Liverpool Vs Arsenal | Champions League 08/04/08

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal | Champions League 08/04/08

Postby dialsquare » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:14 am

liger05 wrote:Hey, Liverpool fan in peace.

I like Arsenal. I think you play some amazing football and thats the way I want Liverpool to play. I aint a huge fan of Rafa. We get some amazing results in the CL but the way we play at times is not the way I like to see my team play.

As for this tie I think last week u should of beat us. U should of had a penalty and if it wasnt for Bendtner u would of won. Last week was a prime example of what I dislike about rafa. We didnt try to win the game last week and set up not to get beat.

Last night u guys started the game in great form. First 25 mins it was men against boys. We couldnt get near u lot and u were passing and moving like u can.
Fantastic goal from diaby. Really good football which lead to the goal.

I didnt like the way we set up. Gerrard and Kuyt and are not wide players and we had no balance in midfield. The Hyppia goal was a big goal as it dragged us back in the game. We didnt look like scoring and it was such a big goal. To be honest I am surprised Sendros is still at Arsenal. He has never progressed and still makes the same mistakes. He isnt comfortable enough on the ball for your team and last night was awful defending. He wasnt even looking at the ball for the Hyppia goal.

That goal and Flamini getting injured changed the game. Our midfield were coming more and more into the game. Gilberto isnt as mobile as Flamini and doesnt cover as much ground.

2nd half u guys were showing your fatigue. Before the game I though we would nick it 2-1 just cos I think your big players are on there last legs. Fabregas looked tired and we were seeing a lot more of the ball. Eboue should of done better when he got into the box past reina. His another player who to me isnt good enough for your side. His decision making at times is shocking and last night he could of just rolled it to Adebayor in the box. The Torres goal was a great finish from just a long punt up field. He should never of been given so much space but was a terrific finish. By then I thought it was it as I thought u were to fatigued to make another final push. After Adebayor missed that chance (should of took a touch) I thought we were home and dry.

Walcott's run was immense. Aurelio should of took him out but great pace, control and balance. 2 - 2 and I was devastated as I thought we were out then.
The penalty was harsh. No doubt it was a soft penalty. In real time I thought it was a penalty but from the replay's it looks like Toure coulsnt really do anything. He tried to avoid contact but couldnt and it looked accidental. His only fault was allowing Babel to get in that position.

I aint one to gloat as I dont do all that smug football fan crap. I appreciate expansive attacking football and enjoy watching arsenal play. Before Wenger I used to hate u lot as I thought then u played awful stuff. I dont think we are better than you and I got huge respect for Gerrard who in the interview didnt gloat and say we were the better side when he was asked.

I hope u can win the league but it will be difficult. I admire what Wenger is trying to do but he has to buy more depth for the squad. In the modern game its impossible to challenge on all fronts without the strong squad. If your big guns could of got more rest I think u would be top of the league.

Fair play pal, you have hit most the nails on the head there. This is hy I like Liverpool, can you imagine a Manc, Chav or Spudz fan being like this???

For my part I hope you stuff the Chavs and play Barca in the Final!!!
dialsquare
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:15 am

Yeah I'd much rather you guys progress than those dirty blue scum.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby arseman » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:26 am

I know plenty of pool fans though, who are still bitter about 89 and 71, and I can only imagine them gloating around now and all that... I would actually prefer to see Barca win the trophy to be honest, if it's not going to be us, it might as well not be another premiership team.
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Leody » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:32 am

I would like to see Henry get a CL medal. That would be nice, even tho it's not with us.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby rodney » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:14 am

Reverend Gooner wrote:I understand how you feel because of how the season has gone but i still think we can be proud of our players this season. If someone had said to me that we would finish the season with 80+ points (most likely), CC semi final, Early FA cup exit and Champions league quarters i would say that is really good considering where we were the last couple of years and how everyone was writing us off.
Finishing with mid 80+ points is brilliant even though it may still mean 3rd. 80+ points is a championship winning point total and even if we don't win it at least we got there.

Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool have all spent immense millions in the last two years and we have more than matched them despite our lack of investment. We will finish this season with about 15 points more than last season and that is progress, especially without Henry.

Don't get me wrong i am gutted, i truely am. We should have had the strength to hold the lead at the top of the table but we did not, we collapsed in an unbelievable fashion and it was our own fault. However we have still excelled this season in the league, we beat Milan in the Champion League and we went out to the masters of Europe in very dodgy curcumstances and despite a raggedy defence and fatigued team we took them all the way. We can be proud of our Champions league campaign despite the horrific way we went out.

We don't even have 80 plus points yet and I wouldn't count your chickens that we will go on to achieve that figure. Everyone may have been writing us off, but as a gooner I wasn't and I expected us to win a trophy this season. I don't care what Spurs/Mancs/journalists thought most gooners expected a trophy this season. We have failed.

But why the f**k should we spend less money. It's all well and good saying we've challenged with spending less, but why don't we f**k this not spending money theory and instead of challenging for the title spend millions and win the title.
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:29 am

Leody wrote:I would like to see Henry get a CL medal. That would be nice, even tho it's not with us.

Yeah that's a good point actually. He really deserves one for all the effort he's put in.
I want to see Liverpoo smash the Chelscum but then ultimately Barca lift the trophy.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Leody » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:04 pm

This was a surprise....

Former Liverpool manager Gerard Houllier has backed Arsene Wenger's claim that Arsenal's Champions League dreams were ended by bad refereeing decisions.

The Arsenal boss claimed the Gunners were denied a clear penalty in the first leg and that last night's second leg at Anfield was decided by a "dodgy" decision.

Houllier, speaking to reporters at the Soccerex conference at Wembley Stadium, said: "From a personal point of view I was happy Liverpool won but I also felt for my friend Arsene because over the two legs he deserved at least as much to win as Liverpool.

"To me it was a clear-cut penalty in the first leg and then one was given against them in the second leg. That's why he was not happy.

"At the top level a decision like that can make you or break you.

"But both teams showed marvellous qualities. They were two very good Champions League encounters and excellent promotion for the game itself. The attitude and the fair play was fantastic."

Houllier, now technical director of the French football federation, also claimed that many Liverpool fans and staff would swap another Champions League success for winning the domestic league - something that also eluded him during his years in charge of the Reds.

He added: "I think a lot of fans, players, members of staff and maybe even Rafa himself would exchange a Champions League title for a Premier League one and that tells you everything.

"Liverpool have not won the title for such a long time and they are craving for that.

"I think he has got the squad now, it could just be a matter of time."

Houllier added that Arsenal should have confidence for the future, and that they had done well with so many injuries.

"One of the main strikers, Eduardo, was injured, as was Rosicky and Sagna and van Persie just coming back - that's four players who could have been playing so perhaps credit to Arsenal for nearly making it," said Houllier.

"The need a bit more maturity and a bit more power. In terms of intensity and power the Champions League has increased a lot.

"But Arsenal have a wonderful team and with the age of the players they can only get better."

http://www.football365.com/story/0,1703 ... 63,00.html
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Wenger backs Senderos after CL exit

Postby Inchpräctice » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:12 pm

We all slagged him off in this thread (including me) but the boss disagrees:

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?this ... d+Senderos
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Re: Wenger backs Senderos after CL exit

Postby arseman » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:25 pm

Inchpractice wrote:We all slagged him off in this thread (including me) but the boss disagrees:

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?this ... d+Senderos

Everyones being getting on Big Phils back for his displays but no one seems to want to criticise Toure for recent defensive errors that he's made.
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08