Quarter Finals Chat Thread

Talk about the Euro 08 Championships here.

Re: Quarter Finals Chat Thread

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:12 pm

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
Reverend Gooner wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
Reverend Gooner wrote:Please gods of football, we saw the lucky, disrespectful Turks get through last night, .

That's a bit harsh mate :snooty:

After what Niko said about the Turkish team talking about who they want out of Germany and Portugal without mentioning Croatia as a threat or giving them any respect then i considered Turkey disrespectful and want them to lose.

Also Russia have been outstanding today and deserve to win, although i hope Holland come back.

Well I love Turkey and the Turkish people, so we'll agree to disagree eh? :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:

Meanwhile....BALLS! 2-1 :BangHead:

I have nothing against Turkey or their people, just the attitude of their players/staff for disrespecting Croatia like that ;)

Russia have played some lovely football today, Italy or Spain have a tough game ahead.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:13 pm

Well I'm shocked :shock:

And that's my flutter out the window :(

Well played Russia
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby singy21 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:17 pm

singy21 wrote:like someone said holland have been great to watch so far but i hope russia can knock em out, i think people underestimate them, and i think if the weaker players in there side have a good day, then you can defo count on zhirkov bilaytedinov and arshavin,
singy21
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby arseman » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:18 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:I have nothing against Turkey or their people, just the attitude of their players/staff for disrespecting Croatia like that ;)

Just curious, I'd actually like to see some of these quotes....
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby SE13 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:19 pm

Balls to it!

Where the hell did the Holland "sexy football" go tonight? They have dazzled us with some of the finest football since 1988 when they won it, and tonight.....? What happened?

Fair play to Russia and all that, but Holland were so easily undone in a game which on paper they should have won before the whistle even blew prior to kick off.

Perhaps Greece winning last time wasn't such a fluke, it's maybe down to the bigger teams bottling it......

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby singy21 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:20 pm

arseman wrote:
Reverend Gooner wrote:I have nothing against Turkey or their people, just the attitude of their players/staff for disrespecting Croatia like that ;)

likewise, what did they do?
singy21
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:23 pm

singy21 wrote:
arseman wrote:

I too would like to see these quotes
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby singy21 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:27 pm

SE13 wrote:Fair play to Russia and all that, but Holland were so easily undone in a game which on paper they should have won before the whistle even blew prior to kick off.

i dont think they bottled it i just think its easy to look at teams with players like sneijder or ballack, and rate them, everyone just over looks teams like russia because youv never seen most of there players in action.

saenko, bilyatedinov, kolodin, the berazutzkys or whatever, all players who play in a league that isnt on show. there twice as good as england, yet everyone seems to think we should do well at tournys
singy21
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:27 pm

Can't believe that just happened.
What happened to the Dutch?

The one positive is that RVP survived the tournament without getting injured. :cloud9:

There's always pre-season I suppose.... :disgust:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:27 pm

singy21 wrote:
arseman wrote:

Niko said this before the Turkey vs Croatia game

you should see their coments in the papers, they are talking about germany and portugal, they don't have any worryes about us, they players are soooooooo cocky

That reminds me of what Man Utd did before the Champions league final, talking like they have already won it. You would have to ask Niko for the quotes but i don't like teams that go on like that, so i wanted Croatia to win.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Trina » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:31 pm

Inchpractice wrote:Can't believe that just happened.
What happened to the Dutch?

The one positive is that RVP survived the tournament without getting injured. :cloud9:

There's always pre-season I suppose.... :disgust:

He has to get back here yet :P

But, I am very happy with how he has performed. Although I guess that's never really been an issue! Fingers crossed next season will be his season.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby niko197 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:32 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
Reverend Gooner wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
Reverend Gooner wrote:Please gods of football, we saw the lucky, disrespectful Turks get through last night, .

That's a bit harsh mate :snooty:

After what Niko said about the Turkish team talking about who they want out of Germany and Portugal without mentioning Croatia as a threat or giving them any respect then i considered Turkey disrespectful and want them to lose.

Also Russia have been outstanding today and deserve to win, although i hope Holland come back.

Well I love Turkey and the Turkish people, so we'll agree to disagree eh? :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:

Meanwhile....BALLS! 2-1 :BangHead:

I have nothing against Turkey or their people, just the attitude of their players/staff for disrespecting Croatia like that ;)

yeah, i can only say BIG respect for Rustu Recber, because before he even started to celebrate, he came to our players and hug and congratulate to every single player! BIG respect for that! :clap:

i've already mentioned that holland will have problems with well organised teams, and that was true. russia is playing lovely football so there is no need for sadness.
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby niko197 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:38 pm

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
singy21 wrote:
arseman wrote:

Nihat Kahveci: " croatia? they will have no chance, we are better than them in every single way, they can't hurt us, we are in the semis"

Fatih Terim: " we don't have the reason to be afraid of croatia, we are already looking for the semi finals"

and more but i'm not in the mood for that anymore...
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:39 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:
singy21 wrote:
arseman wrote:

Niko said this before the Turkey vs Croatia game

you should see their coments in the papers, they are talking about germany and portugal, they don't have any worryes about us, they players are soooooooo cocky

That reminds me of what Man Utd did before the Champions league final, talking like they have already won it. You would have to ask Niko for the quotes but i don't like teams that go on like that, so i wanted Croatia to win.

Just sounds like positive, confident talk to me.

OK, they might have mentioned their opponents, but what team doesn't look ahead to the next round in a major tournament?
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:43 pm

niko197 wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
singy21 wrote:
arseman wrote:

Nihat Kahveci: " croatia? they will have no chance, we are better than them in every single way, they can't hurt us, we are in the semis"

Fatih Terim: " we don't have the reason to be afraid of croatia, we are already looking for the semi finals"

and more but i'm not in the mood for that anymore...

OK, I'll admit, that is a bit cocky :dizzy:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Euro 2008