Newcastle Vs Arsenal | Premiership 05/12/07

Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal | Premiership 05/12/07

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:12 am

All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:
rvtheace wrote:We are clearly struggling to control games when we are in the lead, something that needs to be rectified.

I can't believe Eduardo is still being played as a left winger! He is deadly down the middle, so just put him there, please.

he started down the middle but was piss poor so i hink Arsene thought Rosicky would make more of an impact so he swaped them round.

true he wasnt at his best last night, but wasnt given any decent opportunities either, id liketo see him play upfront when we ave cesc an hleb feeding balls into him
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Libertine » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:39 am

Point gained in my eyes.

Thought we played well in the first half but in the second Toon played like a team who knew their season and their jobs were on the line.
The fact that Almunia was our best player speaks volumes.

4 points from 6 on the road this week with Boro to come means we've had a decent week so far IMO.

Can't grumble about being 4 points clear at the top! :d:
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Cheese » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:04 pm

If we pick up 3pts at Boro at the weekend it will be 7pts away from a possible 9.

More than happy with that...
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:16 pm

absolutely_fabregas wrote:
All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:
rvtheace wrote:We are clearly struggling to control games when we are in the lead, something that needs to be rectified.

I can't believe Eduardo is still being played as a left winger! He is deadly down the middle, so just put him there, please.

he started down the middle but was piss poor so i hink Arsene thought Rosicky would make more of an impact so he swaped them round.

true he wasnt at his best last night, but wasnt given any decent opportunities either, id liketo see him play upfront when we ave cesc an hleb feeding balls into him

I agree he wasn't at his best, and he was left in some difficult situations that only Hleb seems to get out of. But I think Dudu will make for a great striker, I thought his touch was real good last night, just didn't get help when he needed it and gave the ball away a few times. And don't think it was too much his fault when they scored, he was given the ball in a tight spot and tried to clear but it ended up deflecting right to them, which seemed to happen alot last night. But they fought hard and deserved every ball they won.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby arseman » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:00 pm

Scouse fans on TIA have been celebrating last nights result like they'd won the European Cup or something. Show how worried teams are of us at the moment. I don't want to imagine how they're celbating on Manc or Cunstki fansites.
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Younggooner08 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:58 pm

The first 10 mins and first 5 if the second half we were the good arsenal, after then we could have easilly lost, Adebayor had a couple of great chances to set people up but fouled to do it.
With Newcastle on such a bad run this game was so important to them and i was worried this would happen, fortunately we showed our class and held on for the draw. If Ade had played them wonder balls in the first half we could have had 3, maybe 4 goals and left Newcastle with no chance but unfortunately it didnt happen and Big Sam had his chance which he took brilliantly.
Was a good game from a neutral point of view an Necastle obviously but as already said a point way to 'The toon' is never a bad thing.
Well done the lads :trophy:
Imagee
Younggooner08
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08