France

Talk about the Euro 08 Championships here.

France

Postby SE13 » Sun May 25, 2008 11:52 am

Players

Goalkeepers

Grégory Coupet
Sébastien Frey
Mickaël Landreau
Steve Mandanda

Defenders

Eric Abidal
Jean-Alain Boumsong
François Clerc
Julien Escudé
Patrice Evra
William Gallas
Philippe Mexès
Willy Sagnol
Sébastien Squillaci
Lilian Thuram

Midfielders

Hatem Ben Arfa
Alou Diarra
Lassana Diarra
Mathieu Flamini
Claude Makelele
Florent Malouda
Samir Nasri
Franck Ribéry
Jérémy Toulalan
Patrick Vieira

Forwards

Bafetimbi Gomis
Nicolas Anelka
Karim Benzema
Djibril Cissé
Sidney Govou
Thierry Henry

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Re: France

Postby gzagee » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:35 pm

I hear Vieira's back in the squad after injury. Does that mean Flamoney's back on standby? :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

06/06/2008 16:38
Makelele Calm Over Vieira Injury
Patrick Vieira's thigh injury is getting better by the day, according to his France international team-mate Claude Makelele.

For the better part of a week, the French public have been sweating on the fitness of Vieira, but Makelele insists that the persistent reports that the ex Arsenal man will miss the whole tournament are unfounded.

"He trained yesterday because he's feeling better and better," Makelele declard.

"Now he has to minimise the risks he takes and make a decision. He has three days in which to do so."

While Vieira is all but certainly out of their opener against Romania tomorrow, France coach Raymond Domenech now has just about 72 hours left to decide whether to replace the Inter midfielder in the squad ahead of the Uefa deadline.

When pressed on whether Vieira's exit would have a detrimental effect on the atmosphere in the French camp, Makelele insisted that it would be on the pitch where the big man's absence would be most keenly felt.

"It wouldn't change anything (in the camp), it's on the pitch where there would be a difference," he added.

"But nothing is done. Patrick hasn't gone just yet."

Derek Wanner, Goal.com
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:54 pm

gzagee wrote:I hear Vieira's back in the squad after injury. Does that mean Flamoney's back on standby? :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

He he, I think Vieira will recover and that means that both Flamini and Diarra will be on the bench I expect. :wink:

Looking forward to seeing Nasri play though...
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby gzagee » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:19 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
gzagee wrote:I hear Vieira's back in the squad after injury. Does that mean Flamoney's back on standby? :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

He he, I think Vieira will recover and that means that both Flamini and Diarra will be on the bench I expect. :wink:

Looking forward to seeing Nasri play though...

So Flemini's part of the squad? I thought he was omitted originally and then brought in as cover for Vieira? Shit drat and dbl drat!!!! :angry:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby gzagee » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:12 am

Euro 2008: Mathieu Flamini dumped out of French squad
Martin Lipton 9/06/2008

Sport picturesArsenal turncoat Mathieu Flamini will be dumped from Euro 2008 for the second time in a week today as French coach Raymond Domenech puts his faith in injury plagued Patrick Vieira.

Flamini, who walked out on Arsene Wenger to sign for AC Milan, was omitted from Domenech's initial 23 but looked set for a reprieve when Vieira injured his thigh in training.

Although the former Gunners captain is out of tonight's Group C clash with Romania in Zurich, Domenech will retain him and Flamini will go home.

Daily Mirror

LMFAO :cheers2: :rofll: :rofll: :bounce: :bouncy: :blobpurple: :banana: :rofll: :penguin2:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:22 am

:rofll: Ha ha like I said, remember the 'Arsenal Curse'.

Look's like it's taken hold already!! That was quick! :shock: :biggrin:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Return to UEFA Euro 2008