UEFA Women's Euro 2022

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: UEFA Women's Euro 2022

Postby Zenith » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:56 pm

Goonerred wrote:
Santi wrote:Parris no longer a gooner but yeah we had good representation considering half our squad is foreign :)

She only came last year, when did she leave?
It says on the .com web site that she's still with us.

The Athletic’s David Ornstein is reporting (£) that Manchester United and Arsenal have agreed a deal for Nikita Parris to join United. The England winger joined the club from Lyon last summer.

It’s been well reported that United were interested in Parris, while I am told Tottenham Hotspur were also interested in the player. Parris joined the club for a club record transfer fee from Lyon last summer.

However, Parris, who was signed prior to the appointment of coach Jonas Eidevall last summer and has struggled to fit into Eidevall’s high pressing style, which asks for wingers to stretch the pitch and take on their full-backs, while Parris operates much more like a wide striker who likes to make off-ball runs into the area.

Parris found minutes difficult to come by, especially due to the form of Beth Mead on the right wing. She only started one of Arsenal’s last 13 games and managed one WSL goal- a penalty in the final home game of the season.

https://arseblog.news/2022/07/nikita-pa ... se-report/
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby UFGN » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:19 pm

A great tribute to Maria, the super fan we lost the other week, that her heroes Arsenal Women were so instrumental in this.

:arsenal3:
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Goonerred » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:17 pm

Zenith wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Santi wrote:Parris no longer a gooner but yeah we had good representation considering half our squad is foreign :)

The Athletic’s David Ornstein is reporting (£) that Manchester United and Arsenal have agreed a deal for Nikita Parris to join United. The England winger joined the club from Lyon last summer.

It’s been well reported that United were interested in Parris, while I am told Tottenham Hotspur were also interested in the player. Parris joined the club for a club record transfer fee from Lyon last summer.

However, Parris, who was signed prior to the appointment of coach Jonas Eidevall last summer and has struggled to fit into Eidevall’s high pressing style, which asks for wingers to stretch the pitch and take on their full-backs, while Parris operates much more like a wide striker who likes to make off-ball runs into the area.

Parris found minutes difficult to come by, especially due to the form of Beth Mead on the right wing. She only started one of Arsenal’s last 13 games and managed one WSL goal- a penalty in the final home game of the season.

Shame, one of my heroes, I was so pleased when she came to us.Still, if she's not getting minutes I can't blame her.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:31 pm

Football came home. And a victory over the enemy on the anniversary of 1966 makes it even sweeter.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Santi » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:09 pm

Goonerred wrote:
Zenith wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

Shame, one of my heroes, I was so pleased when she came to us.Still, if she's not getting minutes I can't blame her.

I think she was brought in a bit with a view to replacing Miedema when they had worries about her leaving - either her or Mead shifting to the middle. Managed to convince Viv to stay last season, she played well and now signed a new deal, all while Parris didn't really hit it off here with a lack of time.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:26 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:07 am

Zenith wrote:

The last sentence is telling with the league rep saying if they win an appeal, they'll have to accept "the girl".

We've certainly moved on a lor.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:40 am

I think the PL players should do a courtsey before matches to keep womens' plights in the public eye.
Goonerred

Previous

Return to World Football