Unai Emery

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World football chat.

Is Unai Emery the right man to take Arsenal forward?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Yes
18
27%
No
22
33%
Unsure
16
24%
Doesn't matter as long as Kroenke is in charge
10
15%
 
Total votes : 66

Re: Unai Emery

Postby Angelito » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:51 pm



This man's hatred for Arsenal is pathological. What a sore loser.
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 26895
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: Unai Emery

Postby Tony Adams » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:55 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:The funny thing is he started off okay, first season bar Crystal Palace onwards was actually half decent, we were looking good for top 4.

But then he started second guessing himself, he couldn't sort out the defence or get his 4-3-3 to work so he kept swapping with 3-4-3 to have 5 at the back to plug the holes, it worked most of the time and stabilized some results but then he never fully committed to it despite the better results, he kept trying to succeed with 4-3-3 even after the Utd battering etc.

The players were just confused.

Then came the 2nd season and it was just a mess from the off.

Torreria placed basically as CAM, Pepe frozen out, Ozil frozen out until Unai buckled in a panic due to results, made Xhaka captain when at the time most fans wanted him gone for his unreliable fk ups and basically being a liability, you don't make a liabilty your captain.

Then it was the 4 captains BS showing indecision, also allowing the players to vote on the captain rather than picking your own.

The 2nd season was a shambles.
I think it was the europa league run that killed it. It was like we stopped trying in the league cos we were so confident of winning it. Then we dropped off in the league meaning there was way too much pressure on us in the final and we bottled it!

We then went into the new season with the players no longer believing. It was right back to the doubts they had under Wenger.
Image
User avatar
Tony Adams
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 35714
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Unai Emery

Postby Santi » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:51 pm

Tony Adams wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:The funny thing is he started off okay, first season bar Crystal Palace onwards was actually half decent, we were looking good for top 4.

But then he started second guessing himself, he couldn't sort out the defence or get his 4-3-3 to work so he kept swapping with 3-4-3 to have 5 at the back to plug the holes, it worked most of the time and stabilized some results but then he never fully committed to it despite the better results, he kept trying to succeed with 4-3-3 even after the Utd battering etc.

The players were just confused.

Then came the 2nd season and it was just a mess from the off.

Torreria placed basically as CAM, Pepe frozen out, Ozil frozen out until Unai buckled in a panic due to results, made Xhaka captain when at the time most fans wanted him gone for his unreliable fk ups and basically being a liability, you don't make a liabilty your captain.

Then it was the 4 captains BS showing indecision, also allowing the players to vote on the captain rather than picking your own.

The 2nd season was a shambles.
I think it was the europa league run that killed it. It was like we stopped trying in the league cos we were so confident of winning it. Then we dropped off in the league meaning there was way too much pressure on us in the final and we bottled it!

We then went into the new season with the players no longer believing. It was right back to the doubts they had under Wenger.



Agree but I think there was a lot of luck in the first season as well in the PL. we didn’t deserve half the results we got and ironically played our best stuff in the competition we were so desperate to get out of.

The EL games were some of our best performances (Napoli, Valencia both legs, Rennes return game), people underestimated these teams and how big the results were. The same Napoli that couldn’t get a sniff against us, had the best team in Europe all over the show just 4 months later.

This season would have been very different if we had won the EL imo but eventually would’ve turned out as 4/5 wasted years with us still nowhere near the top and without a proper identity.
Image
#YoPierre
User avatar
Santi
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017
 
Posts: 34496
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: Unai Emery

Postby Phil71 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:26 pm

I don't see anything wrong with what Emery said about Ramsey.
User avatar
Phil71
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 5337
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: Unai Emery

Postby Dejan » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:24 pm

Phil71 wrote:I don't see anything wrong with what Emery said about Ramsey.
Me neither lol

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
User avatar
Dejan
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 25509
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:37 pm

Re: Unai Emery

Postby Ach » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:42 pm

Dejan wrote:
Phil71 wrote:I don't see anything wrong with what Emery said about Ramsey.
Me neither lol

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Ach
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13901
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Unai Emery

Postby Angelito » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:56 am

You guys surely couldn't have missed the backhanded remarks? :shifty:
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 26895
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: Unai Emery

Postby Phil71 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:45 am

I'd have to get the context in which it was said, but on the face of it with what we can see written there, it looks fine.
User avatar
Phil71
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 5337
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: Unai Emery

Postby elkanofan » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:11 pm

Angelito wrote:You guys surely couldn't have missed the backhanded remarks? :shifty:


I see it. But he's right. We are still a mess. We care more about internal profit than winning things.

He f***ked up hard here at Arsenal but the problems are bigger than Emery here.

He should of been stronger last summer to get exactly who he needed, he was too passive, went into the season with a piss poor midfield and paid for it. But our club has been a joke for a very long time and the job here was too much for Emery to handle.
Image
User avatar
elkanofan
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13739
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: I'm goin Latin America

Previous

Return to World Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest