Middlesbrough Vs Arsenal | Premiership 09/12/07

Re: Middlesbrough Vs Arsenal | Premiership 09/12/07

Postby Gunflash » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:21 pm

We've been poor today. We've hardly created a thing and we didn't even deserve a point. So that's our unbeaten league run gone and we've failed to score which is unusual.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby AFC RED ARMY » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:29 pm

y couldnt rosicky score earlyer :(
AFC RED ARMY
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Gunflash » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:29 pm

Rosicky's grabbed one back but too little, too late.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:37 pm

we need cesc n hleb and van persie back ASAP

look at the able now, if we lose nxt week we could end up joint 2nd :shock: :? :?
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby mogsy182gooner » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:39 pm

yea we need the big 4 back soon or at least some of them
flamini, cesc, hleb, persie

Bit dissapointed with ade, diarrar and dudu, think walcott should have started and denilson
mogsy182gooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby TruGuNnA » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:40 pm

What in the holy f**k were we doing out there today. Gilberto is absolute garbage, please get him off the field before i throw up looking at his passes. We need hleb, badly, moreso than fabregas. But that was terrible. Its freakin boro. Now all those media idiots are gonna be talking about how weve been found out. I cant believe how poor everyone was, no urgency whatsoever, how the hell do we let impotent retards like rochemback and gary o'neil pass around us. I almost turned off the tv.Seriously, the only person who you cant say played terribly is walcott because he wasnt there long enough. Toure looked a bowlegged cancer patient. Since the f**k when is aliadiere faster than him. Fuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkk
TruGuNnA
Liam Brady

Postby SE13 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:42 pm

Well, the goal, when it finally arrived, was nicely taken.

However, the unbeaten run comes to an end, and the best that can be said about it was that at least it didn't happen at The Swamp.

The raw fact is that the first effort on target was in the 87th minute, and that was from an offside Adebayor with a donkey-esque first touch.

Never have I seen Arsenal successfully pass the ball to the opposition on so many occasions.

The only real improvement came with the arrival of Walcott and Denilson, but it was too little, too late. But even then, we were quite woeful for the mostpart.

Now we have the small matter of The Champions League to tie up before CSKA Fulham, and Wenger really needs to install some belief into the troops. The system needs looking at, because as we have seen, Villa cracked it for 45 minutes, Newcastle did at Sid James Park, and now today. For me, Bendtner should be starting ahead of Ade if we must insist on this 4-5-1 policy.

However, we can look forward to the return of RVP, Cesc and Matty in the next few days, so we will be a different prospect come next Sunday.

Unless anyone else volunteers, I will do the report for the main site for this game. If you do fancy a crack at it, please PM me.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby rvtheace » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:48 pm

Wow, sounds like I was lucky that the match was not telecast. Boro have been giant killers for the past few seasons, and looks like they've done it again.

I am amazed that Wenger is still sticking to a 4-5-1 that obviously doesn't work. Dudu is NOT a good winger.

Chelsea coming up next week, I hope some of the players return from injury!
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby arseman » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:54 pm

Once again we fail to string two passes together, and resort to Scouser-Chelski type long-balls. Seriously, players who've been complaining of not getting enough playing time need to shut up because they've had their chance and screwed it up.

I'd like to see a completely reserve team for the Wednesday game (maybe bringing on some of the players coming back from injury for the last 15-20 minutes), right now, our focus should be on Chelsea, the last thing we need is to lose to them and lost our unbeaten home record in the league.
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:59 pm

I listened to the game and it seems that Boro won quite handily. I think this goes to show that our squad isn't as good as Wenger thinks, and we need some strengthening in the transfer window. Just because we are witout some of our big names we shouldn't struggle like this. In games against Sevilla, Newcastle and now Boro we have been below average.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby murphy1118 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:01 pm

January Transfer Window coming and it looks as though we need to make some moves now. Get Bert the f**k outta here. That bastard is done. The Kraut obviously has to go. Senderos needs to go. And for the love of God, could we please get some of our Sickies back? f**k, I was on myspace the other day and RVP's mood was happy. How could you be happy and not playing football? I am getting damn tired of mother f***ers gettin' injured and leaving us looking like this. That was an absolute atrocity today. How the hell do we lose the core of the damn team like we have?

Sorry I am so goddamn negative, I just can't f***ing stand losing because now we are gonna have to listen to everyone say how we have just lost the touch like we always do. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttt!

Gilberto has gotta go.
murphy1118
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby arseman » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:05 pm

Disappointing, a potential six point lead now stands at just one. However remember we're still in a great position considering -people expected to finish outside the top four....

We're in a position where we can rest players for the two midweek games to come, the CL game on Wed, and the Carling cup game next week, and concentrate on the games against the two london pretenders. win those and we're back on track, esp if Liverpool & Man U both lose this weekend and have half their players crippled after a mass brawl that starts when Fergie kicks a boot and hits Benitez

up the arse!!! :flag: :flag: :flag:
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby SE13 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:05 pm

I was thinking about doing some player ratings.

However, things like "Gilberto - Was he even on the pitch" and "Ade - No first touch" don't make for great reading, regardless of how factual they are!

To be honest, the best thing we can do here, is just get over it. We have been beaten, we were dire, and we have a game in midweek. And we have to, because there really is nothing good to say about this one. It's happened, so let's just chalk that one down to experience (or lack of)

Arsenal defeats are something of a collectors item, so expect the media to be hammering us for a few days, though....

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:09 pm

Its just one loss, but if we continue to play this badly Chelsea are going to tear us to shreds next week.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby arseman » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:10 pm

SE13 wrote:Arsenal defeats are something of a collectors item, so expect the media to be hammering us for a few days, though....

True, even if NASA discovers aliens on Jupiter, you can expect this match to dominate front and back pages all over the world,
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08