Champions League 2017-18

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World football chat.

Who will win the UCL?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:03 pm

Atletico Madrid
0
No votes
Barcelona
1
4%
Bayern Munich
2
8%
Borussia Dortmund
1
4%
Chelsea
0
No votes
Juventus
2
8%
Manchester City
2
8%
Manchester United
0
No votes
Paris Saint-Germain
5
20%
Real Madrid
12
48%
Other
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 25

Re: Champions League 2017-18

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:00 pm

Meh, Barca used to be my 2nd favourite team after us, but City are the Kings of beautiful football. OH MY PEP, I can see them winning the treble
User avatar
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 23276
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:31 am

Re: Champions League 2017-18

Postby Losmeister » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:27 pm

Mesüt wrote:are these comms stupid or what, mbappe didnt fail at the rabona he was clearly trying to do rabona stepover n ramos just defended well


whatever, absolute silliness from mbappe and a turnover.

should never have left monaco, i say...
"Therefore the sage wears rough clothing and holds the jewel in his heart. "
User avatar
Losmeister
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4430
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: Champions League 2017-18

Postby Losmeister » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:29 pm

GoonerAlexandre wrote:So that's what he left Barcelona for. Nowhere near Messi or Ronaldo, but Neymar wants to be a star


had a lot of opportunities....


indeed, nowhere near the 2 greats
"Therefore the sage wears rough clothing and holds the jewel in his heart. "
User avatar
Losmeister
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4430
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: Champions League 2017-18

Postby Mesüt » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:41 pm

Wouldn't write PSG off yet, they will most certainly score at home.


meanwhile 2 more records for goatnaldo...one of which being:

Crisitiano Ronaldo made history once again on Wednesday night in becoming the first player ever to score 100 Champions League goals for the same club.
Image

#YoPierre
User avatar
Mesüt
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017
 
Posts: 28866
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: Champions League 2017-18

Postby Losmeister » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:53 pm

Mesüt wrote:Wouldn't write PSG off yet, they will most certainly score at home.


meanwhile 2 more records for goatnaldo...one of which being:

Crisitiano Ronaldo made history once again on Wednesday night in becoming the first player ever to score 100 Champions League goals for the same club.


crazy.

a BS pen.

then goes in off his knee while he's tryna figure out how to try to hit it...
"Therefore the sage wears rough clothing and holds the jewel in his heart. "
User avatar
Losmeister
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4430
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: Champions League 2017-18

Postby Mesüt » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:55 pm

Pen was soft but not BS, defender gave ref a chance to give it and Madrid were the home team. No surprise it was perfectly dispatched.
Image

#YoPierre
User avatar
Mesüt
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017
 
Posts: 28866
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: Champions League 2017-18

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:12 pm

I have an issue with the ref, and it's actually more on his inconsistency than anything.

Firstly, don't think it was a pen. However, if you give it for that, you have to give a second yellow and send him off. Having said that, should have been a yellow for diving for Kroos.

Few minutes after half time, Neymar put in the second most embarrassing dive of the game (That's saying something) while on a yellow. Ref gave a free kick to Real Madrid. Neymar wasn't sent off. Why?

Few more minutes later, Neymar AGAIN dives in or maybe just outside the box, this one even more embarrassing than the first, and blatantly asks for a penalty. Ref waves play on. Again, if it's a dive, why is he not sent off? Really annoying

Flopnaldo did well.
User avatar
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 23276
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:31 am

Re: Champions League 2017-18

Postby Losmeister » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:14 pm

Mesüt wrote:Pen was soft but not BS, defender gave ref a chance to give it and Madrid were the home team. No surprise it was perfectly dispatched.


soft/BS.. were splitting atoms. shouldn't ever be a pen, in my book. more of a dive/flop than a foul.

no, no surprise he converted. a beast of a pen taker, he is, without doubt.

defo one of best if not best ever.
"Therefore the sage wears rough clothing and holds the jewel in his heart. "
User avatar
Losmeister
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4430
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: Champions League 2017-18

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:15 pm

Losmeister wrote:
Mesüt wrote:Pen was soft but not BS, defender gave ref a chance to give it and Madrid were the home team. No surprise it was perfectly dispatched.


soft/BS.. were splitting atoms. shouldn't ever be a pen, in my book. more of a dive/flop than a foul.

no, no surprise he converted. a beast of a pen taker, he is, without doubt.

defo one of best if not best ever.

Game has gotten soft. It was a clear dive, but wasn't even the worst on the night. Neymar, taking that honour with two outrageous efforts and not one yellow produced to send him off
User avatar
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 23276
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:31 am

Re: Champions League 2017-18

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:16 pm

Anyway, PSG made us look like mental giants.

They're such a poor team in big games, that we drew twice with them, and finished top of the group while they couldn't beat a bunch of farmers under pressure.
User avatar
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 23276
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:31 am

Re: Champions League 2017-18

Postby Dejan » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:20 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Shout out to Sims, Dejan and all the other PSG boosters who got gassed when Neymar joined.
Sup. Still think psg has a big chance in turning this around.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(


Image
User avatar
Dejan
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 21775
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:37 pm

Re: Champions League 2017-18

Postby Losmeister » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:21 pm

GoonerAlexandre wrote:I have an issue with the ref, and it's actually more on his inconsistency than anything.

Firstly, don't think it was a pen. However, if you give it for that, you have to give a second yellow and send him off. Having said that, should have been a yellow for diving for Kroos.

Few minutes after half time, Neymar put in the second most embarrassing dive of the game (That's saying something) while on a yellow. Ref gave a free kick to Real Madrid. Neymar wasn't sent off. Why?

Few more minutes later, Neymar AGAIN dives in or maybe just outside the box, this one even more embarrassing than the first, and blatantly asks for a penalty. Ref waves play on. Again, if it's a dive, why is he not sent off? Really annoying


well said. total agreement here. (dont forget the flop by Modric that won a free kick in a dangerous area. another yellow there.)
"Therefore the sage wears rough clothing and holds the jewel in his heart. "
User avatar
Losmeister
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4430
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: Champions League 2017-18

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:21 pm

Dejan wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Shout out to Sims, Dejan and all the other PSG boosters who got gassed when Neymar joined.
Sup. Still think psg has a big chance in turning this around.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

It's 1-0 in the 90th minute. PSG HAVE A PENALTY!

Cavani to take the L, I meant the penalty.

AND HE'S BOTTLED IT, CAVANI TAKES ANOTHER L WHILE NEYMAR SCREAMS AT HIM!
User avatar
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 23276
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:31 am

Re: Champions League 2017-18

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:21 pm

Losmeister wrote:
GoonerAlexandre wrote:I have an issue with the ref, and it's actually more on his inconsistency than anything.

Firstly, don't think it was a pen. However, if you give it for that, you have to give a second yellow and send him off. Having said that, should have been a yellow for diving for Kroos.

Few minutes after half time, Neymar put in the second most embarrassing dive of the game (That's saying something) while on a yellow. Ref gave a free kick to Real Madrid. Neymar wasn't sent off. Why?

Few more minutes later, Neymar AGAIN dives in or maybe just outside the box, this one even more embarrassing than the first, and blatantly asks for a penalty. Ref waves play on. Again, if it's a dive, why is he not sent off? Really annoying


well said. total agreement here. (dont forget the flop by Modric that won a free kick in a dangerous area. another yellow there.)

Yes, Modric's too.

Neymar's diving was so bad, I almost forgot this one.
User avatar
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 23276
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:31 am

Re: Champions League 2017-18

Postby Dejan » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:33 pm

GoonerAlexandre wrote:
Dejan wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Shout out to Sims, Dejan and all the other PSG boosters who got gassed when Neymar joined.
Sup. Still think psg has a big chance in turning this around.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

It's 1-0 in the 90th minute. PSG HAVE A PENALTY!

Cavani to take the L, I meant the penalty.

AND HE'S BOTTLED IT, CAVANI TAKES ANOTHER L WHILE NEYMAR SCREAMS AT HIM!
Nice try

Cavani hattrick imo

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(


Image
User avatar
Dejan
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 21775
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:37 pm

PreviousNext

Return to World Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Mesüt, Royal Gooner, Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest