2017/18 UEFA Champions League

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Who will win the UCL?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:03 pm

Atletico Madrid
No votes
Barcelona
4%
Bayern Munich
8%
Borussia Dortmund
4%
Chelsea
No votes
Juventus
8%
Manchester City
8%
Manchester United
No votes
Paris Saint-Germain
20%
Real Madrid
48%
Other
No votes

Total votes : 25

Re: Champions League 2017-18

Postby Cripps » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:38 am

Does Chamakh still hold the record for most consecutive games scored in the CL?

Wenger destroyed him
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Kite33 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:50 am

Cripps wrote:
Kite33 wrote:Messi 100 goals now?? Wow he was already head and shoulders above the second best player neymar but now it is light years. Damn brother no wonder everyone call him the GOAT!!!

He is the 2nd player to reach 100

Guess who was first?

Ronaldo...but he is older and plays more upfront than messi...all easier for Ronaldo...we will Talk again in two years Messi will have more goals then hahahaaaaaaa
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Cripps » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:44 pm

Barcelona striker Lionel Messi appeared to take a glucose tablet during his side's victory over Olympiacos on Wednesday. (Mail)

Glucose...sure. I believe you
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:11 pm

Angelito wrote:Whether Spurs lose or win, you have to applaud their spirit. Such 5-star opponents end up destroying us in the CL. But Spurs have held their own well. Tells you how much we've fallen off.

Spurs win 1-1 at Real Madrid
Arsenal lose with a 1-0 win in the bernabeu
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:32 pm

Losmeister wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:
Angelito wrote:Whether Spurs lose or win, you have to applaud their spirit. Such 5-star opponents end up destroying us in the CL. But Spurs have held their own well. Tells you how much we've fallen off.

Their defense will always keep them in matches and keep them from being humiliated like us.

better performance against a huge club than AFC for last ten years

Ac Milan 0 arsenal 2 07/08
Chelsea 1 arsenal 2 08/09
starmandb

Postby Angelito » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:27 am

starmandb wrote:

Yeah, and that happened when? Not since we've been regularly embarrassed by Bayern and Barca, no? That was the point.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:18 am

starmandb wrote:

That was over a decade ago.

We get raped regularly in the CL nowadays.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:37 am

That was the last time we played Real. Why are we counting matches against Barcelona and Bayern in our record against Real Madrid? Real's style is such that I'd still back us to do well, just like Barcelona do well against them
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:28 am

GoonerAlexis wrote:That was the last time we played Real. Why are we counting matches against Barcelona and Bayern in our record against Real Madrid? Real's style is such that I'd still back us to do well, just like Barcelona do well against them

Stop trolling. You know very well what the discussion was about.

Seriously, don't you have anything better to do than use these gimmicks to generate attention?
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:44 am

Angelito wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:That was the last time we played Real. Why are we counting matches against Barcelona and Bayern in our record against Real Madrid? Real's style is such that I'd still back us to do well, just like Barcelona do well against them

Seriously, don't you have anything better to do than use these gimmicks to generate attention?

I was backing up starmandb's point. Real are a team that English teams historically do better against, compared to Barcelona
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:12 am

GoonerAlexis wrote:
Angelito wrote:

I was backing up starmandb's point. Real are a team that English teams historically do better against, compared to Barcelona

That wasn't Starman's point, or anywhere near the point I raised. It was about how Spurs more than held their own against a 5-star team, which is something we haven't for a long time now.

Starman takes everything literally. From your side though, there's no reason to twist and turn an argument to make it more appealing as you have been guilty of doing lately.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:58 pm

Angelito wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:
Angelito wrote:

That wasn't Starman's point, or anywhere near the point I raised. It was about how Spurs more than held their own against a 5-star team, which is something we haven't for a long time now.

Starman takes everything literally. From your side though, there's no reason to twist and turn an argument to make it more appealing as you have been guilty of doing lately.

PSG last season. Twice.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:20 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
Angelito wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:
Angelito wrote:

PSG last season. Twice.

A 5-star team, not.

A 5-star team that blew a 5 goal lead, not.

A 5-star team that hasn't won the CL in recent memory. They've never won it but that's beside the point.

A 5-star team definitely, not. There is a big difference between last season's PSG and this PSG with Neymar and Mbappe.

So, now, please stop embarrassing yourself.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Adamhoward » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:31 am

UEFA Champions League
Scores & schedule
Wed, Nov 1

Roma vs Chelsea -1:15 AM
Atlético Madrid vs Qarabag FK -1:15 AM
Celtic vs Bayern - 1:15 AM
Olympiacos vs Barcelona - 1:15 AM