AC Milan Vs Arsenal | Champions League (2)

Re: AC Milan Vs Arsenal | Champions League (2)

Postby StLGooner » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:16 pm

that was beautiful, I nearly chewed the tips of my fingers off, 4 more minutes they would've been gone. Glad I took off today. :3:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:19 pm

Sniper's Player Ratings

Almunia - Made some good saves, but on the whole, didn't have a huge amount to do. 6.5/10

Sagna - Owned Kaka on a couple of occasions, good going forward, linked well with Eboue. Didn't really put a foot wrong. 7/10

Gallas - Finally acted like a captain tonight. Got stuck in fearlessly, and made sure nobody got past him all night. 8/10

Senderos - Decent performance, but made a few slips early on. Settled well though, and fulfilled his duties adequately. 6.5/10

Clichy - Speedy Gonzalez as usual. Forged an excellent partnership with Diaby, and is just so incredibly comfortable on the ball, even when being put under pressure. 8/10

Eboue - Decent performance, but lost the ball a few times, and will be accused of diving because of his rep, even though he was pulled back. Could do better with crosses, but was a real threat. Should have scored. 6.5/10

CESC - Man of the match. He seems to thrive on these big European nights. The midfield belonged to him. His passing was back to something approaching its best, and to cap it off, he scored a scorcher! 10/10

Flamini - Tackles like a man possessed, and is the guy that the phrase "gets stuck in" was made for. Broke everything down that came anywhere near him, and asserted himself so that Cesc could get forward. 9/10

Diaby - I actually thought he was excellent tonight. He caused the Milan defence all sorts of problems shooting down the left and then cutting inside. He regularly took on more than one man and won. He looked every bit the player Wenger promises us he is tonight. 8/10

Hleb - Was busy all night, and linked up well with Ade. Should have shot more, and was unlucky to get a booking after a legit foul that the ref missed. Sometimes takes a touch too many, but on the whole, he was composed and created space at the edge of the box. I lost count of the number of times he made space for Cesc and Ade to shoot. 7/10

Adebayor - Finally got his European goal, and led the line well on his own up front. Held the ball up beautifully, as we know he can, although he did lose it cheaply a few times. Never stopped running though, and was a serious threat throughout the game. 9/10

(SUB) Walcott - What an impact he made!! I've not seen pace like that since Thierry in his hayday. Not only that, but he kept his feet and plonked in a gorgeous cross for Ade. 8/10

(SUB) Gilberto - Didn't really do anything, as he was only on for about 2 minutes. -----
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby arseman » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:26 pm

Sagna, Clichy and Flamini all deserve 10 imo, how often are players like Kaka made to look as anonymous as he did tonight?
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:28 pm

arseman wrote:Sagna, Clichy and Flamini all deserve 10 imo, how often are players like Kaka made to look as anonymous as he did tonight?

True mate, maybe I have over compensated, because I'm still hyper and could easily have given them all 11/10 :lol:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:47 pm

I agree with all those ratings except I would give Hleb 9 because I thought he was amazing tonight.
He absolutely tortured their defence and they couldn't control him. Brilliant tackling by him as well which is quite unusual.

Diaby I would only have given 6 but maybe I'm being too harsh and basing it on his previous form. Lost the ball a few times in dangerous areas.
Having said that he was MILES better than he has been lately.

Amazing performance from the lads, defended as a team and thoroughly deserved the win.
That was a CL wining performance and especially when you bear in mind:

No English team has won at the San Siro
Milan have the best player in the world on their team
Milan are the champions many times over
We played 4-5-1
Rosicky and RVP did not take part in either leg
Diaby had just returned from injury
Toure was out
Eduardo is out
The whole team were deeply disturbed by his injury and gutted by the draw at Birmingham
We only played 3 days ago and we've played more games than anyone else
Another poor result against Villa
Cesc hasn't scored for ages and hasn't been on scoring form at all
Ade hasn't scored a CL goal for Arsenal
The ref had a f***ing terrible game

Massive massive result. :3:
Last edited by Inchpräctice on Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:55 pm

What a night! im bouncing got a grin on my face that a wet smelly kipper couldnt wipe off!

Ill be honest i wasnt overly confident pre match, was soooo nervous, not so much of Kaka (strangely enough) but the likes of Pirlo & Pato, i would have bitten your hands off for a 1-1 draw to progress on the away goal ruling, but to score 2 & NOT conceed against a team like Milan is truly something else!

The 1st English team to win at the San Siro on not just one but now 2 occasions!
Call this premature but when we went 1-0 up i had visions of our CL run to Paris.

GET IN THERE!

WE LOVE YOU ARSENAL WE DO! WE LOVE YOU ARSENAL WE DO!
WE LOVE YOU ARSENAL WE DO!
OH ARSENAL WE LOVE YOU!
ImageImageImage

edit:
We performed superbly in the 1st leg against Milan, despite not scoring, then tonight we played better, this is the sort of Arsenal performance we should be putting into the league, lets hope tonights performance will continue into the league for one hell of a title close!
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Fabrestuta » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:19 pm

For 5 minutes, the only song you could hear in the mighty San Siro was.......

are you watching?

are you watching?

are you watching Tottemham?

UP THE ARSE!!!
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:29 pm

Fab - I checked in on 606, and I can assure you that they were watching.

Have a look at this....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A33076398

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ahahahahahahahahahaha!! I wonder how that moron is feeling now?

:rolf23:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:51 pm

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:Fab - I checked in on 606, and I can assure you that they were watching.

Have a look at this....

Ha!
Talk about eating your words.
People are ramming them down his throat. What a t**t!
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:53 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:Fab - I checked in on 606, and I can assure you that they were watching.

Have a look at this....

Ha!
Talk about eating your words.
People are ramming them down his throat. What a t**t!

:lol:

That's something you never recover from, surely :lol:

Spud :lol:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:54 pm

i havnt felt that feeling of an arsenal win of that stytle and competion for 2 years it was so good seeing a performance likethat and so rewarding seeing fabs celebration. it just brung back memories of the bernabeu.

P.S and they say liverpool get all the great european nights arsenal have some amazing ones too in recent history. first to win atthe bernabeu first at the san siro domination of juve the incredible 5-1 win to name a few.
Last edited by Bristol_Gunner on Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ozgooner » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:55 pm

wow that is awesome . i couldn't watch the game coz i was at work and couldn't even get on here till now because i was (get ready for it !!!) actually working . i won't read too much of this thread and instead go home crack open a coldie and watch the replay :3:

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:08 am

I don't mean to piss in the vinegar, BUT, I was never quite sold on him, and after tonight I have come to an opinion, Diaby is not an Arsenal player (first team), in fact he was close to earning a "pants" rating tonight. He didn't chase ANY balls, he was never up on the overlap, he has one speed....slow, and he doesn't want to pass when he goes on a run,...in short....why the f**k was he still on the pitch at the end of the game?
He didn't contribute anything to our attack, and before someone screams "for his defensive work", what defensive work? and besides, your wingers aren't supposed to be picked for their defensive ability.

UP THE ARSE
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:13 am

Fabrestuta wrote:I don't mean to piss in the vinegar, BUT, I was never quite sold on him, and after tonight I have come to an opinion, Diaby is not an Arsenal player (first team), in fact he was close to earning a "pants" rating tonight. He didn't chase ANY balls, he was never up on the overlap, he has one speed....slow, and he doesn't want to pass when he goes on a run,...in short....why the f**k was he still on the pitch at the end of the game?
He didn't contribute anything to our attack, and before someone screams "for his defensive work", what defensive work? and besides, your wingers aren't supposed to be picked for their defensive ability.

UP THE ARSE

Dude, are you serious? :0

Diaby was outstanding tonight, his linkup with Clichy was excellent, and he caused them all sorts of problems.

He was one of the players of the match in the first half
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:18 am

Fabrestuta wrote:I don't mean to piss in the vinegar, BUT, I was never quite sold on him, and after tonight I have come to an opinion, Diaby is not an Arsenal player (first team), in fact he was close to earning a "pants" rating tonight. He didn't chase ANY balls, he was never up on the overlap, he has one speed....slow, and he doesn't want to pass when he goes on a run,...in short....why the f**k was he still on the pitch at the end of the game?

UP THE ARSE

Hmmm.... my celebratory chips don't taste so good now... :6:

I didn't think Diaby was great tonight but I thought he was a LOT better than he was in the last few games.
He did make some useful tackles tonight although I agree he's not a brilliant defender.
His ball hogging is still evident and still annoys me. He thinks he's Hleb and clearly he isn't.
You said that he's not a first team Arsenal player. Well no he's not. He's only playing because Rosicky is injured.

I just wonder sometimes if he'll ever get used to playing on the left and also whether it might be worth trying Denilson out for a while instead......?
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08