Arsenal Vs Reading | Premiership 19/04/08

Re: Arsenal Vs Reading | Premiership 19/04/08

Postby ozgooner » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:45 pm

we had the vast majority of possesion , we had around a dozen corners , hit bar twice and still only got 2 past em . frustrating , but i can live with that dominant performance

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SE13 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:48 pm

Best player on the pitch for me was Theo. I know the cameras don't show everything, so it'll be interesting to hear the thoughts of others who went today.

Cesc was magnificent as well.

This game should have been a cricket score in the end. So many chances, so many near misses, two off the bar, one rule out for offside, and all in a game we dominated from start to finish. In the end, I think Reading had one shot on goal.

Just heard that interview with Cesc, and he stated: "My future I hope is with Arsenal"...... What was that supposed to mean?

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:52 pm

SE13 wrote:Just heard that interview with Cesc, and he stated: "My future I hope is with Arsenal"...... What was that supposed to mean?

I think he's just being modest. He means 'unless I get sacked'.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby InTheNorthBank » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:53 pm

SE13 wrote:Best player on the pitch for me was Theo. I know the cameras don't show everything, so it'll be interesting to hear the thoughts of others who went today.

Cesc was magnificent as well.

This game should have been a cricket score in the end. So many chances, so many near misses, two off the bar, one rule out for offside, and all in a game we dominated from start to finish. In the end, I think Reading had one shot on goal.

Just heard that interview with Cesc, and he stated: "My future I hope is with Arsenal"...... What was that supposed to mean?

really? i agree he played well but i thought theo showed some glimpses of his old self today, was a little dissapointed to be honest. a lot of head down, no vision stuff. but with any sense, hell play 90mins againt derby, everton and sunderland and produce some end product.

i think cesc wants to stay with his heart, but his head is probably saying the opposite. with flamini stalling on his new contract and yet another trophyless season with a team which has far too little experience, the temptations of barca or real and the like may prove too much. i think if flamini signs though, cesc will stay and that could prove crucial for next season. losing flamini would be potentially catostrophic!
"I am going to make this the greatest club in the world." - Herbert Chapman
InTheNorthBank
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby arseman » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:55 pm

I thought Van Persie did well too, heavily involved in most of our attacking play, and quite unlucky not to score.
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby InTheNorthBank » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:57 pm

arseman wrote:I thought Van Persie did well too, heavily involved in most of our attacking play, and quite unlucky not to score.

agreed. was nice to see van persie back at the heart of things. really have missed those left footed dead (Well not so dead after cesc's little touches!) balls
InTheNorthBank
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby arseman » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:02 pm

Next game against Derby, if we don't win that at least 5-0, something is seriously wrong :snooty:
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby rvtheace » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:35 pm

I enjoyed the first half, but ended up without cable for the second. :(

haha, what I liked about Gilberto's goal was that he was thinking about what to do when the crowd shouted "Shooot!" and he obliged them. Lol.
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:16 pm

I just saw the highlights and it looked like we pounded Reading. We rattled the crossbar a few times and seemed like we should have had 4 or 5 today.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:59 pm

goonerdane wrote:
arseman wrote:I thought Van Persie did well too, heavily involved in most of our attacking play, and quite unlucky not to score.

agreed. was nice to see van persie back at the heart of things. really have missed those left footed dead (Well not so dead after cesc's little touches!) balls

He did look to have found some match sharpness but im not sure whether it was him being foulded alot or what, but he did seem to be going down easily today, and everytime he went down i was like NOOOOOOOO! im paranoid he'll get injured again! however he was soooo unlucky not to score especailly on the freekick!

Should have won by a far greater margin today, still 3pts in the bag, and utd drew, not that we got a chance but it means the mancs will up the tempo against chelski at the bridge the weekend, cant see past them for the title, but im still hoping we'll nick 2nd spot.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby InTheNorthBank » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:08 pm

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:
goonerdane wrote:

He did look to have found some match sharpness but im not sure whether it was him being foulded alot or what, but he did seem to be going down easily today, and everytime he went down i was like NOOOOOOOO! im paranoid he'll get injured again! however he was soooo unlucky not to score especailly on the freekick!

Should have won by a far greater margin today, still 3pts in the bag, and utd drew, not that we got a chance but it means the mancs will up the tempo against chelski at the bridge the weekend, cant see past them for the title, but im still hoping we'll nick 2nd spot.

i think bikey was doing his best to wind him up. roughed him up a few times. i know what you mean though, i have the same feeling every time he falls on the floor!
InTheNorthBank
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Cheese » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:34 am

That was a weird game, on one hand we played as if we had just strated pre-season and on the other hand we played some really good football which could have lead to 6/7 goals.

I can't believe that for the second game in a row i'm saying Song and Gilberto had great games. Why couldn't they do this a few months ago? I can see Song becoming our third choice centre back ahead of Senderos, however i still think Gilberto is on his way out. (i only seeing him staying if Flamini leaves).

Theo worked as hard as ever, im really hoping that the 2008/09 season will be the "Theo Walcott season" :biggrin:
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Cesc reminds us that he's going nowhere in the summer

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:46 am

SE13 wrote:Just heard that interview with Cesc, and he stated: "My future I hope is with Arsenal"...... What was that supposed to mean?

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?this ... to+Arsenal
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby singaporegooner » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:14 pm

Someone should call up the FA and ban Bikey for kicking RvP so many times...
frankly i thought RvP might throw a punch or two in his direction...
but it shows his maturity from being a hot-headed young player to now...
:clap:
In Arsene We Trust!!
Predicitions League 08/09 Winner
singaporegooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby SE13 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:16 pm

Inchpractice wrote:

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?this ... to+Arsenal

That short piece of reading was most easy on the eye! :biggrin:

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08