Arsenal Vs Everton | Premiership 04/05/08

Re: Arsenal Vs Everton | Premiership 04/05/08

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Sun May 04, 2008 10:20 pm

Fordy wrote:
Inchpractice wrote: I just hope we replace him with a world class keeper.

Thats the key line for me i just don't see Almunia has a first choice keeper i know some of you will point to him having a solid season but you don't know how a better keeper might have changed things.

pepe reina has costed liverpool a few points this season, in BIG matches as well

i would say that he isnt necessarily better than almunia

cech is a standout though,

id say hart is best out of english, get him in your national team now!
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Fordy » Sun May 04, 2008 10:26 pm

absolutely_fabregas wrote:
Fordy wrote:
Inchpractice wrote: I just hope we replace him with a world class keeper.

Thats the key line for me i just don't see Almunia has a first choice keeper i know some of you will point to him having a solid season but you don't know how a better keeper might have changed things.

pepe reina has costed liverpool a few points this season, in BIG matches as well

i would say that he isnt necessarily better than almunia

cech is a standout though,

id say hart is best out of english, get him in your national team now!

i agree
Fordy

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sun May 04, 2008 11:39 pm

I wont have anyone Manuel bashing :naughty:

He's done nothing major wrong this season. He's a top class keeper :sundae:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Sun May 04, 2008 11:43 pm

whose bashing him?
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sun May 04, 2008 11:52 pm

absolutely_fabregas wrote:whose bashing him?

OK, the "he's not as good as *your name here*" talk then :snooty: :sundae:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fordy » Mon May 05, 2008 12:23 am

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
absolutely_fabregas wrote:whose bashing him?

OK, the "he's not as good as *your name here*" talk then :snooty: :sundae:

Im not bashing him he is a good keeper who has not done anything wrong who could maybe do a job for the next 4 years.

I just dont feel he is the best Arsenal can get even on a limited transfer budget i fell Arsenal could get a better keeper.

There is a big difference between not making a mistake and saving the shot that can not be saved.

It also comes down to been in charge of the box, telling center backs what to do i just don't feel he has control of the box.

To sum it up has he made a mistake? No.
Is he good? Yes.
But could arsenal do better? Yes.
Lehman hit the nail on the head when he said how could he lose his place to a keeper that did not get first team football till he was 30+ years old ,how good can he be if he had to wait that long.
Fordy

Postby arseman » Mon May 05, 2008 6:12 am

I'm suprised no one else has noticed...we're unbeaten this season at home in ALL competitions.

Quite a feat. :clap:
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby SE13 » Tue May 06, 2008 5:20 pm

Arsene Wenger, via E-Mail wrote:Dear Supporter,

You could see that Sunday's game against Everton was an end of season match, especially because Everton did not open up at all. They played with Andy Johnson up front but we were sound at the back.

We didn't create as many chances as usual and our fluency was a bit difficult sometimes but we scored a great goal and, in the end, I think we just about deserved the win. Everton didn't create a lot.

Nicklas Bendtner scored our winning goal and I think he was fantastic. If you look at Bendtner on August 1 last year and Bendtner on May 1 this year there is a massive difference.

He has become a good player, just look at the chances he has created in the time he plays, and the times he has scored, especially the goal he scored against Everton. You need to understand the game to appreciate him because he's on the move, he meets the ball, he finishes well. I'm impressed by him.

Cesc Fabregas did not play because he came in on Saturday morning with an injury. He had a scan and he will be out for three weeks. That means he won't play for us again this season but he will be ready for Spain at Euro 2008.

Of course, Sunday was a farewell for Jens Lehmann. I brought him on as a substitute because I wanted him to say goodbye to the fans. I wanted to show him that we respect him for what he has done for us. He is a 100 per cent professional, not always an easy character but you take that if the guy is committed every day.

Gilberto also played against Everton and I would like him to stay, but I have to sit down with him to see what he wants to do.

Gilberto is like Jens Lehmann, you can rely on them, they are fantastic professionals. Gilberto is a fantastic guy. We won trophies with Gilberto and Jens because they are special human beings. You do not win with average people.

Thanks for your support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08