Arsenal Vs Blackburn | Premiership 11/02/08

Arsenal Vs Blackburn | Premiership 11/02/08

Postby SE13 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:13 pm

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

It was a very good weekend for us because we were under pressure to take advantage of the situation after Sunday's results but we did it.

We had a good start against Blackburn, with a good drive, going forward for the first 20 minutes, and we scored an early goal. But the second goal didn't come and then Blackburn came back into the game in the last 20 minutes of the first half.

In the second half I feel we controlled the game and Brad Friedel kept them in it. We were slightly caught between not wanting to make a defensive mistake and pushing for the second goal so that's why I believe we missed something going forward. But then we scored that goal in the last minute.

Emmanuel Adebayor scored yet again but I believe all our strikers benefit from our outstanding teamwork. It's not a coincidence that strikers who play here score goals because everybody goes forward, everybody gives you good balls and the team feeds you when you're a good striker. Here you get quite good food!

I played Fabregas on the right because I had no real choice. Cesc was in bed for three days and, credit to him, not only did he play but he played in a different position. That shows you how much these players are up for it.

We have always had the belief from the first day onwards but there is still a long way to go in the title race even though we have a five-point advantage. You could see again on Monday night and over the weekend that teams can drop points if they are not at their best.

We still have 12 games but we are in a good position and we believe we can do it. However we are not fools, we know it's far from being over and we will have to fight until the last minute of the championship, certainly. We have a hard programme in front of us like everybody else.

I don't want my team to focus on the difference between us and the rest, I want them to focus on strengthening our lead and going into every game to keep that momentum going. We need to assert our authority and play like real challengers.

The pressure will grow but I feel we have handled the pressure very well all season. For example last week we played first, at Man City, and we won. This week we played last and we won as well. So in all the different kind of situations we faced we came up with the right result.

Thanks for your support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn | Premiership 11/02/08

Postby ozgooner » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:20 am

good win hey , i would have liked to get the second goal a little earlier but oh well . best on ground for me was of course hleb , but i thought sagna had an outstanding game as well ;)

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:37 am

Does anyone know why the crowd were booing Bentley?
Didn't really understand that...
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:56 am

because he is a cocky wee dick?

because he refused to play for the u21s last year? did he not get booed at most gounds for that reason?

because the media are over hyping him at the minute, ie he played average against switzerland if you ask me, actually look how much he got of the ball, and how many successful cosses/passes he made, he might of created a move which someone scored i cant remember tbh, but overall he was average. i was watching it with a manc who is basically gay with beckham so he was focussed on bentley the whole game, and subsequently i was at times too.
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:33 am

Oh yeah I'd forgotten about the U21 thing.
None of the other reasons warrant a booing imo.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Subtitles for Adebayor

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:38 pm

Someone has taken the time and trouble to provide subtitles for the interview with Adebayor:

http://arseblog.com/columns/2008/02/12/ ... sy-part-2/
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Re: Subtitles for Adebayor

Postby Cheese » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:57 pm

Inchpractice wrote:Oh yeah I'd forgotten about the U21 thing.

I didn't like the fact Bentley got booed, so what he left Arsenal... He's a better player for it,

Inchpractice wrote:Someone has taken the time and trouble to provide subtitles for the interview with Adebayor:

lol that was good.
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby rodney » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:58 pm

All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:Oh yeah I'd forgotten about the U21 thing.

I didn't like the fact Bentley got booed, so what he left Arsenal... He's a better player for it,

Inchpractice wrote:Someone has taken the time and trouble to provide subtitles for the interview with Adebayor:

lol that was good.

The fact he claimed he didn't like Arsenal supporters and he was a boyhood Spurs fan didn't piss you off?

Called him a w***er and booed him when he came over for the corner. Not really bothered to be honest, but I'm all for gooners abusing him and any other players to be honest. Anything to add to the atmosphere.
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:30 pm

rodney wrote:
All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:The fact he claimed he didn't like Arsenal supporters and he was a boyhood Spurs fan didn't piss you off?

Called him a w***er and booed him when he came over for the corner. Not really bothered to be honest, but I'm all for gooners abusing him and any other players to be honest. Anything to add to the atmosphere.

The fact he claimed he didn't like Arsenal supporters was probably reported in The Sun or by Sky Sports so I'll take that with a pinch of salt anyway.
The fact that he was a boyhood Spurs fan is fairly meaningless as he joined us when he was about 12 or something so he was probably an Arsenal player for longer than he was a Spurs fan.
Besides he's playing well for England and it's a bit hypocritical to cheer him on for England and then boo him when he plays for Blackburn (if you do cheer him for England that is).
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby rodney » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:43 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
The fact he claimed he didn't like Arsenal supporters was probably reported in The Sun or by Sky Sports so I'll take that with a pinch of salt anyway.
The fact that he was a boyhood Spurs fan is fairly meaningless as he joined us when he was about 12 or something so he was probably an Arsenal player for longer than he was a Spurs fan.
Besides he's playing well for England and it's a bit hypocritical to cheer him on for England and then boo him when he plays for Blackburn (if you do cheer him for England that is).

Yeah it probably was, but from the attitude the lad has it wouldn't suprise me if it was true. Once a *** always a ***.

I certainly don't cheer him or any of the other players on who play for England. If they're a gooner then I'm 100% behind them. Unfortunately the likelyhood of an English Arsenal player in the England team looks very unlikely.
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Cheese » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:20 am

All interviews i have seen of him he hasn't said anything bad about Arsenal supporters or the club.

As for dropping out of the England u-21's, i was pissed of at him and said he shouldn't play for England again, however he has improved greatly and his place in England is deserved, he actually shows more passion than most players out there.
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Swifty » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:24 am

rodney wrote:
Yeah it probably was, but from the attitude the lad has it wouldn't suprise me if it was true. Once a *** always a ***.

I certainly don't cheer him or any of the other players on who play for England. If they're a gooner then I'm 100% behind them. Unfortunately the likelyhood of an English Arsenal player in the England team looks very unlikely.

Cough! ALMUNIA!cough! cough!
Swifty
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08