Chelsea Vs Arsenal | Premiership 23/03/08

Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal | Premiership 23/03/08

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:27 pm

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:
Ive calmed down a bit now, apologies if i offended anyone earlier, i had my hot-head on.
Still gutted but well trying to be optimistic, it aint over yet.

Too late, I was inconsolable and I cried myself to sleep afterwards. :cry: :cry:
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby StLGooner » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:31 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:
She_Gunner_Wales wrote:
Ive calmed down a bit now, apologies if i offended anyone earlier, i had my hot-head on.

Too late, I was inconsolable and I cried myself to sleep afterwards. :cry: :cry:

Thats why I try to stay away from this place after we lose, I know I'll probably say something stupid that doesn't make sense and piss everyone off.......................... wait, I do that everyday anyway. :?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:13 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:
She_Gunner_Wales wrote:

Thats why I try to stay away from this place after we lose, I know I'll probably say something stupid that doesn't make sense and piss everyone off.......................... wait, I do that everyday anyway. :?

What the hell are you talking about? try and make some sense man. :biggrin:

We're probably due a visit from Ken Day soon....
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby rodney » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:06 pm

First of all Didier Drogba was absolutely superb today. He won everything in the air and caused our centre backs numerous problems and made them look shite at times. He always turns it on against us, but usually he is up against a clumsy Senderos. Today he was the difference between the two sides, as Chelsea didn't threaten us bar a few Ballack shots and had it not been for Drogba we would have won today.

Gallas and Toure were f***ing shite today. They won absolutely f**k all against Drogba all day. There is no reason why they shouldn't be competing with Drogba in the air, as if Carvalho can compete with Ade there is no reason why Gallas can't do the same with Drogba. Even if they're not going to challenge Drogba in the air why we didn't concentrate on just winning the second ball I don't know. Gallas should have taken authority and said right we make sure that we win the second ball. Instead we rarely won the second ball and Chelsea gained possession and caused us problems.

Eboue is a useless bastard. It's bad enough that he dives, cheats and is a dirty player, but the fact he is a useless footballer as well makes me wonder how the bloody hell he is in our team. He could have easily been sent off today. He gave away stupid fouls, then argues with the referee instead of just shuting his bloody mouth. His passing was horrific at times and he often loses the ball in great positions. We need a new winger in, as when Hleb or Rosicky are out we can't continue with such shit replacing them.

First half started off very caged and both teams were testing each other out. We had a couple of Van Persie shots and Chelsea had a few Ballack chances as well. Drogba went through after a huth forward, but didn't control it well and that was probably the best chance of the first half.

Second half was far more open and we started off very brightly. Flamini forced a good save from Cudicini after a great cross from Robin. Then Hleb should have smacked the ball at goal, but typical Hleb he looked for the perfect pass and Essien got a touch to clear. We were looking more dangerous and on the break we should have done a lot better, but Robin's touch was awful and Chelsea cleared.

We then got our goal. It wasn't a great corner from Cesc, but for once we got a player in at the front post to win a header which we have never done before and look what happens. Sagna heads home and we're one up. Why we can't do that every game as so often our corners fall short. 1-0 up I really thought we'd go on and win, but straight away we were on the back foot.

Joe Cole crossed for Cuntley and he should have done a lot better with his header. Ballack then had another attempt at goal and Chelsea were really starting to put the pressure on us. We then started f***ing around for some stupid reason. Sagna fair enough he looked genuinly injured, but just get the f**k off the pitch and let us make the substitution, minimum fuss. Instead he makes a massive deal of it and then Eboue who there was f**k all wrong with him makes out he is injured and as does Kolo. We had eight players on the pitch at one point and we never settled down after that.

A long ball from Chelsea up to Drogba and even though not just Drogba, but two other Chelsea players were all offside and some how the linesman manages to miss it. We should still have dealt with the threat better, but as I said earlier we just failed to deal with Drogba in the air, the ball fell perfectly for him and he gave Almunia no chance. Anelka then had a really good chance to put Chelsea ahead, but scuffed his shot wide.

We needed to take a foot hold of the game, but were just consistently giving the ball away. Then to sum up an awful game for our centre back pair Gallas missed the first header, Toure did f**k knows what and Drogba's shot some how went in. It was an extremely poor goal to concede as three times we should have dealt with the problem but didn't. Almunia made a brilliant save after, but that doesn't make amends for a shot he should have saved.

We created nothing in the remaining minutes and overall it sums up the season. Lack of strength in depth, particularly on the wings and as usual not being able to deal with Drogba. I wouldn't say we're definitely out of the title race, but it's highly unlikely we'll win it now. We've only ourselves to blame as today after going 1-0 up should have been three points in the bag.
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Windass10 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:42 am

Trina wrote:
Windass10 wrote:Firstly we lost fairs dos but played well draw was fair to be honest they got abit lucky. I liked to mention credit to Drogba who scored 2 good goals in the game to win it and I would like to say hes a true gent for praising Arsenal in his interview saying we are a good team and stuff good one drogs.
Now back to the point why have we given up yet its not allover be positive 6 points if it was 9 then fair enough, plenty of twists and turns i will keep believing we can still do it till its mathmatically possible come on Arsenal.

There are 7 games left....Man U must loose 2 just to put us on even points. Then they would still win due to goal difference.

So for us to win. Out of the last 7 games, we must win every game and Man U must loose 2 and draw 1.

Can't see that happening.....

Hey come on chin up its not all doom and gloom yet.
Windass10
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby ozgooner » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:47 am

2 things were blatantly obvious to me from that game , firstly eboue is a hinderance to our team . how the mouthy little prick managed to stay on the park is a miracle . he was back chatting the ref after already recieving a yellow and hand balled as well . where is rosicky , eboue shouldn't be out on the park let alone in the midfield .
secondly , alumina is deservedly our no. 1 keeper . i thought he was sensational against the rent boys . hats off to him for that performance . i know these are not new revelations , but us aussies can be a little slow :rolleyes:

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SE13 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:38 am

I am beginning to think that only Arsene Wenger can see what a useless tool Eboue is! One thing that did surprise me, is why Wenger didn't haul him off in the first half. It was bad enough that he was useless, without trying to get himself sent off and add more pressure to the team.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby ozgooner » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:53 am

SE13 wrote:I am beginning to think that only Arsene Wenger can see what a useless tool Eboue is! One thing that did surprise me, is why Wenger didn't haul him off in the first half. It was bad enough that he was useless, without trying to get himself sent off and add more pressure to the team.

yeah i know mate , i was constantly cringing at the thought of eboue getting his second yellow and reducing us to 10 men . i've always trusted arsene's calls , but i was a little bemused that he left eboue on :naughty:

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:35 am

ozgooner wrote:
SE13 wrote:I am beginning to think that only Arsene Wenger can see what a useless tool Eboue is! One thing that did surprise me, is why Wenger didn't haul him off in the first half. It was bad enough that he was useless, without trying to get himself sent off and add more pressure to the team.

yeah i know mate , i was constantly cringing at the thought of eboue getting his second yellow and reducing us to 10 men . i've always trusted arsene's calls , but i was a little bemused that he left eboue on :naughty:

i was thinking the same thing

although... sagna got injured and who slotted into right back?

arsene knows best
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby ozgooner » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:46 am

^^^^^^^ 'tis true ab-fab , arsene does know best :idea:

ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ken day » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:11 am

Oh i have so enjoyed reading this thread, all the glory when stupid haircut sored, how great Gallas is and how you are so great. Gallas is a liability somtimes, toure is to short to be a great centre back and in my mind fabregas has gone of the boil. I have said this time and again, you have got a great team but no squad. Drogba ran you ragged again. 4 draws and a defeat is not title winning form is it now, (hope you qualify for CL). i knew you would run out of gas, you could not keep up your great style of football with that squad all season, get the cheque book out in the summer AW. :wave:
you win some, you lose some, chillout and enjoy life
ken day
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby ozgooner » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:19 am

ya took ya time ken , i was expecting to hear from you sooner :nahnah: :nahnah: :nahnah:

ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ken day » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:24 am

No oz i aam not one to gloat, just a shame we are not the top two with the mancs falling away :campmarsh:
you win some, you lose some, chillout and enjoy life
ken day
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby ozgooner » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:34 am

well who would've thought , a decent and reasonably intelligent chel$ki fan

the mind boggles :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :rofll: :thumbsup:

ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Windass10 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:47 am

Eboue for me aint good enough as a right midfielder why does he play there? does my head in hes ok at right back dont get me wrong. We need Theo Walcott playing on the right wing he needs a run of games does the lad now.
Windass10
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08