Arsenal Vs Birmingham | Premiership 12/01/08

Re: Arsenal Vs Birmingham | Premiership 12/01/08

Postby arseman » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:03 pm

TruGuNnA wrote:f**k this man.....hleb is an absolute r***rd sometimes, diaby looks like a jerry's kid.

I agree about Diaby, I'm starting to worry about him. As for Helb, I thought he did quite well actually, and could've had a few assists.

Senderos was outstanding though, but my man of the match has to be Clichy
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby rachel83 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:04 pm

I'll sum it up for you, SGW. It won't be as long or as beautiful a summary as you'll get later from those who can actually write well, but here it is:

We had 70% + of the possession, most of the chances but they had 40 men behind the ball after they equalized and we couldn't break through.
We had 17 shots on goal. They had 2 shots on goal.
Clichy really wanted a goal but couldn't quite get it (obviously).
The only way we could get a goal was through a penalty kick that shouldn't have even been given.
rachel83
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:10 pm

Thanks Rachel.

Sounds very frustrating. :5:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby SE13 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:12 pm

Just so frustrating again. Instead of shooting, pass the ball around, or in the case of ten men blocking the way, shoot.

Wasted chances, missed opportunities, and endless amounts of threaded balls into acres of empty space, or a Birmingham defender.

Again, Plan B wasn't used.

Now we have to rely on a hapless Newcastle United to do us a favour, which seems highly unlikely, so I guess the top spot has gone again, and it's out of our hands again.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:12 pm

Birmingham earnt that, they played how teams have to play against us and if we did not concede yet another shit goal that half would have been different.

We did not play badly overall, i thought Clichy was immense and our two centrebacks were very very good. Eduardo looked the best he has on the wing since we signed him and despite some loose passing Hleb looked a step closer to regaining that sharpness before he got injured.

However with a heavy heart i have to say that Theo Walcott is nowhere near Arsenal quality, i know that may offend people but i have seen no improvement since i watched him last season and he ruined our moves today so many times it was unbelievable. When Hleb was on the right we played so much better and we managed to start creeping up the field. Walcott just tried a trick and lost it, tried a run and lost it or made a pass and lost it. We need a new winger before the deadline ends, i cannot understand why Wenger does not think we need one.

It was a frustrating game but that was due to Birminghams defending rather than our poor play so i am not too worried and we will only be second on goal difference once Man Utd have beaten Newcastle so i am not too worried.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby rachel83 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:12 pm

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:Thanks Rachel.

Sounds very frustrating. :5:

No problem. I'm not a very eloquent writer, which is why I rarely write anything like that ;)
rachel83
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby arseman » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:18 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:We did not play badly overall, i thought Clichy was immense and our two centrebacks were very very good. Eduardo looked the best he has on the wing since we signed him and despite some loose passing Hleb looked a step closer to regaining that sharpness before he got injured.

However with a heavy heart i have to say that Theo Walcott is nowhere near Arsenal quality, i know that may offend people but i have seen no improvement since i watched him last season and he ruined our moves today so many times it was unbelievable. When Hleb was on the right we played so much better and we managed to start creeping up the field. Walcott just tried a trick and lost it, tried a run and lost it or made a pass and lost it. We need a new winger before the deadline ends, i cannot understand why Wenger does not think we need one.

It was a frustrating game but that was due to Birminghams defending rather than our poor play so i am not too worried and we will only be second on goal difference once Man Utd have beaten Newcastle so i am not too worried.

I agree about Walcott, people say he will improve because he's still so young , but he really should be doing better than what we saw today.

I think we paid the price for being sloppy in the first half when leading 1-0, thinking we had the game in the bag. It really hurts to drop points at home, especially given our form at the Emirates this season, but it's not over by a long shot.
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby FromSydney » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:19 pm

This is probably the angriest I've been after an Arsenal game this year, right up there with the Pompey game but that was away and we hadn't taken the lead at any point, I personally found this game a lot more irritating (and from the comments I've read so far, I'm not the only one). Somebody on Myspace said "Bye bye title", a bit much I think but I can't really blame him, it can feel that way sometimes.
I've actually got to rely on my Aussie team to cheer me up this weekend (usually it's the other way around). If Sydney losing their A-league game means Arsenal win their game (for some strange reason) then...well I would definitely prefer Arsenal to win their game (trator I know, sorry Sydney) but this week Sydney's game is probably more crucial than Arsenal's, so I guess...

Anyway :5: , arrrrrgggghhh. We'll hopefully, hopefully play better next game, we probably need to actually. However, we're still very much in the title race and we're still very likely to actually win the title race so...

Peace everybody.
FromSydney
Liam Brady

Postby SE13 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:20 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:However with a heavy heart i have to say that Theo Walcott is nowhere near Arsenal quality, i know that may offend people but i have seen no improvement since i watched him last season and he ruined our moves today so many times it was unbelievable.

Hmmm.... His first touch is explosive mostly, then his second completely lets him down. His passing is awful at the best of times, and looked even worse than ever today.

Personally, I still believe he should be used more as the "super-sub", but then he does put the fear of God up the best of defences....

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby emmagicaleboue » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:24 pm

I am also in agreement over Walcott. Have thought this for quite some time, the kid just dosn't look like a footballer to me. Yes he can run, yes things occasionally come off for him, but his touch, awareness, strength and skill are all very poor. The kid never looks further than his nose...should he ever beat one man, you can guarantee he'll walk straight into the next.

Crap result, half our team looks as if they're running out of steam and i can't remember the last game we really took by the scruff of the neck. Very dissapointing.

p.s. what the f**k has happened to Cesc?! Ronaldo will be running away with PFA player of the year at this rate.
R.v.P for golden boot 07/08
emmagicaleboue
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby AFC RED ARMY » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:05 pm

COME ON NEWCASTLE half time Man U 0 - 0 Newcastle
AFC RED ARMY
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:16 pm

I didnt get to watch the game, so what if Walcott had a bad day?
Things cant go our way every game & i didnt hear anyone complaining when Theo saved us from embarrasment on Wednesday against the yids in the Carling Cup.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:40 pm

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:I didnt get to watch the game, so what if Walcott had a bad day?
Things cant go our way every game & i didnt hear anyone complaining when Theo saved us from embarrasment on Wednesday against the yids in the Carling Cup.

It is not a case of one bad day (which today was diabolical) it is a case of too many bad days. I have never seen a player that has so many areas of his game that he needs to work on to be competent. I know he is young but he is not ready to be in our team at the moment or in the near future. He does not seem to have learnt much over the last year which is suprising. Believe me i like Walcott and am itching for him to succeed but nevertheless i cannot deny that he is nowhere near good enough to wear an Arsenal shirt at the moment.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby left right left » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:58 pm

ffs!!!!

this is the kind of games that we should be taking full points every time :mad: :mad: :mad:

didnt see or hear the game!! but the write ups on here tell enought

we cant keep drawing games now!! man.u and chelsea r looking strong now
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Younggooner08 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:01 pm

AFC RED ARMY wrote:COME ON NEWCASTLE half time Man U 0 - 0 Newcastle

Man U 4 Newcastle 0 not even full time :mad:

we really needed a win today and why we didnt i wont know untill later when i see the game
Imagee
Younggooner08
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08