European Championships 2008

Talk about the Euro 08 Championships here.

Re: European Championships 2008

Postby niko197 » Mon May 26, 2008 12:16 pm

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:I want Croatia to win but I think Spain will. So I put £20 on Croatia to win at 14's and also put £50 on Torres/Spain to win at 18's.

Hope it's exciting though, the last world cup everyone shit themselves after the group stages and were scared to attack. Ghana were the dogs bits tho!

finaly cro fan!!! it would be lot harder to win without eduardo, but we are still strong!!
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Leody » Mon May 26, 2008 12:22 pm

ITALY!!!

(I'm a 3rd generation Italian American)
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Mon May 26, 2008 5:03 pm

niko197 wrote:
Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:I want Croatia to win but I think Spain will. So I put £20 on Croatia to win at 14's and also put £50 on Torres/Spain to win at 18's.

Hope it's exciting though, the last world cup everyone shit themselves after the group stages and were scared to attack. Ghana were the dogs bits tho!

finaly cro fan!!! it would be lot harder to win without eduardo, but we are still strong!!

Yeah man! I hope Croatia win, I really do but I think Spain proabably will. Love Croatia man, beautiful country and the women are a bit of class :sneaky2: My Croatian team are Hadjuk Split...might start a riot lol
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby niko197 » Mon May 26, 2008 6:17 pm

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:
niko197 wrote:

Yeah man! I hope Croatia win, I really do but I think Spain proabably will. Love Croatia man, beautiful country and the women are a bit of class :sneaky2: My Croatian team are Hadjuk Split...might start a riot lol

you have visited croatia!? yeah, girls are pretty, but c'mon man, hajduk!? they are bigger shit than yids!!

spain always have amazing team, but they never do anything! and aragones is not good coach. favourits as always, france and italy.
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Mon May 26, 2008 6:40 pm

niko197 wrote:
Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:
niko197 wrote:

you have visited croatia!? yeah, girls are pretty, but c'mon man, hajduk!? they are bigger shit than yids!!

spain always have amazing team, but they never do anything! and aragones is not good coach. favourits as always, france and italy.

I love the mighty Hajduk!! I only like em cos when I was i Croatia I met these lads who were fans and I had my Arsenal shirt on and we ended up swapping shirts. Then the lads took me to a match, I'd love to remember who it was against but I was plastered. I love Croatia, that beer was heavy, started with an O can't remember the name of that either :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby niko197 » Mon May 26, 2008 8:33 pm

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:
niko197 wrote:
Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:
niko197 wrote:

I love the mighty Hajduk!! I only like em cos when I was i Croatia I met these lads who were fans and I had my Arsenal shirt on and we ended up swapping shirts. Then the lads took me to a match, I'd love to remember who it was against but I was plastered. I love Croatia, that beer was heavy, started with an O can't remember the name of that either :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:

yeah, we're friendly (people thinks that we are savages, but they don't know us) and we like to get drunk with fans (i was drinking with, swedish, english, russian, german, scotish....fans, and that was always nice!)
and the beer with o is probably ozujsko! is this one?

niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Mon May 26, 2008 9:31 pm

niko197 wrote:
Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:
niko197 wrote:
Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:
niko197 wrote:

yeah, we're friendly (people thinks that we are savages, but they don't know us) and we like to get drunk with fans (i was drinking with, swedish, english, russian, german, scotish....fans, and that was always nice!)

Thats the stuff mate! I love your county, I'd tell everyone to go but I wanna keep it to myself lol. Seriously tho I love it, proper nice people there.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby niko197 » Mon May 26, 2008 9:57 pm

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:
niko197 wrote:
Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:
niko197 wrote:
Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:
niko197 wrote:

Thats the stuff mate! I love your county, I'd tell everyone to go but I wanna keep it to myself lol. Seriously tho I love it, proper nice people there.

thanks mate, next time when you come let me know, i'm gonna show you that dinamo's fans are better hosts!
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Mon May 26, 2008 10:49 pm

niko197 wrote:
Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:
niko197 wrote:
Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:
niko197 wrote:
Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:
niko197 wrote:

thanks mate, next time when you come let me know, i'm gonna show you that dinamo's fans are better hosts!

Nice one bruv! As long as that beers kickin around I'm anyones!
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby ozgooner » Tue May 27, 2008 12:06 am

here is how this tournament will unfold , you can put your house on these ... maybe :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

AUSTRIA - out in group stage
CROATIA - quater finals
CZECH REPUBLIC - quater finals
FRANCE - winners
GERMANY - semis
GREECE - quater finals
NETHERLANDS - in group of death , out in group stage
ITALY - runners up (bullshit their way to final only to lose narrowly)
POLAND - out in group stage
PORTUGAL - semis
ROMANIA - out in group stage
RUSSIA - out in group stage
SPAIN - quater finals
SWEDEN - out in group stage
SWITZERLAND - out in group stage (made less painful by very short bus ride home) :rolleyes:
TURKEY - out in group stage

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Tue May 27, 2008 1:21 pm

Leody wrote:Image

ITALY!!!

Hey me too. Even though, I'm a pretty watered down version. My great great grandfather I believe it was moved over here and married an Irish woman, which then was a big no no. So in order to hide his identity, he shortened his italian last name in order to look more English. So my last name is Vinton, when it should've had something on the end of it.

I'm not really rooting for Italy though.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby niko197 » Tue May 27, 2008 1:31 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Leody wrote:Image

ITALY!!!

Hey me too. Even though, I'm a pretty watered down version. My great great grandfather I believe it was moved over here and married an Irish woman, which then was a big no no. So in order to hide his identity, he shortened his italian last name in order to look more English. So my last name is Vinton, when it should've had something on the end of it.

I'm not really rooting for Italy though.

Luca Toni and Chris Vintoni!
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Leody » Tue May 27, 2008 1:47 pm

My grandfather was born in Brooklyn NY as, Peppino Raffaele DeMartino. I knew him as Joseph Ralph Peroli. Not sure how the last name got changed, never even knew it was changed till after my grandfather died and we saw his birth certificate. But anyway I'm about 80% Italian. My father is 100% and my mother has is about 60%ish or something. Don't speak much Italian though because the only time I was ever exposed to that was when we would go to the club downtown.

As for the national team... I don't really care all that much, but they're who I am supporting since they are the only nation that I have any connection to at all. I just hope to see some quality matches.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Gunflash » Tue May 27, 2008 9:25 pm

Even though I was elated with their qualifying flop, I am going to miss England at Euro 2008. Part of the fun of an international tournament is the excessive hype about the Three Lions beforehand, followed by England scraping through to the quarter-finals before losing on penalties to Portugal, followed by a big mad inquest on 5 Live, Talksport, Football Focus and in all the papers.

I think Germany have an excellent chance of winning the tournament but I wouldn't be surprised if Italy pulled off a World/European double.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Italian Camp Invaded

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed May 28, 2008 12:32 pm

Italian Camp Invaded

http://www.gazzetta.it/gallery/Calcio/v ... tease/01&1

Horrific pictures! :P
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext