Arsenal Vs AC Milan | Champions League (1) 20/02/08

Re: Arsenal Vs AC Milan | Champions League (1) 20/02/08

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:11 pm

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
left right left wrote: will R.V.P be fit???

Will RVP EVER be fit??? :8:

We need to start calling him RIP

Anderton was "sicknote", but van Persie is "death certificate".
Last edited by Fabrestuta on Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:12 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
left right left wrote: will R.V.P be fit???

Will RVP EVER be fit??? :8:

We need to start calling him RIP

:lol:

That's quite sick.....I like it

:lol:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:35 pm

you gotta say eboue put a good shift in tonight

good/frustrating game, every shot was rushed(good defending)

ade misses that chance at the end was annoying

still...

i think as long as we dont panic over there we have a decent chance, man u caved in last year, if we can keep it solid and maybe nick a goal we still gotta chance
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:41 pm

Im absolutley gutted not to have scored tonight from the amount of chances we had especailly with the one that hit the cross bar from Ade, just how damn unlucky was that! but what a game, end to end stuff, with a great tempo and most importantly we matched them, which is very promising considering they are the current holders, also in the 2nd half i honestly think we outplayed them for the majority.
I got a bit nervous when Toure went off in the 7th minute but with all due credit Senderos slipped in effortlessly, he was outstanding tonight. Clichy was amazing too, If that criminal Eboue had not taken the piss when he went down we would have had a pen, but he was clearly looking for it, im sick to death of his theatrics! Wenger needs to be having a word. He spoilt a good performance with his stupidity there.

Apparently no English team has won at the San Siro against Milan, we have won there before against Inter & well no English team won at the Bernabau either,.....until we got there. ;)
Plus we kept a clean sheet which could be crucial, should it be 1-1 in the return leg.

I Cant wait for the next meeting! and im sure we will play just as well as we did tonight.

BRING IT ON! :cool:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:48 pm

She_Gunner_Wales wrote: If that criminal Eboue had not taken the piss when he went down we would have had a pen, but he was clearly looking for it, im sick to death of his theatrics! Wenger needs to be having a word. He spoilt a good performance with his stupidity there.

it wasnt a penalty, and if it was anyone else other than eboue, you prob wouldnt have slagged him

dont mean to be confrontational, with that, just pissed off like everyone else here :(
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:52 pm

absolutely_fabregas wrote:
She_Gunner_Wales wrote: If that criminal Eboue had not taken the piss when he went down we would have had a pen, but he was clearly looking for it, im sick to death of his theatrics! Wenger needs to be having a word. He spoilt a good performance with his stupidity there.

it wasnt a penalty, and if it was anyone else other than eboue, you prob wouldnt have slagged him

dont mean to be confrontational, with that, just pissed off like everyone else here :(

Eboue didn't over act, he did what a lot of players would do and go down easily, but I have a feeling his reputation may be getting ahead of him. If that was another player I don't think he would have been booked. Not saying he's a famous diver all over Europe, but refs watch tape of players before they take charge of a match.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:04 pm

absolutely_fabregas wrote:

dont mean to be confrontational,
with that, just pissed off like everyone else here :(

No probs hun, like i said he had a good night but ruined it with making a meal out of the foul, there was contact, even if it was slight, and the law to the book is a foul inside the box is a pen. I'm not saying it was a stone cold pen, but i do think had he not called for it as such & not gone down like he did or rolled about like he'd been shot then the ref would have called it, and no i wouldnt have slagged him off had he not done his oscar performance, but i am getting increasingly frustrated with his 'acting'...he's a good player but he seriously has to cut this behavious out of his game.

Still chins up, i know its a gutting result but at the same time they have no away goal.

WE CAN DO THIS!
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:07 pm

By the way, I wasn't defending Eboue for going down easily, because he did, but it was close enough that it wasn't a yellow card.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby StLGooner » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:11 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:By the way, I wasn't defending Eboue for going down easily, because he did, but it was close enough that it wasn't a yellow card.

it looked like he possibly could of had his toe stepped on, but he probably could've stayed up still. He had a decent game, got into some good positions, had a ok shot at goal, just a bit wide.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:18 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:By the way, I wasn't defending Eboue for going down easily, because he did, but it was close enough that it wasn't a yellow card.

it looked like he possibly could of had his toe stepped on, but he probably could've stayed up still. He had a decent game, got into some good positions, had a ok shot at goal, just a bit wide.

Exactly! At first you think "not again", but there was contact, and although he went down easily we've seen penalties given for less, so he shouldn't have been booked.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:18 pm

ChVint22 wrote:

there was an angle which clearly showed jankulovskis(sp) knee hit eboues, it would have been a soft penalty, but had it been outside the box and the ref had a better angle its probably gonna be given as a free kick

the ref had a terrible view of it, he had a player in front of him, then the milan defender making the tackle as well blocking the incident, so how he can book eboue is beyond me!!

i wish eduardo was pushed up top a bit more, im sure if he was up there for a full game he would get one or two opportunities, although there was that one late on where he hit the corner flag from the edge of the box :emb:
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:03 am

theirs so many if buts and maybes about tonight which is annoying. i think the most annoying for me was seeing adebayors bad pass to Eduardo or his header that his the bar. also i feel walcott could of been brought on earlier
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Gunflash » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:36 am

I hope we don't come to regret Adebayor's sitter right at the end. He should have jumped and headed it downwards. AC Milan came for a 0-0 draw and they got it. They didn't pose much threat going forward but Toure going off is a big worry. Look at it this way. We've got to go to the San Siro and treat the game like a cup final. And AC Milan will be wary of conceding an away goal but they are European experts and it'll be hard for us but going into the away leg at 0-0 is hardly a disaster. The away leg will be the acid test of whether we're ready to win the Champions League.
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Fordy » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:16 am

Not a bad performance from what i have seen and i really do fancy arsenal to go through and i don't say that very often in these situations.

Now back to my Eboue bashing lol for once he did actually get fouled but because of how he went down he still managed to come out of it the bad guy he is a joke and embarrassing to Arsenal.
Fordy

Postby arseman » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:03 am

Just watching the highlights, Hleb really should've taken the shot instead of passing to an offside Adebayor there.
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08