Arsenal Vs Newcastle | FA Cup R4 26/01/08

Re: Arsenal Vs Newcastle | FA Cup R4 26/01/08

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:05 pm

I only just got home.

I know Ade got the first two, who got the last one?

And how did we play?
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby CLS » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:15 pm

NICKY BUTT OWN GOAL

WELL DONE BOYS
http://www.myspace.com/screema69

"IVE CHANGED MY SIG BUT IN CASE LRL FORGETS I AM
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2006
GOONER IDOL WINNER 2007
CAPTION COMP WINNER 2007 "
CLS
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby niko197 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:19 pm

I missed the game, i heard that we were good in second half. who was the best? isaw on bbc that adebayor, eduardo and fabregas were the best. True??
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby rvtheace » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:22 pm

Superb stuff. We didn't quite get our flow back, but played well enough to win. And with the likes of Ade and Dudu up front, the goals will always come. Let's hope we can do them again on Tuesday.

C'mon ARSENAL!
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Swifty » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:34 pm

Well done the lads, special thanks to Ade sounds like he was back in the zone. :3: :3: :3: :3: :3:
Swifty
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:05 pm

Just got back from the game.
Really enjoyed singing at the end:
There's only ooooooooooooone Kevin Keegan,
There's only ooooooooooone Kevin Keegan.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:27 pm

What can you say?
Talk about a game of two halves.
We seemed to be still hungover from Tuesday in the first half, but the second half told a different story.

Adebayor (surely becoming one of the most lethal strikers in the Premiership) ran the show with two goals that even Monsieur Henry would have been proud of. People have berated his lack of control in the past. I would say to those people "watch those two goals, and the footwork which saw him nearly bag a third".

Eduardo looked very lively, and was in the thick of everything. He seems to play better with Ade as a strike partner.

Clichy was on fire, and showing that he has been picking up a few crossing tips from David Beckham.

Senderos played well :0 Very well in fact. I know, I had to pinch myself too :lol:

Interesting that Le Prof chose to go with Lehmann between the sticks. I can only assume that he is using Jens as a "cup keeper" in much the same way he did with Almunia a few seasons back. I bet Manuel is loving that ;)

The only real blot on the copybook was Rosicky's injury. Seems we may have another brittle player here, which is a shame because he is world class.

I want the spuds in the next round, but they're playing United tomorrow, so never mind eh? :19: :lol:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:46 am

watchd it on sumr andom arab dodgy channel

2nd half we weree good, clichy was good, i thought diaby played well as well
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Trina » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:03 am

Still haven't got to see this yet....So I will be watching MOTD :6: I always end up frustrated after watching the programme though :lol:
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Cheese » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:17 am

Well pleased with that result.

Same again Tuesday please Arsenal.

The first half was forgetful, key point were Rocisky being taken of and replaced by Eduardo, any news on Tommy's injury?

Second half was great it really opened up which played right into our hands.

Adebayor's two goals proved he is fully focused and committed to Arsenal. (I hope Bendtner was watching!)

My MOTM was Gallas, he was superb throughout the game.

Thought Cesc and Flam wasn't at full strenth but still managed to control their midfield to a point.

Lehmann gave me no hart attacks so it's all good.

I have to say i was very impressed with N'Zogbia for Newcastle, he seemed to be here, there and everywhere.

Can't wait for Tuesday night, it's a must 3 points but i have full faith in the Gunners to grab them.
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Cheese » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:25 am

Arsene...

on a win that Arsenal needed ...
"I need always to win because I want to win, but this team has done extremely well since the start of the season and I was quite confident - I was not worried at all before the game, I must tell you. We played against a good Newcastle side who started strong and they created some chances at the start and slowly took control of the game. In the second half it was completely controlled by us and we won in the end - I felt the second goal killed Newcastle. Overall it was a difficult game. "

on the importance of the first goal...
"Well it was a game where the first goal had a big impact on the result. We scored when we were in control of the game, and that of course was mentally difficult to solve by Newcastle because they knew then it would be difficult. If they had scored in the first half, that certainly would have given them more belief. We scored when we were already in control of the game."

on sticking with Walcott...
"Yes of course because I feel at the moment he needs that. You see as well, for example, Theo Walcott, the way he started the game and the way he finished the game, that he grew in the game. He slowly found confidence. Sometimes when a player feels he had not a good game, when you can, you can give him another game to show him as well that you believe in him."

on further talk of Adebayor's incident with Bendtner...
"Frankly, he has played football, they have all played football. In what team does that kind of incident not happen? You are surprised that a country with such a history in the game makes so much of that, but I can understand it as well because maybe it is something to talk about. But it has happened, in every team it happens that there are disagreements."

Courtesy of Arsenal.com
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Arsenal Vs Newcastle | FA Cup R4 26/01/08

Postby SE13 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:27 pm

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

Saturday was our first game after losing at Tottenham but I was not worried at all before facing Newcastle. This team has done extremely well since the start of the season and I was quite confident they would win.

We played against a good Newcastle side who started strongly and they created some chances in the early stages. But in the second half it was completely different. We took control and I feel the second goal killed off Newcastle. It was a difficult game but the right result.

It was clear that the first goal would have a big impact on the result. We scored when we were in control of the game, and that of course was mentally difficult for Newcastle because they knew then it would be difficult. If they had scored in the first half, that certainly would have given them more belief.

I named Theo Walcott in the starting line-up because at the moment he needs games. You could see that he grew in the game, he was very good in the second half as he slowly found confidence. Sometimes when a player feels he has not had a good game, you give him another game to show him that you believe in him.

I was asked many questions after Saturday's game about the incident between Emmanuel Adebayor and Nicklas Bendtner. Frankly, in what team do incidents not happen? I am surprised that a country with such a history in the game makes so much of it, but I can understand it as well because it is something to talk about.

We now look forward to Tuesday night’s match against Newcastle United, this time in the Premier League.

Thanks for your support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08