Portsmouth Vs Arsenal | Premiership 26/12/07

Re: Portsmouth Vs Arsenal | Premiership 26/12/07

Postby left right left » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:57 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:If anyone ever defends Eboue again I will personally come round their house and kick them in the nadgers.

man!!! i think he is good for us!! sorry dog
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:59 pm

100% f***ing ballbags

We look content in just playing out time in the first half of matches these days mamby pambying little passes about with no real attacking thrust whatsoever, just assuming that we will eventually score, how many times did we take a shot tonight???

The 4-5-1 debate:

does it work? YES, it works it gives us more bodies in the middle with our 3 creative influences giving licence to roam free and the middle and let their creative juices ooze, slicing open defences, at the same time keeping the solid feel to the team.

does it always work? NO, it is easy (EASY!) for teams to defend against, simply double up on adebayor, keep a deep back four and have their midfield sitting tight and we simply cannot get through

when does it work? Against the rest of the "big 4"(especially away from home, were the onus is on them to attack) as well as other teams who have an "slightly attacking mentality"

when doesnt it work? Against teams who regard a draw against us as a positive result, thus they just sit deep and literaly just stop us playing. IE muntari tonight how often did he break forward? he is usually one of pompeys attacking players.
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Trina » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:59 pm

oh ffs even more bad news!

RVP will not be fit for the Everton game. Wenger has just said he can't give a date of when he will be fit either.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:59 pm

left right left wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:If anyone ever defends Eboue again I will personally come round their house and kick them in the nadgers.

I warned you, expect me at the door in a few minutes. :33:
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby emired » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:00 pm

Thanks for the welcome Trina!

Yeah I know what you mean, a point is nothing in all honesty, but nonetheless this is a game we should've won. In my opinion the 4-5-1 is basically simply a lack of ambition. We have the personnel in the likes of Bentdner and Eduardo (who for some reason hasnt even featured on the bench the last couple of prem games).
emired
Patrick Vieira

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:01 pm

left right left wrote:

eboue was good again tonight fabrestuta, the last 2 or 3 games he has played well
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Fordy » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:04 pm

imo arsenal would have beaten liverpool maybe man utd if they had have had 2 strikers on the field so 451 as not worked and as for eboue he is crap and i can't for the life of me see what any of you see in him
i would go as far to say he is one of the worst players i have seen play for arsenal bring back cygan he was much better
Fordy

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:04 pm

absolutely_fabregas wrote:
left right left wrote:

eboue was good again tonight fabrestuta, the last 2 or 3 games he has played well

He looked good because the rest of the team was crap. I'll admit he made some good runs in the first half but his final ball was atrocious, and the few minutes after his booking reinforced my opinion that he's a total t**t.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:04 pm

left right left wrote:

I really don't think Eboue had a great game tonight. He wasn't complete and utter shite but he was fairly ineffective. Gave the ball away a few times, poor shots on goal, poor tackling and fouling.
I was hoping he'd get taken off sooner than he did tbh. :(
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:08 pm

I meant to say the rest of the team was crap except for Rosicky. He was the only one who seemed to have a clue going forward.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby SuperDumbassman » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:10 pm

Fordy wrote:as for eboue he is crap and i can't for the life of me see what any of you see in him

You seem to continue posting utter bullshit without noticing everyone else giving Eboue shit.. :roll:
SuperDumbassman
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:11 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
left right left wrote:

I really don't think Eboue had a great game tonight. He wasn't complete and utter shite but he was fairly ineffective. Gave the ball away a few times, poor shots on goal, poor tackling and fouling.
I was hoping he'd get taken off sooner than he did tbh. :(

nobody said he was "great" but he gives us, some raw direct football which is a good contrast to the silksters. He was nearly the only one who drove into their box, plus at least he took shots, if you dont shoot you dont score, plus his tracking back was crucial today one more than a couple of occasions
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:12 pm

SuperDumbassman wrote:
Fordy wrote:as for eboue he is crap and i can't for the life of me see what any of you see in him

You seem to continue posting utter bullshit without noticing everyone else giving Eboue shit.. :roll:

Huh? read the Eboue thread. "Everyone" does not give him shite.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby SuperDumbassman » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:13 pm

Not everyone, let's say an extremely small minority..
SuperDumbassman
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Fordy » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:17 pm

SuperDumbassman wrote:

If you learn to read you would see i put any of you not all of you if you read this thread 2 people have posted how good he was i was talking to them and anyone else who thinks he is good.
Fordy

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08