Man Utd Vs Arsenal | FA Cup 16/02/08

Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal | FA Cup 16/02/08

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:34 am

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:I just watched Fergies interview too, and i was actually suprised, he looked very non-comprende, as if he's not overly pleased he beat us, no doubt he is but his reactions in front of the sky interviewer was ...well a bit strange.
He was also asked about Nani & that Arsenal have complained about the showboating, to which he replied i will be having a word with him, that was uncalled for & we dont want to annoy other teams. :0

f**k has fergie had too much whiskey already? or is he starting to mellow a bit in his old age!? :6:

EDIT**

Inchpractice wrote:It's all very well getting angry about the result but can you imagine what would've happened if he'd played Ade from the start and Vidic had kicked him to death and injured him?
Our Prem season would be over.

Your spot on there. :1:

I reckon that was also Fergie tactic with not playing twinkle toes, but according to his interview he got the shits! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah I watched that interview too.
At first I couldn't believe that he agreed about Nani's showboating and then I couldn't believe that he told the world that Ronaldo had the shits!
Talk about too much information! :0 :lol:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby niko197 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:43 am

i can only say that our strikers worked their ass off, and the rest of the team was really poor! :cry:
bendtner was winning jumps, and tryed to keep the ball, eduardo was all over the field, and they were fighting! respect
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:15 am

niko197 wrote:i can only say that our strikers worked their ass off, and the rest of the team was really poor! :cry:
bendtner was winning jumps, and tryed to keep the ball, eduardo was all over the field, and they were fighting! respect

i agree about the work rate

but when adebayor came on he looked more threatning than bendtner did in the whole game
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby StLGooner » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:24 am

absolutely_fabregas wrote:
niko197 wrote:i can only say that our strikers worked their ass off, and the rest of the team was really poor! :cry:

i agree about the work rate

but when adebayor came on he looked more threatning than bendtner did in the whole game

except for when he took a blatant dive. Thats the 2nd one in as many games, I hope he don't start doing that shite on a regular basis. I guess he has been watching Ronaldo
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby rodney » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:38 pm

f***ing shite day. Saw the line up and was glad to see Cesc in the team and the rest was pretty much as I expected, although Wenger went with a 4-5-1 and god knows how many more performances it will take him to realise that formation doesn't work.

I can't be bothered to write a long report. We were so shite and don't deserve my time to be honest.

Predator was absolutely immense in midfield for United whereas Gilberto was horseshite for us. Cesc had a nightmare game every pass went nowhere. Bendtner won f**k all. Hleb was anonymous and Eboue was shit.

Hoyte and Traore were so bad it beggered belief. Thats where we lost the game as down the wings we were over run. The difference in quality between some of the first choice players and the back ups is too much. Lehmann did alright, but that could be his last game for the club and his distribution at times showed why I feel it's time he moved on anyway.

Disgraceful dive from Ade when he came on. Eboue f**k knows what he did, but he is a tempermental c*** and probably hit Nani. He has deserved to go off a few times this season so couldn't give a shtie to be honest. Eddy didn't have a bad game considering he was playing out of position, but we were missing too many players today and when United can bring in £34 million pounds Nani and Anderson and £20 million Carrick into midfield then you're going to find it tough.

The first goal was poor defending, as no one picked up Predator and it should have been properly cleared anyway. Second was disasterous defending from Hoyte who should have got a lot closer to Nani instead gave him time to pick out Fletcher. Third was awful from Kolo and Gallas who you could really tell hadn't played with each other for a while. The fourth f**k knows. I was top tier of the other end and will need to see it again. Just sumed up a complete shitehole of a day.

Well done to Flamini, Ade, Big Phil and Jens who actually came and applauded those of us that stayed till the end. Some of the players walked away and after such a shite performance should have clapped us off, as we were the ones that never stopped singing.

United deserved the win and I'll let them have their day like the yids, but when we take their title in May I'll have the last laugh.

Will also add I remember posting in a thread earlier on in the season criticising how awful the reserve players were. A fair few members said it was stupid to get on their backs and it was a nothing game. How wrong you were. I said at the time how vital they would be. They've not cost us two cup competitions.
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:40 pm

I agree with most of your points rodney, but Bendtner actually won 90% of the balls into him. There was just nobody around to distribute to
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Windass10 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:56 am

We lost gutted indeed of course, but people cant say Rooney is overatted well he showed what a good player he is and turned it on v us, Anyway's as for Nani showboating nothing wrong in that every player does it time to time.
We lost fair and square but we cant let this affect our bealief in the team.
Windass10
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:43 am

Windass10 wrote:We lost gutted indeed of course, but people cant say Rooney is overatted well he showed what a good player he is and turned it on v us, Anyway's as for Nani showboating nothing wrong in that every player does it time to time.

Not according to SAF himself.

As for Rooney he has done jack shit all year, but ups his game to face us, yes i still think he is vastly overrated if he was as good as you say then he would be putting in those type of performances every week not just once in a blue moon.

Im not saying he's shit, but he definatley not the best at utd, id go as far to say that tevez is better atm.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Windass10 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:22 pm

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:
Windass10 wrote:We lost gutted indeed of course, but people cant say Rooney is overatted well he showed what a good player he is and turned it on v us, Anyway's as for Nani showboating nothing wrong in that every player does it time to time.

Not according to SAF himself.

As for Rooney he has done jack shit all year, but ups his game to face us, yes i still think he is vastly overrated if he was as good as you say then he would be putting in those type of performances every week not just once in a blue moon.

Im not saying he's shit, but he definatley not the best at utd, id go as far to say that tevez is better atm.

Food point made SGW, Rooney is talented but this season he aint shown much agreed. But he always does it against us.
As for showboating I used to love the days of Henry doing it, its part of being a fan for me comes with the package.
My brother who plays for Halifax Town he likes to showboat in some games if his teams walking the game its a pleasure to see skills, back to the game point its happend and lets move forward now and see what the seaso brings. I am in for a roasting at work today by the man u fan but bring them on lol.
Windass10
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:14 pm

for all the praise rooney got against us, he only scored that shitty header, that my grandma with her dodgy ankle could have nodded in
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Man Utd Vs Arsenal | FA Cup 16/02/08

Postby SE13 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:13 pm

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

Positive points are difficult to find from Saturday's FA Cup defeat against Manchester United because overall we were not up to the level of our normal game. We know that and the players know that as well. In fact, the only positive I can think of is that we do not have any new injuries.

The talking points at Old Trafford included Emmanuel Eboue's sending off which looked a bit harsh from my position. The game was over after the red card and maybe even before that because we never looked like we could come back.

Then there was Nani's ball-juggling which I thought was a little bit disrespectful. He had a very good game on Saturday but that was not needed. But it can happen to a young player.

I didn't really have serious thoughts about the treble but you try and make a choice as late as you can. Saturday was difficult to swallow for the players because it looked like we did not have the physical resources to come back into the game.

At the moment our cup defeats are unbelievable. When we lose in the cup we get a hiding. We don't concede in the League but when we do concede we do it well! Either way we need to recover quickly because we need to be at our best to beat Milan.

As for the rest of the season, the targets in front of us are very clear. They are the Premier League and the Champions League. We are not in a position where we have to make a choice. We just have balanced fixtures now and we need to pick ourselves up quickly because we have a massive game on Wednesday.

Of course we are back at Old Trafford in April for the Premier League game and you will see a different Arsenal team then. We will be in a different shape when our injuries clear up and I hope the pitch will be in a different shape as well.

Thanks for your support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Windass10 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:24 am

absolutely_fabregas wrote:for all the praise rooney got against us, he only scored that shitty header, that my grandma with her dodgy ankle could have nodded in

Sorry to say here? what game was you watching Rooney by far was the man of the match? he ran gallas and toure allover the park they couldnt cope with him.
Windass10
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:39 am

Of course we are back at Old Trafford in April for the Premier League game and you will see a different Arsenal team then. We will be in a different shape when our injuries clear up and I hope the pitch will be in a different shape as well.

I liked this bit of Wengers supporters amail :lol:
I can just picture Wenger giving a wry smirk on that last sentence! :lol:

After reading it the other day though i do get the impression that he wanted to go out somewhat, i think we all knew that pre-match anyway from the starting xi, oh well on the bright side at least now we dont need to worry as much about fixture congestion, lets just hope & pray we go far in the champions league & bring the title back to London.

And i agree i think the prem fixture at old traff will be a tottally different affair, we will want revenge!! And to show the world that utd cant own us every game. ;)
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:01 am

Windass10 wrote:
absolutely_fabregas wrote:for all the praise rooney got against us, he only scored that shitty header, that my grandma with her dodgy ankle could have nodded in

Sorry to say here? what game was you watching Rooney by far was the man of the match? he ran gallas and toure allover the park they couldnt cope with him.

i didnt say he didnt/wasnt

Plus i dont want to get into a debate about it, but most of his runs were right through the middle when toure and gallas had gone walkabout, so although it looked like he was "running them ragged" id say it was more them being out of postition-being dragged out to cover he full backs, than anything he did. The passing from carrick,fletcher and nani was pinpoint, i have to say.

Did he play his position well? yes of course he did, never gave up a lost cause and kept running the whole time he was on, but you have to say for a "world class" forward he had 2 or 3 chances he should have put away.

Manu's tactics were to stretch the game wide then slip rooney in when the defence was stretched, it worked with ease, and was pretty much shocking to watch us play in such a way

I'd say nani, anderson or fletcher should have got motm, but can understand why rooney got it, its often the case that the forward or bigger name player gets the edge in votes like that.

Thats my view, so dont be a knob about it windass, we are all entitled to our own views
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby arseman » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:08 am

Can we stop talking about Saturdays horror show? We've got a game against the 7-times European champions tomorrow, I'd prefer to look ahead to that one. :cool:
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08