Arsenal Vs Middlesbrough | Premiership 15/03/08

Re: Arsenal Vs Middlesbrough | Premiership 15/03/08

Postby arseman » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:27 pm

And why was Adebayor allowed to remain on the pitch, while Van Persie was subbed. Forget RVP being rusty and all that, on quite a few occasions he actually looked like he might create something, Ade barely contributed anything during the second half.
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby djaxster » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:28 pm

SE13 wrote:OK, so we have only ourselves to blame for not putting the game to bed, HOWEVER...... There are THREE points of order I wish to pull Halsey back on, and to be honest, if this is Premiership refereeing, he needs shooting!

First, the Adebayor goal. He was stood no more than 20 feet away, yet still failed to spot that it was a backpass, therefore the goal should have stood.

Second, Aliadiere was offside, therefore ther goal should not have stood.

Third, he blew before the allotted extra time allowance (The rule states a MINIMUM of the displayed time) thus should have at least allowed the corner to have been taken.

I used to rate Halsey as a top referee, but on reflection of todays display, he wants sacking from the panel.

i know what you are saying but at the end of the day the ref dosen't rally matter. how many games do any team blame the ref. we should be baning in goals so it dosn't matter
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby AFC RED ARMY » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:28 pm

[quote="arseman"]Y'know, when the opposition has got all their players in the box, it might be useful to just thwack the ball goal-wards a few times from outside. But what's the use, we've beaten this point to death by now.

And was it me or was the stadium a bit on the quiet side?[/quotmost of the game it was quiet...but as soon as the ref blew the wistle u could deff hear THE REFS A w***er!!!
AFC RED ARMY
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby djaxster » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:32 pm

arseman wrote:And why was Adebayor allowed to remain on the pitch, while Van Persie was subbed. Forget RVP being rusty and all that, on quite a few occasions he actually looked like he might create something, Ade barely contributed anything during the second half.

i agree with you here adebayor hasnt been good since he got his haircut i told you all before hes like samson hes losst he predictive goal scoring mode. haha but its not really a funny matter he has been poor for a few weeks now.
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SE13 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:33 pm

djaxster wrote:
SE13 wrote:OK, so we have only ourselves to blame for not putting the game to bed, HOWEVER...... There are THREE points of order I wish to pull Halsey back on, and to be honest, if this is Premiership refereeing, he needs shooting!

First, the Adebayor goal. He was stood no more than 20 feet away, yet still failed to spot that it was a backpass, therefore the goal should have stood.

Third, he blew before the allotted extra time allowance (The rule states a MINIMUM of the displayed time) thus should have at least allowed the corner to have been taken.

I used to rate Halsey as a top referee, but on reflection of todays display, he wants sacking from the panel.

i know what you are saying but at the end of the day the ref dosen't rally matter. how many games do any team blame the ref. we should be baning in goals so it dosn't matter

Maybe so, but had the first "goal" been allowed to stand, do you really think that Boro would have been at the races? I don't think so.

Also, had Halsey had his wits about him, their goal wouldn't have counted, so even then, we were robbed of a win, given the late goal.....

Sorry, I'll disagree, but Halsey screwed it all up. That game was there for the taking, and for the mostpart, Arsenal did so, only to be denied by inept officials. Ade scored, 1-0. They didn't, still 1-0. We would still have had the chances, indeed score late, 2-0. In summary, we were robbed!

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby djaxster » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:38 pm

AFC RED ARMY wrote:
arseman wrote:Y'know, when the opposition has got all their players in the box, it might be useful to just thwack the ball goal-wards a few times from outside. But what's the use, we've beaten this point to death by now.

And was it me or was the stadium a bit on the quiet side?[/quotmost of the game it was quiet...but as soon as the ref blew the wistle u could deff hear THE REFS A w***er!!!

i got to admit it has been quiet since we have been there.. i remember the days of the terraces at highbury if it went quiet old rip roar( does any of the old fans remember him) would get you going..maybe different class of fans there now but if we cant get behind the team you cant blame them.. come those that can go SHOUT 4 THEM
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby rogerthornhill » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:38 pm

Halsey was an absolute disgrace. For most of the match we were a goal down when in fact we should have been a goal ahead. The FA and the Premier League need to sort this out and quickly. Refereeing blunders cost us two points at Birmingham and another two points today.
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SE13 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:41 pm

djaxster wrote:
AFC RED ARMY wrote:
arseman wrote:Y'know, when the opposition has got all their players in the box, it might be useful to just thwack the ball goal-wards a few times from outside. But what's the use, we've beaten this point to death by now.

i got to admit it has been quiet since we have been there.. i remember the days of the terraces at highbury if it went quiet old rip roar( does any of the old fans remember him) would get you going..maybe different class of fans there now but if we cant get behind the team you cant blame them.. come those that can go SHOUT 4 THEM

If it ever went quiet on The North Bank, you could be certain that it would be my mighty mouth you could hear!! Not that it went quiet too regularly!

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby djaxster » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:44 pm

SE13 wrote:
djaxster wrote:

Maybe so, but had the first "goal" been allowed to stand, do you really think that Boro would have been at the races? I don't think so.

Also, had Halsey had his wits about him, their goal wouldn't have counted, so even then, we were robbed of a win, given the late goal.....

Sorry, I'll disagree, but Halsey screwed it all up. That game was there for the taking, and for the mostpart, Arsenal did so, only to be denied by inept officials. Ade scored, 1-0. They didn't, still 1-0. We would still have had the chances, indeed score late, 2-0. In summary, we were robbed!

ok mate i agree with you but as you know being a gooner as long as me to win the premiership/league you need be beating these teams convicently at home this is what we used to do. We need to be showing this defintley as we got he the cheski next week.
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SE13 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:47 pm

djaxster wrote:
SE13 wrote:
djaxster wrote:

ok mate i agree with you but as you know being a gooner as long as me to win the premiership/league you need be beating these teams convicently at home this is what we used to do. We need to be showing this defintley as we got he the cheski next week.

Hmmm... I suspect that Mike "Big Nose" Riley might be in charge of that one, as we haven't been robbed by him in a while..... Image

SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby rogerthornhill » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:53 pm

Halsey was an absolute disgrace. For most of the match we were a goal down when in fact we should have been a goal ahead. The FA and the Premier League need to sort this out and quickly. Refereeing blunders cost us two points at Birmingham and another two points today.
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby djaxster » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:57 pm

SE13 wrote:
djaxster wrote:
AFC RED ARMY wrote:

If it ever went quiet on The North Bank, you could be certain that it would be my mighty mouth you could hear!! Not that it went quiet too regularly!

i am with you se13 i started in the norf bank but ended up down the clock end for the buzz,,,, we have got to be gearing the boys on.. its was good to see eduardo at the game to get the tam going but those that go need to be making some noise..
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SE13 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:05 pm

djaxster wrote:i am with you se13 i started in the norf bank but ended up down the clock end for the buzz,,,, we have got to be gearing the boys on.. its was good to see eduardo at the game to get the tam going but those that go need to be making some noise..

I never ventured away from The North Bank. Even when Arsenal were not doing so well, we always had a song, be it ripping The Clock End, or The East, we always sung!

"We are top side, we are top side, we are top side over here..."

"We're the middle, we're the middle, we're the middle over here"

"We are........"

Back to us..

We are top side, we are top side, we are top side over here

*Clock End chips in*

"We're The Clock End, we're The Clock End, we're The Clock End over here"

*The roof comes off Highbury as The North Bank responds*

"We're The North Bank, we're The North Bank, we're The North Bank over here"

SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:16 pm

djaxster wrote:
arseman wrote:And why was Adebayor allowed to remain on the pitch, while Van Persie was subbed. Forget RVP being rusty and all that, on quite a few occasions he actually looked like he might create something, Ade barely contributed anything during the second half.

i agree with you here adebayor hasnt been good since he got his haircut i told you all before hes like samson hes losst he predictive goal scoring mode. haha but its not really a funny matter he has been poor for a few weeks now.

LOL I was saying EXACTLY the same thing to my bloke earlier, its a copy of Samson & delijlah!
We ought to set up a petition to send to arse.com, Grow back your Locks Ade!

Anyhow how frustrating was that, granted there were opportunities that we should really have scored from, but the refs bad decisions didnt help our cause either.

Watched the post match interview & some good news is that Clichy will be ok just a few stitches.
I aint giving up hope of the title, Us, Utd & Chelski have some tough games ahead too, so hopefully both will drop some points between now & April.

Keep the Faith, this blip has got to end sooner rather than later.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:21 pm

Arsenal v Middlesbrough. - where were you the day we lost the title?

No amount of optimism will cover the fact that we have played shite in 4 premiership games at a critical time of the season, and should have lost at least one, maybe two of them.

We are still level on points with the mancs so its not "technically" over, but if you read body language and fighting spirit its over, and has been for a couple of weeks. We don't have enough veteran players that have been there and done that to grind out results when things aren't going your way, and that showed again today.

We have tons of youngsters blah blah blah, all well and good but the title was ours for the taking.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08