Wigan Vs Arsenal | Premiership 09/03/08

Re: Wigan Vs Arsenal | Premiership 09/03/08

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:46 pm

We deserved nothing out of that game and neither did Wigan, both deserved 0 points rather than 1, it was an awful game.

I will leave Wigan fans to judge there own team but looking at Arsenal that was one of Hlebs worst games since he came to the club and Adebayor was non existent the whole game. Clichy was dissappointedly poor with his passing, the rest of the team (except see below) were just below par.

I will not have a go at them (especially Hleb) as they have been brilliant all season, i am not angry or upset, just dissappointed. We have let it slip for ourselves over the last few weeks and put it into Man Utd hands although this is light years from over and i know we can make it count when it matters the most.

However one positive thing is How Good was Senderos? , I feared like many that his inclusion in the team may compromise us but he has been great so far and despite everyone having a down day i thought he looked downright dependable and was proud to have him in the first team.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:52 pm

im still trying to scrub the shit stains off my boxers from when van persie fell down injured after just coming on lol
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:05 pm

absolutely_fabregas wrote:im still trying to scrub the shit stains off my boxers from when van persie fell down injured after just coming on lol

:lol: :lol: I know what you mean, i was ready to give up on life if he went off but luckily he was ok. That boy needs to toughen up!
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jg282 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:12 pm

I agree with you about Senderos, he was immense, I really felt sorry for him when he lost his confidence, but he is back on form now and I think it can only help us obviously!!
It was disappointing to drop points but all is not lost..Arsespeak has a good old round up here http://arsespeak.wordpress.com/2008/03/ ... -to-wigan/
jg282
Liam Brady

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:55 pm

gilberto is officially past it in my eyes, :( you gotta love the guy for the service he has given us over the years :D , but we need a dynamic midfielder who can run other teams down :~ , and he simply cant compete with any pace at present :cry:

you cant afford to be sentimental at this level :2:

i think alex song should be geting ahead of gilberto in the pecking order now :6:

(this was not based on just tonights match) :18:

if it was we would be getting rid of the whole lot lol :lol:
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Reverend Gooner » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:13 am

absolutely_fabregas wrote:gilberto is officially past it in my eyes, :( you gotta love the guy for the service he has given us over the years :D , but we need a dynamic midfielder who can run other teams down :~ , and he simply cant compete with any pace at present :cry:

you cant afford to be sentimental at this level :2:

i think alex song should be geting ahead of gilberto in the pecking order now :6:

(this was not based on just tonights match) :18:

if it was we would be getting rid of the whole lot lol :lol:

I was going to say the same thing myself but didn't in fear of being too repetitive, however facts are facts and he has to go gracefully at the end of the season and needs to be sidelined until then. Whilst i am not a fan of Song i think he will be more motivated and hence play with more passion than Gilberto who clearly has none left.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ozgooner » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:10 am

we go from dominating at the san siro to that rubbish . very dissapointing effort from the lads . that's all i will say :5: :5: :5:

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Cheese » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:33 pm

Arsenal are like a box of chocolates...

...You never know what you going to f***ing get from them.
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Wigan Vs Arsenal | Premiership 09/03/08

Postby SE13 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:20 pm

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

We drew at Wigan on Sunday and I was asked about the state of the pitch after the game. Of course I would have preferred a better pitch because, frankly, it was a disaster.

The excuse is that Wigan have a rugby team who play on the pitch but having a surface like that is disrespectful for the fans who come and pay money to see the game.

Having said that, Wigan fought very well against us and I don't want to take anything away from their performance.

It was a difficult game for us and we were focused. We prepared ourselves mentally to face a difficult pitch and we still had the chances to win the game. Overall we did what we could and gave everything. We had a serious defensive game and we did not give any chances away.

Unfortunately, as long as we did not score the first goal Wigan did not come out. They jumped off their seats with 0-0 at 90 minutes because they were happy with a point.

Of course it is an anti-climax when you go from Milan to Wigan but we prepared for that. It is normal because there's the glamour of a Champions League game when you play against one of the biggest sides in the world. Then five days later you play against a team who fights not to go down. It is normal.

I don't think that is offending Wigan. It is just the normal life of a team who are going for the Champions League and the Premier League. We have to deal with that, it is not an excuse. We did what we could. We just lacked the spark in the final third, Wigan defended well and Chris Kirkland did the rest.

Thanks for your support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby singaporegooner » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:18 am

As much as we hate it, Wigan's happy with the 1 point earned and we are sulking with 2 points dropped.
Next game is @ the Emirates against Boro(man, i'll never forget the match at Riverside) so the pitch ain't gonna be a problem. The players HAVE GOT TO raise their game and send out a strong signal that our season ain't falling apart and restore the confidence and faith all round.
Besides, we want to stuff Boro for ending our unbeaten record at the Riverside, so its time to get fired up for this match and get back to business!
:1: :1:
In Arsene We Trust!!
Predicitions League 08/09 Winner
singaporegooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08