Blackburn Vs Arsenal | Carling Cup 18/12/07

Re: Blackburn Vs Arsenal | Carling Cup 18/12/07

Postby yid h8er » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:45 pm

I CANNOT!!! DESCRIBE JUST HOW PROUD I AM TO BE A GOONER TONIGHT. WHAT A PERFORMANCE! u just gotta hand it 2 Wenger and all of the boys. SUPERB CROWD TONIGHT AS WELL!
yid h8er
Liam Brady

Postby Number8 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:48 pm

Diarra and Song were unbelievable. What a show of character tonight was. Take a bow kids, take a bow!
Number8
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby mogsy182gooner » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:08 pm

One of the games of the season lol loved it, mainly for the look on that c**t mark hughes face.
is he still complaining about refs after their first goal? well done the lads
mogsy182gooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Cheese » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:01 am

Oh my god what a night?

I'm not sure what performance i'm more proud of tonights or Sundays win over Chelsea on sunday?

Two games in 50 hours, two wins in two diffrent competitions, two strong perfomances from two diffrent Arsenal sides and one same result... WINS!

Unbelieveable, to go two-nil up then get dragged to two-all just after half time many teams would crack under the pressure especially a young team but not Arsenal, who oldest player of just 24 years old and an avarage age on 19-3/4 years old.

I'm speachlees at the moment i'm so proud just fantastic.

Bring on Everton, Tottenham, Chelsea or Liverpool...

:flag: :flag: :flag:
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby rodney » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:37 am

Bloody brilliant performance from the lads tonight. I can't stand Blackburn as most people know and it was sumed up why tonight. Savage is a dirty little c*** and got absolutely owned by the magnificent Diarra. Mark Hughes is a moany git as well. He doesn't shut up on the sidelines any tackle we make he moans about it, but then complains about any free kick given against his side. Nelson and Samba as well tried to kick lumps out of Bendtner one tackle from Samba in particular.

First half we played Blackburn off the pitch. I was so impressed with everyone the free flowing football was amazing and Blackburn couldn't even get near us. The first goal was some what of a fortuitous finish from Diaby, as I don't think he meant to do that, but it was superb play from Randall who I was really impressed with tonight played a large part. We looked so dangerous whenever we attacked Blackburn and Bendtner really should have added a second. The strange thing about Bendtner is he holds the ball up superbly and is technically extremely gifted, but for some reason at the moment I still prefer Ade. But Nichalas definitely has a future in the first team and him and RVP could be a great partnership.

The second goal was a superb finish from Eduardo. I've seen so many Arsenal players over the last two years miss great chances like that and although there are still a few question marks over Eduardo you can't doubt his finishing. A superb through ball from the man I have been saying can cut open any defence and why I am so pissed off he didn't play against Boro and Newcastle. Denilson has that ability to split a defence and I think he has a great future at the club and although no one will believe me, but I see him challenging Cesc for a place in the first team. Blackburn then pulled a goal back after a shocking decision from the linesman. YOU'RE RIGHT IN f***ing LINE WITH PLAY ON THE RIGHT SIDE :mad: Good finish from Santa all the way and he is turning out to be an excellent buy for Blackburn.

Second half Blackburn came out and battled well and deserved their equaliser another great header from Santa Cruz. But we battled superbly when we could have easily capitulated and allowed Blackburn to go on and win. Diarra was tremendous in midfield and won every tackle. He fought so well in the middle of the park along with Diaby and their battling qualities along with Denilson's flair and attacking ability complemented each other superbly. With Theo added on the right hand side in the Semi's I feel we can really go far in this competition.

Also have to complement Senderos and Song who I have both given a hell of a lot of criticism in the past, but who tonight were superb at the back against some very good strikers. Song in particular won some key headers and came out of defence superbly reminded me of Rio Ferdinand at times. He looks like he could be a very good centre back and as he certainly has no future at the club in central midfield it seems like a sensible option.

The sending off at the end was a deserved red card, but the reaction from Savage and Dunn considering Denilson actually didn't even touch Dunn was ridiculous. Savage is such a c*** and I wish someone would break his legs. After going down to 10 men I thought we could hold out for penalties if we carried on battling, but we did even better. Another great run out of defence from Song who played a great through ball and you could only admire the finish from Eduardo was another magnificent finish.

We road our luck towards the end when Samba hit the post, but we deserved our win and on we march into the next round. We face tough draw whoever we face so bring on the yids :D Really proud of the performance from the players tonight and a deserved man of the match award for Diarra.
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Cheese » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:45 am

rodney wrote:Also have to complement Senderos and Song who I have both given a hell of a lot of criticism in the past, but who tonight were superb at the back against some very good strikers. Song in particular won some key headers and came out of defence superbly reminded me of Rio Ferdinand at times. He looks like he could be a very good centre back and as he certainly has no future at the club in central midfield it seems like a sensible option.

Another great summary of the game Rodney.

I agree with everything you said particualy on how well Song and Senderos played, just an unbelieveable performance buy the lads.

I'm noy sure why i keep saying "unbelieveable" because our Carling sides have put out great perfomances in most games the past two years.

I can't remember who said it i think it was Hanson but someone said Arsenal won't win the league because of the lack strenth in depth, i hope he saw tonights game i think he might want to rethink.
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ozgooner » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:45 am

wow , i'm so proud of the "young guns" . for me it was a chance to see many of our youngsters play for the first time . the likes of randall , song , hoyte , barazite and gibbs impressed me to no end . pity to see 17 year old barazite go off on the stretcher . we were cruising in the first half to be 2 goals up . i thought we lost our way in the first 10/15 mins of the second half but we re-grouped and dudu slotted his second after a sublime pass from song . i cannot praise wenger enough for stickin with his policy of givin the youngsters a go in big match conditions .
for me best on ground were diarra , song , bendtner and of course dudu .

the future is lookin bright my fellow gooners !!!

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:50 am

song had a couple of wobbly moments, but was supreme the rest of the time, senderos was solidish caught out by the long ball a couple of times.

randall looks a hell of a prospect neat passing and good ball retention hleb mark 2 in the making?

barazite(sp) the glimpse i got of him he looked like he calm and controlled, another good prospect
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Libertine » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:24 am

Excellent performance last night.
The whole team was superb.

Only real down point on the night was the injury to Barazite.
Terrible shame for the young lad, especially as i thought he looked quite sharp.

Having beaten a full strength, top ten Premiership club, away from home, with a completely second string team, we won't be seeing any of these 'who can we sign because our squad isn't good enough' threads this week..... :lol:
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby CLS » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:10 am

gutted i missed it ,i was too ill in bed :( :(
at work today but my head is pounding

but what a great result come on let do spurs again
http://www.myspace.com/screema69

"IVE CHANGED MY SIG BUT IN CASE LRL FORGETS I AM
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2006
GOONER IDOL WINNER 2007
CAPTION COMP WINNER 2007 "
CLS
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:37 pm

We don't get CC games here so I had to make do with the highlights, all 3 of our goals were great finishes and even when we went down to 10 men we found a way to win. :3:

What made it all the sweeter was that it was Blackburn. My dislike for that team and their manager seems to grow stronger every time I see them play or hear one of them spout off. The fact that we beat them with our reserves just seemed fitting after Hughes talking was shite the other day.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby rvtheace » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:27 am

Wow, what a fabulous result! I could only catch parts of the first half and the goals, but we did look quality. Keep it up kiddos!

Thanks for the great summary rodney.
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08