't a good thing even though I'm not trolling or being abusive but I still got banned so I'd rather it didn't happen again so you're right, I'm wrong. Let's leave it at that
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:12 pm

What is the bullshit?

Their fricking President said they couldn't sign him because Juve wanted him but there's some absolutely bullshit logic that they didn't?
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:18 pm

zenith absolutely mopping up shop here like a prime redondo
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Cripps » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:19 pm

Sims wrote:zenith absolutely mopping up shop here like a prime redondo

Yes cos Roma bought Szczesny.

Oh wait..
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby MesutOzil11 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:20 pm

Sims wrote:zenith absolutely mopping up shop here like a prime redondo

Really is the GOAT.

Fantastic stuff.
MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby BS221B » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:23 pm

Completely ignoring Pallottas quote and then bringing an article from April 19th, 2017 where Spaletti was still managing Rome and Monchi wasnt even at sight.

:naughty:
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Cripps » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:36 pm

BS221B wrote:Completely ignoring Pallottas quote and then bringing an article from April 19th, 2017 where Spaletti was still managing Rome and Monchi wasnt even at sight.

:naughty:

They believe only what they want to believe
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:38 pm

Cripps wrote:so they wanted him, he wanted to stay.

He's at Juve.

Explain that.

Explain why Roma bought another keeper who they always intended to make number one once he'd settled in while Szczesny was there?

I've explained all of this into detail in my previous posts. If you actually read these posts you wouldn't be asking me that question.

You keep making it sound as though Roma had the upper hand here, which is - again - factually incorrect.

Since I'm not going to repeat myself I will use some of my latest quotes regarding this -

Zenith wrote:In a nutshell; Roma and Napoli had no chance when Juventus came knocking they were the most attractive potential suitor Arsenal and Szczesny who held the cards.

Zenith wrote:In that quote he solely states Szczesny wanted to stay and that was months before the Serie A Champions showed interest

Cripps wrote:From personal experience I've found that going up against a mod isn't a good thing even though I'm not trolling or being abusive but I still got banned so I'd rather it didn't happen again so you're right, I'm wrong. Let's leave it at that

You've lost a debate and rather than taking it like a man, you crawl in your victim role again. Just for your information, even though I back the call, I didn''t banned you. In fact being the second-longest serving moderator on here I've never banned anyone from this forum other than advertising accounts which are being generated by bots.

The fact that you needed an explanation as to why you received a one-week ban back in May says a lot about your integrity and self-reflection.

You should be grateful we have such a patient and tolerant mod team, because elsewhere you wouldn't last a month.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Cripps » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:01 pm

Zenith wrote:

He's at Juve.

Explain that.

I've explained all of this into detail in my previous posts. If you actually read these posts you wouldn't be asking me that question.

You keep making it sound as though Roma had the upper hand here, which is - again - factually incorrect.

Since I'm not going to repeat myself I will use some of my latest quotes regarding this -

Zenith wrote:In a nutshell; Roma and Napoli had no chance when Juventus came knocking they were the most attractive potential suitor Arsenal and Szczesny who held the cards.

Zenith wrote:In that quote he solely states Szczesny wanted to stay and that was months before the Serie A Champions showed interest.

Cripps wrote:From personal experience I've found that going up against a mod isn't a good thing even though I'm not trolling or being abusive but I still got banned so I'd rather it didn't happen again so you're right, I'm wrong. Let's leave it at that

You've lost a debate and rather than taking it like a man, you crawl in your victim role again. Just for your information, even I backed the right call, I haven't banned you, in fact being the second-longest serving moderator on here I've never banned anyone from this forum other than advertising accounts which are being generated by bots.

The fact that you needed an explanation as to why you received a one-week ban back in May says a lot about your integrity and self-reflection.

You should be grateful we have such a patient and tolerant mod team, because elsewhere you wouldn't last a month.

So you completely ignore Szczesny saying he wanted to stay at Roma.

Completely ignore Roma not taking up the option to buy him and hide behind the oh its the Sun so must be wrong

If being on the bench is a more attractive option than being number one at a club he was at for 2 years then I'm glad we sold him. Reality is, Roma didn't want him. All evidence points to this no matter how much you waffle on.

As for the rest of the mumbo jumbo, I was banned for no reason. If you think its wrong to ask why then that says a lot more about you than me. Will I be banned now? Like I said, ive not been abusive, ive stood my ground in a debate despite having laughable counter arguments thrown at me. All I did was stick to the facts and produced articles to back it up as did BS and as you know theres no love lost between me and him.

Also lasted over 7 years on another Arsenal forum before joining this, that would be you being wrong again

and I enjoy it on here. The high and mighty attitude withstanding.

But I'm sensing I'm near the edge now so i'll leave it. Now my friend is the end of the story
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:26 pm

Tbh going to juve isn't a bad move for scez, learns off buffon and can take over his role in a serious team.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Zenith » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:28 pm

Cripps wrote:
Zenith wrote:

He's at Juve.

Explain that.

Zenith wrote:In that quote he solely states Szczesny wanted to stay and that was months before the Serie A Champions showed interest.

You've lost a debate and rather than taking it like a man, you crawl in your victim role again. Just for your information, even I backed the right call, I haven't banned you, in fact being the second-longest serving moderator on here I've never banned anyone from this forum other than advertising accounts which are being generated by bots.

So you completely ignore Szczesny saying he wanted to stay at Roma.

Completely ignore Roma not taking up the option to buy him and hide behind the oh its the Sun so must be wrong

I never ignored Szczesny's quotes of wanting to stay at Roma, you just refuse to read my previous posts and refuse to read them again when I requote them for you.

Ok let's try this one more time as you seem to have mixed up the chronology of events.

Sky Sports News HQ understands Juventus have agreed a deal in principle to sign Szczesny for €16m (around £14m) from Arsenal, but Pallotta says the Poland international shot-stopper wants to stay in Rome.

"He told me that he wanted to stay with us," Pallotta told radio station SiriusXM. "I'll say more, I was surprised by the fact some of the players I thought had wanted to leave came up to me before and after the final game to say they wanted to remain.

Szczesny tells Pallotta he wants to stay after Roma's 3-2 victory over Genoa on May 28, 2017.

No formal inquiry made by Juventus, no sign of Wenger wanting him back, excellent season at Roma.

Late June 2017 Juventus come knocking, tell Szczesny he will be given the chance ot become Buffon's successor when he retires in 2018 and come in with the most attractive offer for both Szczesny and Arsenal.

His head was turned, his decision was made and was never going to turn down a huge opportunity like this for an extended stay at a worse team. Roma never stood a chance.

I rest my case.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to World Football