Man Utd Vs Arsenal | FA Cup 16/02/08

Re: Manchester United 4 Arsenal 0 FA Cup ( Shocking)

Postby zawdon » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:41 pm

it wasn't traore's fault.. it was the FRICKING WHOLE TEAM!! where was gilberto? hleb? eduardo? fabregas?

they all look like they play for sunderland or something!! gallas was shockingly rubbish also!
zawdon
Patrick Vieira

Re: WHAT THE ****???!!!!

Postby zawdon » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:43 pm

gooner_peter wrote:i bet you wont be complaining if fabregas, hleb, eduardo and gallas had ON days on wednesday night.

my point is how can so many players have an off day at the same time!! esp against an arch rival! they should be raring to go!!
zawdon
Patrick Vieira

Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal | FA Cup 16/02/08

Postby ScottishLass » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:45 pm

left right left wrote:INJURED!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

come on SL. you dont play like a mad man trying to score 3 goals in 25 mins if you r injured!!! thats a very poor excuse ... and its a fact they will all start against milan INJURED or not

Then we'll get pumped vs milan then wont we? .. Your first part of that post makes no sense atall.. typical :)
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:45 pm

As Goonersworld eternal optimist Hells would say, its only one game and we have to forget it. Most of us knew deep down we were going out today, but we have to get over this drubbing quickly and focus on whats really important.....winning the title at Old Trafford again.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Yorkyblue » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:47 pm

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:So Jon, Suddenly Utd are a bag of shite because you beat them? :roll:

I suppose it gets boring with how often we beat them in their cup final. :lol:
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ScottishLass » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:47 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:As Goonersworld eternal optimist Hells would say, its only one game and we have to forget it. Most of us knew deep down we were going out today, but we have to get over this drubbing quickly and focus on whats really important.....winning the title at Old Trafford again.

I couldnt agree any more with you :)
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby left right left » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:51 pm

ScottishLass wrote:
left right left wrote:INJURED!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

come on SL. you dont play like a mad man trying to score 3 goals in 25 mins if you r injured!!! thats a very poor excuse ... and its a fact they will all start against milan INJURED or not

Then we'll get pumped vs milan then wont we? .. Your first part of that post makes no sense atall.. typical :)

RIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT...........!!!

:134: :134: :134: :134: :134: :134: :134:
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby FS Gooner » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:53 pm

It came down to the Defence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toure, looked tired from comming back frrom Africa.
Gallas, wasn't happy you could see it
Eboue, looked tired abit from Africa
Hoyte, really didn't get going, gavin his bro would've done better.
traore, Omg do not get me started on this fella, he just can't defend and has no positional sense whats so ever, United knew this.

Sederous is on form, he should've been in there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by FS Gooner on Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FS Gooner
Liam Brady

Re: Manchester United 4 Arsenal 0 FA Cup ( Shocking)

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:54 pm

FS Gooner wrote: Can they play any worse ??? I told you lot about that Traore, should've sold him long time ago, once again he cost us with his defensive skills.

In all fairness Traore is only 18yrs old, he has plenty of potential but is clearly not the finished article.

FS Gooner wrote:I really think Wenger wanted to be out of the FA and Carling now, he must be playing it like that because he knows he has the league and Champions league

That ^^ I do agree with.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:59 pm

ScottishLass wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:As Goonersworld eternal optimist Hells would say, its only one game and we have to forget it. Most of us knew deep down we were going out today, but we have to get over this drubbing quickly and focus on whats really important.....winning the title at Old Trafford again.

I couldnt agree any more with you :)

lmao well i supppose i am, im rarely the opposite, but tbh i did say earlier in the week on this thread i wasnt convinced we would win, but hey, the games over no point crying over spilt milk we got bigger fish to fry. ;)
Dust ourselves down, regroup & get on with it!

COME ON THE ARSENAL!
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:15 pm

Wengers interview after the game.

SKY SPORTS
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:31 pm

I don't agree with people who blame Wenger for that result.
We had 12 players injured so who else was he supposed to play?
Even if he'd started with Adebayor (who was injured remember) we would still have lost because Utd wanted this result ten times more than we did.

History has told that any team that tries to win every single competition they enter by playing their first team for every game will invariably come out with nothing due to fatigue and injuries.
Last season AW said that he "should have sacrificed the FA cup" during the week that we got knocked out of 3 competitions and this year he has made every effort to avoid making the same mistake again.
He should be applauded for that imo.
It's all very well getting angry about the result but can you imagine what would've happened if he'd played Ade from the start and Vidic had kicked him to death and injured him?
Our Prem season would be over.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:37 pm

I just watched Fergies interview too, and i was actually suprised, he looked very non-comprende, as if he's not overly pleased he beat us, no doubt he is but his reactions in front of the sky interviewer was ...well a bit strange.
He was also asked about Nani & that Arsenal have complained about the showboating, to which he replied i will be having a word with him, that was uncalled for & we dont want to annoy other teams. :0

f**k has fergie had too much whiskey already? or is he starting to mellow a bit in his old age!? :6:

EDIT**

Inchpractice wrote:It's all very well getting angry about the result but can you imagine what would've happened if he'd played Ade from the start and Vidic had kicked him to death and injured him?
Our Prem season would be over.

Your spot on there. :1:

I reckon that was also Fergie tactic with not playing twinkle toes, but according to his interview he got the shits! :lol: :lol: :lol:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Gunflash » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:01 am

That was the worst, the most spineless Arsenal performance I've seen this season. It was utterly embarrasing watching it. If it wasn't for Lehmann it could have been worse than 4-0. The team was so flat. They weren't working hard, especially in midfield. There was no fire or spirit about the team. Toure and Gallas were all over the show and acting like total strangers. I can only recall Hleb's shot that was blocked by Evra and Eduardo's header that went over as our only half-decent moves going forward. But Hoyte and Traore were so bad it was untrue. Sagna and Clichy both have the pace and the know-how to execute their defensive and attacking responsibilities with vigour. There was absolutely nothing in Arsenal's performance. It was excruciating. One can only hope that the defeat was an aberration. We had a positive response after losing to Spurs and we bloody well need another one now.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:07 am

it was almost like we werent watching arsenal it was surreal, the passing was shocking, mentally we were not there

id imagine fergie will use same tactics in the league, with ronaldo and hargreaves coming in for carrick and park

the next two games are crucial for us, milan obviously, and birmingham will be a tricky place to go especially if we have a european hangover and carrying niggles
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08