Postby SE13 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:50 am

Barclays Premiership

ARSENAL Vs Reading

ImageImage

Saturday 19th April 2008

12:45pm

Live on Skysports 1

Ashburton Grove

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Re: Arsenal Vs Reading | Premiership 19/04/08

Postby SE13 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:58 pm

Well, The Premiership has gone now. Can we expect to see some changes, or will Wenger keep trying to get those players motivated?

Not quite sure myself, but one thing for sure, is that Liverpool are only five points behind, so we really need to be looking at three points here to kickstart the final curtain. Given that Chel$ki and ManUre still have to face each other, there is still a chance of 2nd place....... However any slips, and we will be looking at fourth again....

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:14 pm

I just want this season to end. :cry:

We need a couple of wins just to make sure we keep third, and we should get one of them against Reading.....hopefully.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby arseman » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:33 am

The season is over - let's just win our remaining games (none of which are too difficult) and go out on a high. We'd have 80+ points as well, not a bad tally.
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby rvtheace » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:45 am

Can't believe that all we're fighting for is an Automatic Champions League qualification spot. Chelsea are not going to conceded it too easily, hopefully they'll focus on winning the Champions League and gift us second place.
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:38 am

Walcott to start the remaining games.

Eboue to be sealed in concrete and dumped in the North Sea.
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Trina » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:49 am

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:Walcott to start the remaining games.

Eboue to be sealed in concrete and dumped in the North Sea.

haha :D

I agree with Fab, i can't wait for this season to finish.

The worst thing is, I see a draw coming from this game :?
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:59 am

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:Eboue to be sealed in concrete and dumped in the North Sea.

that wil need to be pretty thick concrete, as shit floats :smartass:
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby InTheNorthBank » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:13 pm

After Chel$ki'$ slip up the other night, we have a real chance of finishing 2nd. Should they fail to beat everton tommorow night and Utd. put the final nail in their coffin the weekend after, we should make it ours. Might not sound much after the start to our season, but given that this was our season to "finish outside the top 4", I would have taken 2nd place, carling cup semi, (i wont mention the FA cup) and a champs league quarter final.

Waclott surely has to have 4 run outs. reading at home and derby away should prove perfect fixtures for him to prove his worth. Would like to see Alex Song get a few games as well after his fantastic performances at the African Nations. I'm guessing Bendtner will gain himself a few extra minutes but I won't hold my breath for any magestic performances!
"I am going to make this the greatest club in the world." - Herbert Chapman
InTheNorthBank
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Younggooner08 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:45 pm

rvtheace wrote:Can't believe that all we're fighting for is an Automatic Champions League qualification spot. Chelsea are not going to conceded it too easily, hopefully they'll focus on winning the Champions League and gift us second place.

If Chelsea was to win the Champions League and we finish second would we still be automatically in the champions league? :dizzy:

I really do hope we win this game, i know its almost immpossible but if we could still win the title that would be amazing :scream: Theo for a hatrick
Imagee
Younggooner08
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby arseman » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:53 pm

Younggooner08 wrote:If Chelsea was to win the Champions League and we finish second would we still be automatically in the champions league? :dizzy:

Yes, England would then have three teams in the CL, I think there's only confusion if the winners finish outside the top four.
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Windass10 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:50 am

We need a win and I cant wait for this game for abit of pride and hope walcott starts.
Windass10
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby ozgooner » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:16 am

i think we should start by firing the ball into our own goal (we can't hold onto a lead) and then we can smash 6 past reading :wink:

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby rachel83 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:31 am

ozgooner wrote:i think we should start by firing the ball into our own goal (we can't hold onto a lead) and then we can smash 6 past reading :wink:

Sounds good. I'm sure Hahnemann wouldn't mind. He's kind of a f**king nutcase anyway (yeah, I know, those Amercans :Peace: )

Once again, I don't know what to think about this match :dizzy:

It's at home, so I don't have to worry about the pre-game, 'OH NO! RYAN'S THERE!!! :shock: :mad: :shock: :mad: " that I get before away matches. It also happens to be on the only Saturday that I have plans on so I won't be able to watch it (blame MLS). This will be only the third game this season that I'll either not be able to watch or listen to on ATVO, the other ones were 1) because I was in the hospital and 2) I was in DC for MLS Cup (I do believe there was a game that weekend).

Anyway, I'll be with a couple of other Gooners this Saturday, so C'MON YOU GUNNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rachel83
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:01 am

ozgooner wrote:i think we should start by firing the ball into our own goal (we can't hold onto a lead) and then we can smash 6 past reading :wink:

Reverse psychology, like it.

Let's get the painful bit where we concede a goal out of the way first, then we've got 90 minutes to sit back enjoy the match and get our 'revenge'.

After what we've been through 2nd place is actually starting to look quite respectable now so I think we should go for it.
Initially I thought let's just play the CC team and give them experience as we've nothing to lose but I've changed my mind. I want to finish above the Chelscum so we can't bring on the kids until we're 3-0 up now. :snooty:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Next

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08