Arsenal Vs Liverpool | Champions League 02/04/08

Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool | Champions League 02/04/08

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:22 pm

imo walcott NEEDS to start next match he was causing the liverpool deffence problems getting us a few free kicks making chances and he just looks like he plays with confidence now.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:26 pm

arseman wrote:I think people need to go easy on Nick, he was in that area trying to get to Ade's cross, and was just slow to react to Cescs follow up. It could just as easily been Ade or anyone else in that position.

Thats what I said after it happened, it was just one of those things. The fact that it was going in except he got in the way, plus it was Bendtner made it worse. If he wasn't in the box expecting a bounce or rebound people would be bitching also, he just can't win.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:37 pm

Bristol_Gunner wrote:imo walcott NEEDS to start next match he was causing the liverpool deffence problems getting us a few free kicks making chances and he just looks like he plays with confidence now.

I agree.
And Bendtner actually had a good game up until that point but he'll be gutted about that.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:49 pm

Im seriously pissed off! HTF could the ref not see it was a stone cold penalty for us for Kuyt bringing down Helb in the box!? He was FEET away from it & had a perfect view!

Granted he wasnt bad on the whole but THAT was one of the worst decisions of the campaign i have seen. Im none too impressed, Sky Sports are now stirring up conspiracy theories that they reckon will be all over the papers tomorrow, that the ref was born just 5 miles away from Kuyt.

Theo impressed, as mentioned he played with bags of confidence & really did give them some trouble, maybe he is starting to come of age. ;)
Felt really sorry for Nik, dont think he could believe it himself. So unlucky.
TBH despite what some of you have said, yes Kolo looks a bit tired but i dont think he does too bad at right back.

My heads right in the shed atm & cant really comment more cos i cant see past that awful ref decision. :(
Liverpool have that all important away goal, so realisticly we need to score 2 at anfield, not impossible & i believe we can do it, but tonight, to me it feels like we have lost.

:(
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:50 pm

Where the hell were our "match winners" tonight?

How many more games must we squander before the chequebook gets mentioned?

I don't mean spend megabucks, but it's just ludicrous how limp and ineffective we are at the moment.

:shout:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:00 pm

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:Im seriously pissed off! HTF could the ref not see it was a stone cold penalty for us for Kuyt bringing down Helb in the box!? He was FEET away from it & had a perfect view!

Granted he wasnt bad on the whole but THAT was one of the worst decisions of the campaign i have seen. Im none too impressed, Sky Sports are now stirring up conspiracy theories that they reckon will be all over the papers tomorrow, that the ref was born just 5 miles away from Kuyt.

Theo impressed, as mentioned he played with bags of confidence & really did give them some trouble, maybe he is starting to come of age. ;)
Felt really sorry for Nik, dont think he could believe it himself. So unlucky.
TBH despite what some of you have said, yes Kolo looks a bit tired but i dont think he does too bad at right back.

My heads right in the shed atm & cant really comment more cos i cant see past that awful ref decision. :(
Liverpool have that all important away goal, so realisticly we need to score 2 at anfield, not impossible & i believe we can do it, but tonight, to me it feels like we have lost.

:(

First of all, I hope if your bloke gets frisky you give him a right good punch in the nadgers.

And I disagree about the penalty, I still don't see how everyone is up in arms over it. Yes it was a penalty, but it wasn't that blatant that realistically the ref had no choice but to give it.

As for Kolo, my thoughts about his fatigue had nothing to do with his position, its the fact that Wenger loves versatile players so he doesn't have to have such a big squad and at the end of a long season that comes back to bite you.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:02 pm

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:Where the hell were our "match winners" tonight?

I don't mean spend megabucks, but it's just ludicrous how limp and ineffective we are at the moment.

Come on dude, you can't say we were limp and ineffective, we dominated the game, our passing was slick but we didn't create enough clear cut chances.
In the first half RVP created a couple for himself and in the second half Liverpoo were content to just park the bus in front of goal.
It's always difficult to get through that especially without Rosicky.

Does anyone know if the highlights are on terrestrial TV tonight?
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:04 pm

no highlights on terresteral tonight, im pretty sure
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:06 pm

Apologies Fabrestuta, i thought hat was what you meant. ;)
Its great that we have players who are versatile in positions, we have a great 1st team but we do need quality in depth.

As for my bloke we are on speaking terms...........just. Im being quiet he knows better not to say a word! Ive been known to fall out with people big time over football. :sneaky:
Fait play to him though he has conceeded that his opinion is that we were the better side, creating more & admits that it should have been a penalty....that i stand by. ;)
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby rachel83 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:08 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:And I disagree about the penalty, I still don't see how everyone is up in arms over it. Yes it was a penalty, but it wasn't that blatant that realistically the ref had no choice but to give it.

Ok, once again it was only me outright watching the game in the bar.

Anyway, the dude sitting next to me is a very casual fan and was watching along with me. He could not believe it when I told him the ref didn't call a penalty and got really mad, even though he couldn't care less who won.
rachel83
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:08 pm

man its so f***ing annoying, we played them off the park, they werent even interested in going forward the second half, and now they are in the strong position

they will be compact as f**k again on tues, but will counter more often with more desire as well(being at home)

WE WILL NEED TO TAKE OUR CHANCES THERE!!!
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:10 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:Where the hell were our "match winners" tonight?

Come on dude, you can't say we were limp and ineffective, we dominated the game, our passing was slick but we didn't create enough clear cut chances.
In the first half RVP created a couple for himself and in the second half Liverpoo were content to just park the bus in front of goal.
It's always difficult to get through that especially without Rosicky.

Does anyone know if the highlights are on terrestrial TV tonight?

Sorry mate, but we didn't convert, and that says ineffective to me.

As for the second half, Liverpool exerted much more pressure than us, and were in OUR penalty box more than their own. :(

And you've just mentioned two players, one of which is perpetually injured, and the other who just got back from a LONG injury, and is now out AGAIN! You don't think we need to spend??? :shock:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:14 pm

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:[As for the second half, Liverpool exerted much more pressure than us, and were in OUR penalty box more than their own. :(

eh?

:ziplip: :naughty: :P

punting a long ball up to a loan striker with little or no support every 10mins, is hardly putting pressure on
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:15 pm

absolutely_fabregas wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:[As for the second half, Liverpool exerted much more pressure than us, and were in OUR penalty box more than their own. :(

eh?

:ziplip: :naughty: :P

punting a long ball up to a loan striker with little or no support every 10mins, is hardly putting pressure on

Sorry mate, but all I heard for MASSIVE spells of the second half were the FiveLive commentators creaming themselves because Liverpool were "in a shooting position" :snooty:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:15 pm

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:Apologies Fabrestuta, i thought hat was what you meant. ;)
Its great that we have players who are versatile in positions, we have a great 1st team but we do need quality in depth.

As for my bloke we are on speaking terms...........just. Im being quiet he knows better not to say a word! Ive been known to fall out with people big time over football. :sneaky:
Fait play to him though he has conceeded that his opinion is that we were the better side, creating more & admits that it should have been a penalty....that i stand by. ;)

Noo no need to apologise, others have actually said Kolo shouldn't play at RB. I just think he looks ridiculously tired, but even so he ran his bollocks off.
It was a penalty, and it should have been given, but when I saw it again I couldn't understand why everyone was screaming blue murder. I've seen them given for less and not given for more, the ref was letting a lot go so it didn't shock me that it wasn't given. And to be honest we shouldn't have needed it, we should have won at least 3-1. :?
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08