Postby SE13 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:35 pm

The FA Cup

Manchester United Vs ARSENAL

ImageImage

Saturday 16th February 2008

5:15pm

Live on BBC1

Old Trafford

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal | FA Cup 16/02/08

Postby Cheese » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:48 pm

Ivorian duo in contention for Old Trafford tie

Kolo Toure and Emmanuel Eboue are in contention for Saturday's FA Cup tie at Manchester United.

The Ivorian duo returned from the Africa Cup of Nations on Monday and are due to report for training today. Neither Toure or Eboue played in their country's final game in Ghana, the third and fourth place play-off against the hosts on Saturday, but they could feature at Old Trafford.

Arsène Wenger admitted before the Blackburn game that he was down to the "bare bones" thanks to injuries and international commitments. Manuel Almunia, Abou Diaby, Tomas Rosicky, Robin van Persie, Denilson and Johan Djourou were all sidelined for Arsenal’s 2-0 victory but Rosicky could return at the weekend.

"Kolo and Eboue came back today [Monday] so we hope to see them tomorrow to see if they're not injured," said Wenger at his post-match press conference.

"Rosicky, he looks better. Van Persie looks better, but he is still a few weeks away. But Rosicky maybe has a little chance for Saturday."

© Arsenal.com
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ScottishLass » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:52 pm

All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:
Van Persie looks better, but he is still a few weeks away.

© Arsenal.com

ermm.. whats going on?
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:16 pm

ScottishLass wrote:
All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:

© Arsenal.com

ermm.. whats going on?

ermm....what do you mean...?
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Cheese » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:16 pm

ScottishLass wrote:
All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:

© Arsenal.com

ermm.. whats going on?

I don't think even Arsene knows what's going on with Van Persie now.

All i know is he is back in training but i don't think it's full training.

It looks like Arsene doesn't want to rush him back, helped by the good form of Adebayor and Eduardo.

Surely he has to be back before next weeks games though? You would think so anyway.
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ScottishLass » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:28 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
ScottishLass wrote:
All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:

© Arsenal.com

ermm.. whats going on?

ermm....what do you mean...?

Meaning it was said that he was days away from full training now hes saying hes a few weeks away...
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby arseman » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:30 pm

We really could do with a win in this game, not just for the chance to win the FA cup, but for some bragging rights and a major confidence boost going into the rest of the league games. If I had to choose between winning this game or winning the Milan tie, I'd go for this one anyday.
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Cheese » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:42 pm

arseman wrote:We really could do with a win in this game, not just for the chance to win the FA cup, but for some bragging rights and a major confidence boost going into the rest of the league games. If I had to choose between winning this game or winning the Milan tie, I'd go for this one anyday.

You have echoed what i have been saying.

Although i would put Champions League ahead of the FA Cup i actually put winning against Man Utd on Saturday ahead of Beating AC Milan and making it through to the next round.

Although if we was to lose this game i don't think it would affect us that much, i think the players want the big one, the Premier League that is whats more important to them.
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby rachel83 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:47 pm

All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:
arseman wrote:We really could do with a win in this game, not just for the chance to win the FA cup, but for some bragging rights and a major confidence boost going into the rest of the league games. If I had to choose between winning this game or winning the Milan tie, I'd go for this one anyday.

Although i would put Champions League ahead of the FA Cup i actually put winning against Man Utd on Saturday ahead of Beating AC Milan and making it through to the next round.

Although if we was to lose this game i don't think it would affect us that much, i think the players want the big one, the Premier League that is whats more important to them.

My thougts exactly. If we had to lose one, I'd rather lose to Milan than ManU any day.
rachel83
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:27 pm

rachel83 wrote:
All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:

My thougts exactly. If we had to lose one, I'd rather lose to Milan than ManU any day.

id prefer champs league tbh
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby rachel83 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:33 pm

absolutely_fabregas wrote:
rachel83 wrote:
All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:

id prefer champs league tbh

Me too, but I'd rather not lose to ManU :~
rachel83
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:33 pm

ScottishLass wrote:Meaning it was said that he was days away from full training now hes saying hes a few weeks away...

Yeah that's right.
He's days away from full training but weeks away from being match sharp.
Especially sharp enough to replace Eduardo.

Personally I'd rather beat Milan than Utd.
If we lose to Utd we will want revenge in the Prem, but we've never played Milan so it would be amazing to beat them and I think we can do it over 2 legs.
Much rather have the CL than the FA cup.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby arseman » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:36 pm

absolutely_fabregas wrote:id prefer champs league tbh

Normally I would too, but in this case when considering the opposition, I'd love to knock Man U out, on their own turf.
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby tez williams » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:31 pm

i agree matey do you no what pubs we drink in at old trafford
tez williams
Liam Brady

Postby tez williams » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:33 pm

ScottishLass wrote:
All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:

© Arsenal.com

ermm.. whats going on?
not a lot but we are top of the leage and going to knock them utd scum out of the fa cup
tez williams
Liam Brady

Next

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08