Man Utd Vs Arsenal | Premiership 13/04/08

Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal | Premiership 13/04/08

Postby arseman » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:10 pm

Such rotten luck too, United could so easily have scored two own goals, y'know if they had been at the other end, they would have surely gone in. :cry:
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby arseman » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:12 pm

I don't want any ref-bashing either, tuesday was understandable, but today we were architects of our own downfall.
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:12 pm

played man utd, off the park.

we created a lot of chances, there is not too much wrong with us on todays performance no matter what you say

they scored from a pen and a free kick, it wasnt our day on front of goal, and hasnt been for a while, yes our squad has looked thin recently, but i dont think it needs too many additions, maybe 2 or 3, another CB and striker, with vela for the wing

on antother day, we would be saying what a perfomance, best in years, if ade had slotted those chances in

its a fine line betwee success and failure
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby RosickyRox!! » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:12 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:
nicknasty wrote:whats that saying,,,, next year

Its always "next year" with us lately.

but we hav improved tremendously from the past seasons even thou when we do mess up we get screwed big time need to wok on tht so maybe it is next year.
RosickyRox!!
Michael Thomas

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:13 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
arseman wrote:You know, I think this was the best we've played since Milan, apart from the finishing.

On balance, we were by far the better team. They couldn't score from open play because they hardly created any chances. We dominated possession and created loads of chances but couldn't finish them - typical Arsenal really.
It seems to be a very familiar story that we have 100 shots on goal and the opposition have 3 and yet the end result is 2-1.

This is why we bought Eduardo.

I just said this exact same thing to GES in msn. ;)

Im soo pissed off right now, i didnt expect us to win but we played well & i think we did deserve something from it, that was a cheeky free kick for their winning goal, Jens was watching ronaldo & didnt expect hargreaves to take it...neither did i expect that.

IM sooo gutted, we threw away the lead, but its Gallas the one im pissed off with more for conceeding the penalty.
Hero at the Emirates in the 2-2 draw earlier this season, Villian at Old Traff.
And how Ade missed that sitter i will never know.

I miss Eduardo.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:14 pm

arseman wrote:Such rotten luck too, United could so easily have scored two own goals, y'know if they had been at the other end, they would have surely gone in. :cry:

Oh guaranteed.
There are always a lot of ifs and buts after games like this.
If Ade hadn't cut his hair...
If RVP had recovered from his injury 4 weeks earlier than he did....
If Diaby wasn't suspended..
If Flamini was playing...
If Denilson wasn't invisible...
If we weren't playing 4-5-1...
If Gallas hadn't unnecessarily handled the ball...
If Bendtner had headed the ball across goal instead...
If Gilberto had actually stopped fouling players...
If Eduardo wasn't injured..

You could go on for ever....

*Trudges off to the MOTM thread....*
Last edited by Inchpräctice on Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:15 pm

RosickyRox!! wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:
nicknasty wrote:whats that saying,,,, next year

Its always "next year" with us lately.

but we hav improved tremendously from the past seasons even thou when we do mess up we get screwed big time need to wok on tht so maybe it is next year.

From 4th to 3rd isn't improving dramatically. If we don't add a lot of depth there will be no "next year" or the year after that. I'm sick of watching us play nice football, dominate games and get f**k all to show for it.
Gooners need to stop being happy to accept mediocrity just because we play well and its pleasing on the eye.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:19 pm

How many more times are we going to console ourselves with the thought that "it wasn't our day in front of goal"

We all know days like this happen, but not every bloody week.

It's a striker's job to put the ball in the net, and our strikers, seem unwilling or unable to do that single thing.

Nobody wants to say it, but something has got to be done about that, and I'm afraid it involves the chequebook, the summer, and the stensil machine putting some new names on shirts.

Simple as!! :shout:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:22 pm

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:How many more times are we going to console ourselves with the thought that "it wasn't our day in front of goal"

We all know days like this happen, but not every bloody week.

It's a striker's job to put the ball in the net, and our strikers, seem unwilling or unable to do that single thing.

Nobody wants to say it, but something has got to be done about that, and I'm afraid it involves the chequebook, the summer, and the stensil machine putting some new names on shirts.

Simple as!! :shout:

Well we're not afraid to say it but certain members of the Arsenal staff seem to be.
Eduardo was our finisher, our end-product man and if he's not going to be around for a year or so then we need a replacement whether it's a loan or a purchase. Fact.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:24 pm

We have been saying for months something needs to be done, I don't think ANYONE here is afraid to say it.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:28 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:We have been saying for months something needs to be done, I don't think ANYONE here is afraid to say it.

Yeah, everyone has been saying something needs to be done. I'm talking about cutting players loose, players that it might hurt to part with, but players that are passengers.

Not nice, but that's life. We need game winners, not pretty passers
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby emmagicaleboue » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:29 pm

i think this marks the end for Wengers 3rd generation which has never quite clicked. I can see a lot of change this summer despite what Wenger says to the press because i believe a few players will leave this mess in the summer. the 4th generation needs to be like the 2nd, more steel, power and physical presence. bring back the days of campbell, vieira, henry, pires, gilberto (playing well) all 6ft+
R.v.P for golden boot 07/08
emmagicaleboue
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:31 pm

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:We have been saying for months something needs to be done, I don't think ANYONE here is afraid to say it.

Yeah, everyone has been saying something needs to be done. I'm talking about cutting players loose, players that it might hurt to part with, but players that are passengers.

I agree but to me it's more about who we add rather than who leaves.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:32 pm

emmagicaleboue wrote:i think this marks the end for Wengers 3rd generation which has never quite clicked. I can see a lot of change this summer despite what Wenger says to the press because i believe a few players will leave this mess in the summer. the 4th generation needs to be like the 2nd, more steel, power and physical presence. bring back the days of campbell, vieira, henry, pires, gilberto (playing well) all 6ft+

That gets my vote :clap:

Nothing to be ashamed of from Wenger's point of view. You can't get it right every time. The "3rd generation" has played pretty football, but just hasn't worked, and is ineffective in the Prem.

Bring some big lads in and we'll maybe get some respect and fear back
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:32 pm

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:

Oh right well I agree. Changes do need to be made but I don't necessarily think we need to get rid of players, I think they need a kick up the arse and be in fear of losing their place.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08