Euro 2008 snapshot predictions and preferences

Talk about the Euro 08 Championships here.

Re: Euro 2008 snapshot predictions and preferences

Postby niko197 » Thu May 29, 2008 5:55 pm

i must correct myself, the biggest underachiever is going to be france, netherland or italy, they're in the same group, so one of them is going to be loser for sure!

Reverend Gooner wrote:35 year old Jan Koller as top goalscorer, plus it means them going far without Rosicky, A bold move. I like the Czechs but they have the worst luck in tournaments, how comes you fancy them over others?

i was surprised too, i like czechs, they're always playing beautifull football but they are without rosicky and nedved, koller is old and not good as he was before (his team is relegated in bundesliga) and milan baros is not even a shadow of the player he used to be. since january he didn't scored even one goal for pompey. i was always put my money on czechs but i won't do that this year.
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby singaporegooner » Fri May 30, 2008 2:52 am

Reverend Gooner wrote:
singaporegooner wrote:Who do you want to win: Netherlands

Who do you think will win: Croatia

Top goalscorer: Jan Koller(Czech Rep)

Dark horse: Croatia(not exactly dark horse since they kicked out England)

Biggest underachiever: Spain(they always choke on the big stage)

Who will play best football: Czech Republic

Who will play worst football: France

35 year old Jan Koller as top goalscorer, plus it means them going far without Rosicky, A bold move. I like the Czechs but they have the worst luck in tournaments, how comes you fancy them over others?

I have always said that if golden goal was not in play in Euro 96 then the Czechs would have come back. They had a harsh group in Euro 2000 and were robbed by dodgy decisions, seriously unlucky to lose to Greece in Euro 2004 and mystically flopped from a good start in the last world cup. They deserve some good luck that is for sure.

Well...to answer ya first question...i have a gut feel that Koller will turn back the clock with some super performances and go out with a bang(at 35, i don't envisage him playing any further with the national team after the Euros). He'll be pivotal to how far they progress.

As for the Czechs...well...i like them alot...who can forget Poborsky's goal against the Portuguese...sublime lob over the keeper with defenders hounding him(though he became pretty useless after joining manure)
I'll stick my neck out for them in any tournament... :Peace:
In Arsene We Trust!!
Predicitions League 08/09 Winner
singaporegooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby mikey_gooner » Sat May 31, 2008 7:04 am

Who do you want to win:Holland

Who do you think will win:Holland

Top goalscorer:Torres

Dark horse:Russia