Arsenal Vs Liverpool | Champions League 02/04/08

Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool | Champions League 02/04/08

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:21 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:
absolutely_fabregas wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:Guys, you're making my point for me.

Ineffective, ineffective, ineffective.

Listen, it's not like I enjoy pointing this out, I HATE the fact that we are goal shy at the moment, but it needs sorting out, and SOON

i know what you mean in general we arent clinical enough

but how many teams can score againsnt a teams like liverpool or chelsea when there main/only objective is to stop the other team playing

Yeah exactly, they were perfectly content to shut up shop and it's never easy to break teams down when they do that.

It's by no means unheard of though mate.
And if you're saying that we can't be expected to break them down, it's tantamount to saying that we aren't good enough, because you can bet that the likes of Barca would have found a goal from somewhere.

Basically, if we can't beat Liverpool when they shut up shop, we don't have a plan B.

We need one :sundae:

Not saying it's impossible but it's damned hard. Our plan B's are all injured mate.

Bingo mate!

Hence the need for some "ker-ching!" in the summer :sundae:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:34 pm

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:

Listen, it's not like I enjoy pointing this out, I HATE the fact that we are goal shy at the moment, but it needs sorting out, and SOON

but how many teams can score againsnt a teams like liverpool or chelsea when there main/only objective is to stop the other team playing

Yeah exactly, they were perfectly content to shut up shop and it's never easy to break teams down when they do that.

And if you're saying that we can't be expected to break them down, it's tantamount to saying that we aren't good enough, because you can bet that the likes of Barca would have found a goal from somewhere.

Basically, if we can't beat Liverpool when they shut up shop, we don't have a plan B.

Not saying it's impossible but it's damned hard. Our plan B's are all injured mate.

Bingo mate!

I know what you mean but the minute we buy replacements the players will all recover from their injuries, it's sods law.
Then they'll all complain about not getting enough first team starts. :sundae: :sundae: :sundae: :sundae:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:36 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:

Bingo mate!

I know what you mean but the minute we buy replacements the players will all recover from their injuries, it's sods law.
Then they'll all complain about not getting enough first team starts. :sundae: :sundae: :sundae: :sundae:

That'll teach them to grow a pair, and not get injured every time someone farts in their general direction :snooty:

:sundae: :sundae: :P
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:39 pm

Sometimes you have to be harsh though Inch. We can't worry about players feelings if its going to cost us games. Look at United, they have world class players on the bench and they seem to cope. I don't think we need replacements, but if United or Chelsea had had that much of a dominance in the second half they would have won the game easily.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:56 pm

YOu can say wenger needs to go out and buy superstars, get a stronger bench ect but tbh i think everyone here knows that will never happen. we may buy a few big names but we wont have a squad the size and experiance to match chelsea or man u. I think in a way we have over achived this year but we will ahve to see. In a way people have taken this season for granted. i mean look at how shit last year was we were out of everything by march
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Younggooner08 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:05 am

We can all say Wenger should buy new players but would he even play them, i don't think i was the only 1 at the beginning of the season thinking why has he bought a RB we have 2 already but now look who is playing there a feckin CB.

Toure may be able to do a good job and Wenger may think Super Phil is good for any long balls that get played but we have Hoyte, why not use him?
Imagee
Younggooner08
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby jtaime.gunnar4lyphe » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:12 am

I TRUST TO KNOW WHEN....
jtaime.gunnar4lyphe
Liam Brady

Postby singaporegooner » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:15 am

Disappointing not to kill the tie...but all hope is not lost...
We have proven last season and this season that we do not fear playing Pool at Anfield and we have cause to be optimistic.
Only issue is the injury to RvP, as quoted by Wenger saying "It's a muscular problem, we had to take him out for a precaution. We'll see how it goes. I don't think it's a recurrence but it was where he was injured before on his thigh. For a precaution we had to take him off"

Come on Gunners! You can do it! :grouphug:
In Arsene We Trust!!
Predicitions League 08/09 Winner
singaporegooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby arseman » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:29 am

While I can understand the frustration over here, and God knows I'm frustrated as well, this tie is far from over, remember the last time we played at Anfield, we were all over them, and should have won that game at least 3-1. In 2004 we drew 1-1 away to Chelscum and were considered favourites, but we know what happened in the second leg. If we can just convert our possession into goals, we should be able to go through.

It'll be tough though, Liverpool know that 0-0 will see them through, and that's how they probably will play.
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Leody » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:29 am

Yeah, I can see the 2nd leg being a VERY negative game. They will just pack it in and take a pot shot here and there trying to get 1 goal to kill us off. It's going to be the same story, 10 men behind the ball and all kinds of possession. Let's just hope this time we finally figure out how to break somebody down.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:31 am

Fabrestuta wrote:Sometimes you have to be harsh though Inch. We can't worry about players feelings if its going to cost us games. Look at United, they have world class players on the bench and they seem to cope. I don't think we need replacements, but if United or Chelsea had had that much of a dominance in the second half they would have won the game easily.

You're absolutely spot on there Fab
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby target_locked » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:45 pm

Incredible display of awesome football BUT the conly thing lacking were goals. Did u notice we only strike the ball when we were in the 6 yard box. It's only here at arsenla that u would see players trying to walk the ball into the goal. AMAZING!!!

I'm glad we produced that kind of performance. Liverpool were all over the place.

1.The way hleb carved through dfense and brought down.We shoud have had a penalty
2.Fabregas tap in that was stopped crossing the line by bendtner was unbelievable.
3. ANother try that was cleared off the line by liverpool.
4. Fabregas header in the 90th min.
5. Brialliant through ball to adebayoir by hleb which could have converted if he hadn't slipped in the last moment.

I was skeptical about arsenal chances but theirte the away (which was scored due to poor defending.) I have re-newed hope arsenal would win this tie.

Hleb always lookjed effective when he played in centre but was rubbish at wings.

Fabregas was fairly good.

Missed sagna with his runs and crosses immensely. Toure at the end of 75 min looked tireed and his stamina reserved was dried.

The problem that we aren't clinical enough and that only adebayir and fabregas posed the threat of goalscoring was one the negatives of the night, though.
target_locked
Liam Brady

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:07 pm

target_locked wrote:The problem is that we aren't clinical enough and that only adebayor and fabregas posed the threat of goalscoring was one the negatives of the night, though.

Theo had a great long distance shot on goal and RVP looked dangerous in places.
Doesn't look like RVP will play on Saturday but he might be available for the second leg.
Let's hope he recovers on time.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:47 pm

Can you please refrain from multi-quoting, it dont half make it awkward to read sometimes surely you only need to quote the last relevant post of the person you quoting.

Cheers.

:grouphug:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby singaporegooner » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:44 am

I'll be praying that RvP doesn't take a few months to recover, not with the 2nd leg and manure coming up soon...and i really really hope to see Theo have his chance ahead of Eboue on the right side. I've had about enough seeing Eboue on the right wing producing almost nothing.
In Arsene We Trust!!
Predicitions League 08/09 Winner
singaporegooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08