Liverpool Vs Arsenal | Champions League 08/04/08

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal | Champions League 08/04/08

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:01 pm

One thing I do agree with.

Our defence is absolutely shambolic.

All we had to do was keep them out for 6 miniutes.

We lasted about 45 seconds

Appalling
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Trina » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:03 pm

sithlordwebb72 wrote:how can u say that?

we played some stunning football earlier in the season.

i agree lately we have been shockingly bad but i think we deserve something from the season.

and does anyone know how long flamini is out 4?

For the first half of the season yes I agree. But I don't think we deserve something for how we have played the second half of it.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:03 pm

sithlordwebb72 wrote:one positive. THEO lol
ill take back everything i said about him lol.
sorry theo, public apology to u.

It takes some balls to admit you were wrong so hats off to you for that.
Any other 'Theo is shit' merchants care to step forward and eat their words....?
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Fabrestuta » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:05 pm

sithlordwebb72 wrote:how can u say that?

we played some stunning football earlier in the season.

i agree lately we have been shockingly bad but i think we deserve something from the season.

and does anyone know how long flamini is out 4?

The season lasts longer than 3 months. We got murdered in 2 cup games (United and Spuds) we had Liverpool on the ropes in 2 games and couldn't put them away, and we have only won one league game since the middle of February, how do we deserve anything from this season?
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:07 pm

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:One thing I do agree with.

Our defence is absolutely shambolic.

All we had to do was keep them out for 6 miniutes.

We lasted about 45 seconds

Appalling

I agree it seems to be the pattern over the last 3 games that whenever we scored they would score 10 seconds later.
Pathetic really.

Can't blame Senderos for everything but I did wonder if there was a better way of lining up the back four.
Eboue at RB with Toure, Gallas and Clichy alongside.
Diaby in midfield with Cesc Flamini and Hleb - two strikers up front.
That's what I would've done anyway.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:13 pm

How shit is this? -

None of us will ever be able to watch that Theo run without :

a. Thinking of how we felt tonight

and

b. Having to watch the stinking cheating scouse twats score straight after

:( :shout:
Last edited by Good_Eye_Sniper on Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:14 pm

they should of just fouled him outside the box i mean justa push or a slide tackle
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby rodney » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:14 pm

Inchpractice wrote:It takes some balls to admit you were wrong so hats off to you for that.
Any other 'Theo is shit' merchants care to step forward and eat their words....?

What because he went on one bloody good run.

Seriously are you that deluded. If Eboue scores against United on Sunday does that suddenly make him a great player? No it f***ing doesn't. Because of that run Theo is not a world star. It meant f**k all as well.
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:18 pm

we've lead the league for the majority of the season, and been globally praised for our style

although our squad has been raveged with injuries and is now looking threadbare, although bar chelseas no other squad would be able to stand up to these injuries

the fa cup game, wenger knew we couldnt challenge on all 4 fronts so i think he sacrificed it, the carling cup wasnt our first team again this is wengers policy and other managers are following suite to an extent.

champs league, a penalty decision(1st leg) did have a massive influence on the outcome whatever way you look at it, although obviousy we should have taken our chances and then these decisions would havent been that major

thats another way you could look at this season :sunny:
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby emired » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:24 pm

It doesn't make him a world class player, of course not. However one thing's for sure, he's a damn sight more effective than Eboue is, and he deserves to start games. He set up ade's crossbar header in the first leg against AC. He set up ade's goal in Milan. He scored two against Birmingham, two in the CL group stages. He set up ade's goal tonight with one of the best runs I've ever seen, reminiscent of owen v Argentina, henry v spuds. He's been one of our most consistent performers the last couple of months. Thats the point.
emired
Patrick Vieira

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:27 pm

rodney wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:It takes some balls to admit you were wrong so hats off to you for that.

Seriously are you that deluded. If Eboue scores against United on Sunday does that suddenly make him a great player? No it f***ing doesn't. Because of that run Theo is not a world star. It meant f**k all as well.

Sorry to disagree, but I think you're wrong.

Completely and utterly wrong.

Theo has always shows flashes of this. The only flashes Eboue gets are red and yellow cards.

And if you can think of another run like the one tonight, by ANY player this season, I'd like to hear about it
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby rodney » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:27 pm

emired wrote:It doesn't make him a world class player, of course not. However one thing's for sure, he's a damn sight more effective than Eboue is, and he deserves to start games. He set up ade's crossbar header in the first leg against AC. He set up ade's goal in Milan. He scored two against Birmingham, two in the CL group stages. He set up ade's goal tonight with one of the best runs I've ever seen, reminiscent of owen v Argentina, henry v spuds. He's been one of our most consistent performers the last couple of months. Thats the point.

He has improved in recent months yes, but is he still good enough to be in the team? I personally still don't think so as he would be nowhere near United, Liverpool or CHelsea's first team and that's even with injuries. The only reason he'd be in our team right now is because only Wenger is too stupid to see that Eboue is the worst player in the world. I'd rather play no one than Eboue.
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:28 pm

rodney wrote:

You've missed the point.
Read my post again, it's directed squarely at all the people who've said 'Theo is shit' over the last few months.
Of course I'm not saying he's suddenly Kaka for going on one good run, where did I say that?
I'm saying that if the people who called him shit are still saying he's shit then they'll look fairly stupid now.
No shit player has ever run the entire length of Anfield with the crowd against them, dribbling round 4 players and setting up a striker for a tap-in.
That much is fairly obvious.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby emired » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:30 pm

I think he is becoming more consistent every game he plays and therefore he needs to play as much as possible. With the season now over, but games still to play, I think theo needs to start every game from here on in. Yeah he might get wiped out at old trafford next week, but its a learning curve which will prepare him for next season.
emired
Patrick Vieira

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:36 pm

emired wrote:I think he is becoming more consistent every game he plays and therefore he needs to play as much as possible. With the season now over, but games still to play, I think theo needs to start every game from here on in. Yeah he might get wiped out at old trafford next week, but its a learning curve which will prepare him for next season.

Totally Agree. spot on.

I dont think Theo is world class, maybe he will be one day, maybe he wont, but the only way he will improve is by getting 1st team action, as said he did well against milan and again tonight, and going back to the CC final scoring against chelsea, what he needs is a good run of games & maybe he'll get some consistency.

That run tonight was blinding, he took the piss & ive a feeling there is more where that came from, Id much rather Theo start than Eboue.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08