Arsenal Vs Birmingham | Premiership 12/01/08

Re: Arsenal Vs Birmingham | Premiership 12/01/08

Postby Younggooner08 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:19 pm

Iv seen extended highlights of the game and i hav 2 giv sum credit to birmingham they defended well. Their goal was lucky, had it not been deflectd im sure Almunia would hav saved it. Im a big fan of Theo but he didnt produce the goods yesterday and i hate to say it but i missd Eboue and hez only been gon 1 game. We had plenty of chances and maybe should hav won but we didnt so lets hope we can improve
Younggooner08
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby TruGuNnA » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:12 pm

Newcastle are by far the worst team is has ever been my displeasure to see play football. Anyway, hleb needs to work on his passes sometimes, when it comes of its amazing but he needs to know when the space is too small to fit the ball through we tried but we just couldnt get that man between their midfield and their defence as we do so often. Walcott, needs the medicine thay give to kids with add, so maybe he'll calm down, really, he looked more technically capable at southampton, has he gone backwards ? We need more urgency, i could tell we thought we had the game wrapped up when we scored and even when they scored the players still though it was only a matter of time before we scored again
TruGuNnA
Liam Brady

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:12 pm

bringmingham deffended how alot of teams deffended and that gets paraded around as valient. its fine its not as though thier are rules against it i just think arsenal need to sometimes have a more solid plan b. We shwoed this with the long balls to eduardo and i think we need to work on that a bit more as a plan b
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Libertine » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:47 pm

Disappointing to drop points but not a disaster.

I thought we seemed a bit flat on Saturday.
In games against Wigan, Fulham, Man U, you could sense the urgency of the team and you knew a goal was coming. Never got that feeling on Saturday.

Could've been 2 or 3 up by half time. Got caught cold at the start of the second and Birmingham defended really well, once they had something to hang onto.

Senderos played really well. Hleb was outstanding in the first half but faded in the second. Flamini ran all day.
Fabregas was a little disappointing, i wonder if he's got the bug that kept Rosicky and RvP out?

Oh well, these games happen from time to time.
Onwards and upwards!
Bring on Fulham!
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Libertine » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:51 pm

ScottishLass wrote:Haha.. didnt realise this happened...
Announcer - 4. Cesc
Crowd - FABREGAS
and so on for everyones name + number lol

I HATE that! :5:

I avoid going in until all that shit is done because it makes me cringe!

Gil - BERTO :5:
What a pile of old wank!
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:52 pm

Libertine wrote:
ScottishLass wrote:Haha.. didnt realise this happened...
Announcer - 4. Cesc
Crowd - FABREGAS
and so on for everyones name + number lol

I HATE that! :5:

I avoid going in until all that shit is done because it makes me cringe!

Gil - BERTO :5:
What a pile of old wank!

does sound a bit naff
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby ken day » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:17 pm

:rolf23: :rolf23: :rolf23: :rolf23: :rolf23: :rolf23:
f***ing Birmingham, your bubble has burst my freinds.
I hate to say it but Manure will piss it now, this African nations shit has messed Chelsea, Arsenal and Pompy big time, i can realy see you faultering now as we have a bit more depth than you, hope you enjoyed it while it lasted
you win some, you lose some, chillout and enjoy life
ken day
Charlie George
Charlie George

Arsenal Vs Birmingham | Premiership 12/01/08

Postby SE13 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:47 pm

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

Saturday's game against Birmingham was very frustrating because the crowd were very good but the team was not. The fans were always behind us, they pushed us forward, but we were not sharp enough.

Birmingham defended really well and perhaps we felt that it would be too easy. We lost concentration on their set-piece and were punished. After they made it 1-1 we went close many times but we didn't create enough overall.

I was asked if Philippe Senderos was at fault for Birmingham's equaliser but I don't believe he was caught out. There were two or three other players involved who didn't jump for the ball and that's why we got punished.

I wouldn't like to criticise any individual performance because we have had so many good games this season. Theo Walcott played his third game of the week for example. I had planned to rest him but Tomas Rosicky was sick.

The title race is so tight and every game is important. It's very difficult to say which month will be most crucial. The only thing I know is that we have lost two points we should not have lost and I am confident that the team will re-focus because they are really disappointed.

Finally, I am often asked whether I will buy anybody in the transfer window but the truth is I am not looking for anybody. It's easy to say 'let's go out and buy' when you don't win a game but this team has won so many games since the start of the season and they are good enough.

Thanks for your support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08