Arsenal Vs Chelsea | Premiership 16/12/07

Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea | Premiership 16/12/07

Postby Swifty » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:45 pm

Oh f**k it's been a long day, went to watch the game at The Sports Bar with some of my extended family, most of whom were Chelsea...It was so hard, cos u really want to gloat but it's hard to do it without appearing to be a total C U Next Tuesday.

After the goal however, I came straight out with "Best signing ever, who ever let him go must be kicking themselvesl" :5:
Swifty
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby SuperDumbassman » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:52 pm

I have a feeling that Cesc was available to play midweek, but they told the media he was injured for a bit of mindgames.. :lol:
SuperDumbassman
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Libertine » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:49 pm

f***ing top day out!
Best atmosphere since last season's semi against the yids.

I thought Flamini was MOTM, worked his cock off all game.
Almunia (who i'm not a big fan of) was also superb.

Couldn't understand why Adebayor's goal was disallowed?
The ref was a joke all game anyway.

Still feel half pissed.
Might need to pop to the pub soon, to sort myself out.....
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ken day » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:14 pm

OK OK you just about desereved it, but had Godba, Essien, Carvahlo and Terry played the whole game it would have been different. The muslim rapist is a c-nt and you are a bunch of divers
you win some, you lose some, chillout and enjoy life
ken day
Charlie George
Charlie George

Arsenal Vs Chelsea | Premiership 16/12/07

Postby SE13 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:15 pm

Arsene Wenger, via E-mail wrote:Dear Supporter,

After losing at Middlesbrough it was important not to have another defeat, especially at home in a big game like Chelsea. A bad result would have damaged our confidence so it was really important to get the three points.

The first half was a bit locked, tactically, but William Gallas' goal opened the game up. In the second half Chelsea threw everything forward and on the counter-attack we had four or five opportunities to score.

As long as we didn't get the second goal, the threat of Chelsea getting an equaliser remained and they went close through Shaun Wright-Phillips and the header from Andrei Shevchenko. But overall I still feel we deserved the three points, we showed great spirit.

There were a number of close decisions and, at first look, some of them were easy ones to make. I believe that the 'goal' of Emmanuel Adebayor was a soft free-kick against us because I did not see a lot wrong with the challenge.

Gallas pops up when you need him to and he is the leader. The best definition of a leader is to show the example when you need to and he has done that a number of times - in the last minute against Manchester United and again on Sunday.

Arsenal is a special club and it can take a few months to be penetrated by its spirit. I think William this season has taken that completely on board, and he's the leader because he represents how we want to behave.

I think the spirit in our side is absolutely amazing. Not everyone was at their best against Chelsea because many came back from injury. However, the likes of Cesc Fabregas, Alex Hleb and Mathieu Flamini gave us a technical stability which is completely different.

It was a big day in the title race with Liverpool losing 1-0 against Manchester United before our game. I think Liverpool had the biggest disappointment of the day because they played at home, and they have already dropped points at home, but they are not out of it. Nor for that matter are Chelsea.

I personally prefer that it remains a four-horse race because it is more interesting. It makes a day like Sunday very exciting for the Premier League and, as long as there are four teams involved, I believe that the interest in the title race is even bigger.

Finally, this is my final manager’s email of 2007. The next e-mail will be sent on January 2 after the West Ham game at Emirates Stadium.

Thank you for your fantastic support over the past 12 months. Have a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Cheese » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:04 pm

ken day wrote:you are a bunch of divers

What and Chelsea didn't go down very easily in the final third? I think if you watch back you lot when down/dived a whole lot more :2:
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08