Arsenal Vs Liverpool | Premiership 05/04/08

Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool | Premiership 05/04/08

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:59 pm

2 words : f***ing frustrated! :(
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:48 pm

Game wasn't on here and I can't be arsed reading 8 pages, so how did we play? was 1-1 a fair result?
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby arseman » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:57 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:Game wasn't on here and I can't be arsed reading 8 pages, so how did we play? was 1-1 a fair result?

Pretty much the same as last wed. Lot's of possession, a few half chances, a reluctance to shoot, compressing play down the middle, conceding a silly goal.....
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:00 pm

arseman wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:Game wasn't on here and I can't be arsed reading 8 pages, so how did we play? was 1-1 a fair result?

Pretty much the same as last wed. Lot's of possession, a few half chances, a reluctance to shoot, compressing play down the middle, conceding a silly goal.....

Oh well story of our season isn't it? well the second half of our season anyway. A draw against Liverpool isn't a bad result under normal circumstances, but when you need wins its almost as bad as a defeat.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Windass10 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:33 am

title looks gone now thats the hardwork done with.
Windass10
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby singaporegooner » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:31 am

We always seem to up our game when we have gone a goal down...
why don't we just start the game 1 goal down, and start chasing the game immediately...
at least we have a full 90 mins to score 2 goals... :crybaby:
In Arsene We Trust!!
Predicitions League 08/09 Winner
singaporegooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:50 am

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:The arm that tugged Cesc down in the box, to which the ref told him to "get up!"

Traore getting booked for a challenge that saw him not only get the ball, but safely clear it

The body check that knocked Theo on his arse off the ball that the ref chose to ignore

Eboue getting a yellow card for his first foul, which at worst was a free kick offence, and at best was a 50/50 header

That's just a few examples mate. I was watching with a mate who is a Liverpool fan, and even he said the ref was helping them a lot

Is it me or do Liverpoo seem to be very 'lucky' with refs decisions sometimes...?
What springs to mind is all those blatant fouls by Carragher in the penalty box earlier on in the season that no-one seemed to notice.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby SE13 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:12 pm

Arsene Wenger, Via E-Mail wrote:Dear Supporter,

Saturday's draw with Liverpool was a bit of a repetition of the first leg of our Champions League tie.

In the first half-an-hour we had problems getting into the game, then we got started after 30 minutes and with three minutes to go in the first half they scored. Then of course Liverpool defended for every ball in their half.

We needed to come back and score and then get the second goal - which was possible. We had to throw everything forward and we opened ourselves up a little bit on counter-attacks, but that was the game, basically.

Our title hopes depend on the results of the other teams. In my brain it's not over because mathematically it's not over. But it is frustrating because I feel we had another blatant penalty which was ignored against Liverpool - this time for a foul on Fabregas. It's 100 per cent conclusive.

I kicked every ball because I felt there was room there to win the game. At some stages we didn't reposition quickly enough and we didn't attack the ball on the crosses. We had two or three crosses from the left coming from Clichy where we didn't attack the ball, we waited for it instead.

I said we needed five wins and a draw at least from our last six League games, but basically I wanted six wins.

I rested some players because you have to make decisions with the schedule we have. If you only play the same 11 it doesn't work as well. Adebayor feels he has an ankle problem and he's a bit tired. Hleb finished last Wednesday's game tired, so did Clichy.

Tuesday's second leg is of course a massive game. It's very important for us and for them. We will play our normal game on Tuesday night and give absolutely everything.

Thanks for your support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby ken day » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:56 am

Gallas acts like a child, now AW acts like basil fawlty, Fabrigas went missing and you are running out of steam, i have said all season Arsenal are a great team but have no squad worth talking about, van poncie is a sick note he has to go.
you win some, you lose some, chillout and enjoy life
ken day
Charlie George
Charlie George

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08