Birmingham Vs Arsenal | Premiership 23/02/08

Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal | Premiership 23/02/08

Postby cerebralgunner » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:25 pm

We can all sit here and blame the 'defeat' on clichy or on countless missed chances but the real reason for today's result was Mike Dean, the refferee. He had a consistantly poor game like he has been consistantly poor all season. Adebayor's shirt was clearly pulled in the birmingham city penalty area but Mr Dean turned a blind eye. For Birmingham's opening goal he gave a foul in their favour for what seemed like a genuine 50-50 tussle between Flamini and the oppostion player.
However Mike Dean's Defining moment was when he awarded a penalty to Birmingham City in the last few minutes of the game. I have seen Gael Clichy's tackle on Parnaby on countless occasions and Clichy clearly wins the ball and makes no contact whatsoever. What baffles me beyond belief is the position which he is standing in and he cant be certain from where he is standing. Mike Dean has proven time to time that he has not got the capability of officiating at this level so its about time the football assosiation got rid of him.
Thank you very much Mike Dean for the defeat today because from where im standing it certainly feels like one.

THIS IS HLEB-IFIC FOOTBALL!!!
cerebralgunner
Patrick Vieira

Postby tonyrampanttiger » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:28 pm

im off now, to go and get really pissed. please forgive me if i come on later and drunkenly type shite! :14: :14:
tonyrampanttiger
Michael Thomas

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:29 pm

cerebralgunner wrote:We can all sit here and blame the 'defeat' on clichy or on countless missed chances but the real reason for today's result was Mike Dean, the refferee. He had a consistantly poor game like he has been consistantly poor all season. Adebayor's shirt was clearly pulled in the birmingham city penalty area but Mr Dean turned a blind eye. For Birmingham's opening goal he gave a foul in their favour for what seemed like a genuine 50-50 tussle between Flamini and the oppostion player.
However Mike Dean's Defining moment was when he awarded a penalty to Birmingham City in the last few minutes of the game. I have seen Gael Clichy's tackle on Parnaby on countless occasions and Clichy clearly wins the ball and makes no contact whatsoever. What baffles me beyond belief is the position which he is standing in and he cant be certain from where he is standing. Mike Dean has proven time to time that he has not got the capability of officiating at this level so its about time the football assosiation got rid of him.
Thank you very much Mike Dean for the defeat today because from where im standing it certainly feels like one.

I don't usually pull a Neil Warnock and blame refs, but Dein is an absolutely dreadful referee.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:35 pm

tonyrampanttiger wrote:im off now, to go and get really pissed. please forgive me if i come on later and drunkenly type shite! :14: :14:

:lol:

I'm counting on it!
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Trina » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:36 pm

tonyrampanttiger wrote:im off now, to go and get really pissed. please forgive me if i come on later and drunkenly type shite! :14: :14:

I'm sure you won't be the only one :P
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby arseman » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:38 pm

How despicable and repulsive are the muppet mancs on Talksport?

One of them says that if William Gallas wanted to win things he should have stayed at chelsea
Then another compares that 'tackle' today, with Eboue's challenge at Old toilet last week

Go get sodomized by Michael Jackson, you retards.
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby rodney » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:22 pm

arseman wrote:I agree to an extent Rod, but it wasn't just the missed chances, it was the lazy nature of our attacks once we went 2-1 up, As I've already mentioned, once we went in front we didn't have the same urgency that brought us into that position. My viewpoint is that the whole team, not just Clichy, let our opponents back into the game. A game is never safe when you're leading by just one goal.

We went 2-1 up and it was to be expected. We only showed such urgency as we needed the three points and had to get ourselves in front. Once we did, we took the sensible option and took less risks going forward and attacked with plenty of men only when the time was right. We needed a third goal, but at the same time not to risk conceding a second. If it wasn't for poor finishing we would have achieved that.
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby rodney » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:55 pm

cerebralgunner wrote:We can all sit here and blame the 'defeat' on clichy or on countless missed chances but the real reason for today's result was Mike Dean, the refferee. He had a consistantly poor game like he has been consistantly poor all season. Adebayor's shirt was clearly pulled in the birmingham city penalty area but Mr Dean turned a blind eye. For Birmingham's opening goal he gave a foul in their favour for what seemed like a genuine 50-50 tussle between Flamini and the oppostion player.

What an absolutely awful post.

It's fans like you that give gooners a bad name. The ref made a bad decision with the first one I agree, but we were 2-1 up and had a hatful of chances to win the match. Then in the 93rd minute Clichy made a ridiculous error and got the ball and player, had it been at the other end I'd have been screaming penalty.

He didn't have a good game, but he certainly wasn't the reason we lost.
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:59 pm

you cant blame the referee, look at our 1st goal! that type of challenge on the keeper is nearly always given as a foul.

we were playing against 10 men for 80mins, we can only blame ourselves

theres no point in pointing the fingers at players though
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby CLS » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:15 pm

gael fell asleep at a critical time of the game and it turned out to be very costly indeed, players all make mistakes but when defenders do it they pay the price
gael will blame himself but we didnt take our chances hleb could of had 2 if only he wasnt scared to shoot but thats football

there will be other twists untill the end

but the fact is now its back in utd hands and they are the pass master with the experience that we unfortunatly lack and thats what worries me the most
http://www.myspace.com/screema69

"IVE CHANGED MY SIG BUT IN CASE LRL FORGETS I AM
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2006
GOONER IDOL WINNER 2007
CAPTION COMP WINNER 2007 "
CLS
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:40 pm

I'd like to know why Wenger didn't stick with Lehmann? Yes Almunia is our number one, and you shouldn't lose your place through injury, but Jens has been playing well and probably should have started. Personally I feel he would done better for the free kick, not too say I blame Almunia, its just thats 3 times this season I've seen him too far along his line for set pieces, the same thing happened against Liverpool and spuds and he was punished by Gerrard and Bale respectively.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby arseman » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:54 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:I'd like to know why Wenger didn't stick with Lehmann? Yes Almunia is our number one, and you shouldn't lose your place through injury, but Jens has been playing well and probably should have started. Personally I feel he would done better for the free kick, not too say I blame Almunia, its just thats 3 times this season I've seen him too far along his line for set pieces, the same thing happened against Liverpool and spuds and he was punished by Gerrard and Bale respectively.

Who knows, Jens might have saved that penalty (Villareal anyone?). To be fair on Manuel, it seemed like McFadden had taken the free-kick rather quickly, and Manuel was still sorting out the wall when it was struck.
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:59 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:I'd like to know why Wenger didn't stick with Lehmann? Yes Almunia is our number one, and you shouldn't lose your place through injury, but Jens has been playing well and probably should have started. Personally I feel he would done better for the free kick, not too say I blame Almunia, its just thats 3 times this season I've seen him too far along his line for set pieces, the same thing happened against Liverpool and spuds and he was punished by Gerrard and Bale respectively.

The commentators tried to blame Almunia for that free kick but I don't see what he could've done.
When someone puts it in the top corner then it's going in the net.
No-one's arms are long enough to stop those.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby arseman » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:59 pm

This from the AC Milan website http://www.acmilan.com/index.aspx

MILAN - Eduardo Da Silva has broken his left leg in the match against Birmingham today, as reported by the BBC. The Rossoneri's family wishes the Arsenal striker all the best and a quick return to playing.

And they talk about foreigners ruining the English game. Well played Milan, I've always respected and admired them, and more so after this.
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:06 pm

Inchpractice wrote:

The commentators tried to blame Almunia for that free kick but I don't see what he could've done.
When someone puts it in the top corner then it's going in the net.
No-one's arms are long enough to stop those.

Thats fair enough, and maybe he couldn't have don anything about it, but I've noticed quite a few times he relies on his wall way too much and gets caught flat footed. I'm not trying to blame him for the result or anything, I just feel he needs to work on that aspect of his game.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08