Chelsea Vs Arsenal | Premiership 23/03/08

Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal | Premiership 23/03/08

Postby Igmalian » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:23 pm

Windass10 wrote:Eboue for me aint good enough as a right midfielder why does he play there? does my head in hes ok at right back dont get me wrong. We need Theo Walcott playing on the right wing he needs a run of games does the lad now.

When Theo came on on Sunday I noticed a couple of occasions where he was wide open on the right wing and the player in the middle with the ball completly ignored him and played the ball towards Hleb on the left which resulted in us losing the ball, I got really p*ssed off when I saw this, do the other players not have confidence in Theo or something??
To Alcohol!! The cause of and solution to all of life's problems!!
Igmalian
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:40 pm

That really pissed me off as well and I can't explain it.
It was bad enough that Arsene brought him on too late to make a difference and then he had one touch and then the game was over.
How the f**k is he supposed to have any impact under those circumstances.....? :mad:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Igmalian » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:43 pm

Inchpractice wrote:That really pissed me off as well and I can't explain it.
It was bad enough that Arsene brought him on too late to make a difference and then he had one touch and then the game was over.
How the f**k is he supposed to have any impact under those circumstances.....? :mad:

Capello was in the crowd too!!
Igmalian
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby StLGooner » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:44 pm

In fairness to AW, I think Diaby was brought on after Sagna was hurt, cause at the time we still were up 0-1 and he was looking for a more defensive minded approach, then once it was tied up then he needed Theo. I did see him wide open a couple of times, but I'm sure that happens alot in every game. I don't think its because they don't have faith in Theo.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:56 pm

ChVint22 wrote:

In fairness to AW, I think Diaby was brought on after Sagna was hurt, cause at the time we still were up 0-1 and he was looking for a more defensive minded approach, then once it was tied up then he needed Theo. I did see him wide open a couple of times, but I'm sure that happens alot in every game. I don't think its because they don't have faith in Theo.

I can see what you mean about Diaby but then how is he a more defensive approach?
I suppose anything's better than bringing on Gilberto...... :rolleyes:
I don't think it's a personal problem with Theo either but it did piss me off because I thought that if anyone could open them up it would probably be him and he didn't get the chance because no-one seemed to see him.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Igmalian » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:00 pm

ChVint22 wrote:

But why does Arsene insist on playing Eboue over Theo, Eboue at RM/RW isn't working, swallow your pride Arsene and admit that you were wrong and start playing someone there who can do the job - Theo!! :Peace:
Igmalian
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby StLGooner » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:02 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

I can see what you mean about Diaby but then how is he a more defensive approach?
I suppose anything's better than bringing on Gilberto...... :rolleyes:
I don't think it's a personal problem with Theo either but it did piss me off because I thought that if anyone could open them up it would probably be him and he didn't get the chance because no-one seemed to see him.

I agree, I don't really think Diaby is a good choice for a diffensive approach, but I think maybe he was thinking a little more defense but still try to score again on the counter or something. AW really never calls for an all out defense, especially when we're only one up at the bridge. I don't think it was that bad of a tactic, but I was actually hoping for Theo to come on at the half cause I was for sure Eboue was going to get his second yellow. But Sagna's injury changed that approach.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby arseman » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:25 pm

ChVint22 wrote:

That's our problem, it's never a good idea to just defend a one goal lead, it cost us against the scum, it cost us against Birmingham, and cast your minds back to the second game this season when it cost us against Blackburn. Some may think it's foolhardy or reckless, but I beg to differ, the best way to defend a lead, imo, is to extend it.
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby SE13 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:02 pm

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Arsenal supporter,

Sunday's defeat at Chelsea was a big setback for us, especially when you add in the four games we drew. The only thing we can do before we dream of the title now is to come back and win our games.

I felt we should have beaten Chelsea but we paid for some lapses in concentration. It is difficult to swallow because we played quite well and were in control of the game but, when Chelsea reverted to long balls, we did not deal well enough with it.

Our spirit was right and our mentality was fantastic. Overall the team played very well but, at the moment, I feel we have some defensive problems which we need to sort out. We got caught on the long balls and the physical battle.

We were a bit unlucky because Chelsea's first goal was offside and there was also a foul from John Terry before that. That had a big impact on the game and recently we have been hard done by with things like that.

It was a missed opportunity because we were 1-0 up and had it all in our hands. We needed a bit more defensive authority as the game was there to be taken. We had plenty of chances on the counter-attack when they went 4-4-2 but we were not serene enough defensively.

I feel the team got a big blow when we went 2-1 down and then we lost a bit of patience in the build-up. We wanted to go too much through the middle instead of going wide.

The players were very disappointed because they gave everything but went home without any points. That is why we have to show our strength. I believe we have the strength, but at the moment we are six points behind Manchester United. We have to win our next game at Bolton to get back on track.

Thanks for your support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Windass10 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:36 am

Igmalian wrote:
Windass10 wrote:Eboue for me aint good enough as a right midfielder why does he play there? does my head in hes ok at right back dont get me wrong. We need Theo Walcott playing on the right wing he needs a run of games does the lad now.

When Theo came on on Sunday I noticed a couple of occasions where he was wide open on the right wing and the player in the middle with the ball completly ignored him and played the ball towards Hleb on the left which resulted in us losing the ball, I got really p*ssed off when I saw this, do the other players not have confidence in Theo or something??

I noticed the same he didnt get the ball much your right.
Windass10
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08