Group A Chat Thread

Talk about the Euro 08 Championships here.

Re: Group A Chat Thread

Postby niko197 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:21 pm

gzagee wrote:I had to go out just after the kick-off and returned just before the end. F&%@ing, Sh%$ing, P@$$ed, I can tell you!!
But I did catch a glimpse of that Joao Moutinho setting up the 2nd goal. I've never actually seen him play and, I know some of you guys have talked him up in the past. So how'd he play? Is he worth a punt?


one of the best players today, he covers whole field, and he set up that second goal well. quality!
User avatar
niko197
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4782
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:58 pm
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: Group A Chat Thread

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:47 pm

I swear I thought Simao scored at one point and I had the babys pram paid for...bastard lol
Reinvestment before Renewal.
User avatar
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter
 
Posts: 9590
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:04 pm
Location: London

Re: Group A Chat Thread

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:25 am

Watched bits of the Czech v Switzerland, im sure Senderos is their best player, he didnt have a bad game.

Portugal v Turkey wasnt a bad game, great goal from Pepe especially considering he's a defender, guess it also made up for the earlier goal he had disallowed, i want to see portugal out of it though but couldnt bring myself to back Turkey, hehe at least the nancy boy didnt score! & just how many times did he go to ground?? oops sorry he dont dive he gets clipped (*quoting previous QOTW) :hehe:

Did anyone notice the Ricardo's kit? It looked IDENTICAL to the one posted which Almunia will be wearing next season.
Image
User avatar
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team
 
Posts: 14462
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:26 pm
Location: Swansea

Re: Group A Chat Thread

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:32 am

senderos didnt have a great game, sgw imo

his distribution was lacklustre if im being kind

and for the goal, it was bad defending as a unit, and he was as much to blame as the others

fernandes looks there best player i would say
Image
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007
 
Posts: 10070
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:17 pm

Re: Group A Chat Thread

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:36 am

niko197 wrote:
gzagee wrote:I had to go out just after the kick-off and returned just before the end. F&%@ing, Sh%$ing, P@$$ed, I can tell you!!
But I did catch a glimpse of that Joao Moutinho setting up the 2nd goal. I've never actually seen him play and, I know some of you guys have talked him up in the past. So how'd he play? Is he worth a punt?


one of the best players today, he covers whole field, and he set up that second goal well. quality!

got to say he did look good, although it would be hard not to because he got a lot of time on the ball and could make a few unmarked (yet really good movement) runs, because turks were doubling up on ronnie and simao

i still dont think he would cut it in the prem, and surely we dont need him if we have cesc, i would rather a big beast alongside cesc than moutinho
Image
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007
 
Posts: 10070
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:17 pm

Re: Group A Chat Thread

Postby SuperDumbassman » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:37 am

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:Did anyone notice the Ricardo's kit? It looked IDENTICAL to the one posted which Almunia will be wearing next season.


I watched Australia vs Iraq last night instead of the Czech game, Mark Schwarzer also had the exact same style kit, just blue instead of black.
Image
User avatar
SuperDumbassman
Ian Wright
Ian Wright
 
Posts: 998
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:04 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Group A Chat Thread

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:40 am

SuperDumbassman wrote:
She_Gunner_Wales wrote:Did anyone notice the Ricardo's kit? It looked IDENTICAL to the one posted which Almunia will be wearing next season.


I watched Australia vs Iraq last night instead of the Czech game, Mark Schwarzer also had the exact same style kit, just blue instead of black.

i dont like it how nike just do that make lots the same style

like villas last season was identical to ours apart from the colours
Image
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007
 
Posts: 10070
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:17 pm

Re: Group A Chat Thread

Postby niko197 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:40 am

absolutely_fabregas wrote:senderos didnt have a great game, sgw imo

his distribution was lacklustre if im being kind

and for the goal, it was bad defending as a unit, and he was as much to blame as the others

fernandes looks there best player i would say


i agree, czechs wasn't even dangerous, they had only two shots on goal, they had one chance and they scored! don't have to mention that was defence fault, so it was also senderos fault!
User avatar
niko197
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4782
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:58 pm
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: Group A Chat Thread

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:37 pm

Every bloody time Sky Sports news mention the Portugal game they say "2 nil victory inspired by Cristiano Ronaldo" I'm sorry just what inspiration did he provide?
User avatar
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace
 
Posts: 18570
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:12 pm

Re: Group A Chat Thread

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:02 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:Every bloody time Sky Sports news mention the Portugal game they say "2 nil victory inspired by Cristiano Ronaldo" I'm sorry just what inspiration did he provide?


Helped set up the 2nd goal is about it I think. He was posted missing for most of it IMO.

The crap tournament hope is still on :pray:
Reinvestment before Renewal.
User avatar
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter
 
Posts: 9590
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:04 pm
Location: London

Re: Group A Chat Thread

Postby SE13 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:32 am

Tonight:

Czech Republic Vs Portugal

Switzerland Vs Turkey
Image

Image

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
User avatar
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace
 
Posts: 38139
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Lincoln

Re: Group A Chat Thread

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:44 pm

I'm off to start praying that the poof has his career ruined tonight. Don't care who by, anyone will do.
Reinvestment before Renewal.
User avatar
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter
 
Posts: 9590
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:04 pm
Location: London

Re: Group A Chat Thread

Postby gzagee » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:01 pm

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:I'm off to start praying that the poof has his career ruined tonight. Don't care who by, anyone will do.


Oooouch!!!!!
Image
User avatar
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008
 
Posts: 20802
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:46 am
Location: Somewhere between Nadir and Nirvana

Re: Group A Chat Thread

Postby rachel83 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:28 pm

Just had a Portugal fan call me and ask how to follow the game online since we're at work.
He kept saying, "Why do you hate R*****o?!"
*sigh*
Image
User avatar
rachel83
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5881
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:31 pm
Location: Hartford, Connecticut

Re: Group A Chat Thread

Postby Reverend Gooner » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:17 pm

The Czechs deserved that!
User avatar
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 14123
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:23 pm
Location: London

PreviousNext

Return to Euro 2008

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest