Postby SE13 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:12 pm

Barclays Premiership

Aston Villa Vs ARSENAL

Image Image

Saturday 1st December 207

5:15pm

Live on Setanta Sports

Villa Park

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Re: Aston Villa Vs Arsenal | Premiership 01/12/07

Postby rodney » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:35 pm

A really big match for us after the defeat to Seville. We need to show that we're not about to fold after one defeat and have the ability to carry on winning after a defeat, like United did last season after a defeat. It will be a tough game, as Villa have won 5 on the trot and are doing very well this season, but I think you'd have to go back a few years for Villa's last win over us. This isn't a ground, or team that we have struggled to beat recently as Muse said they aren't a Blackburn or Bolton.

I am absolutely gutted that we are still without Robin. We have missed him badly imo and with him in the team it means that we don't have to play 4-5-1 and also no Eboue. Clichy is a massive loss if he isn't playing, as he is one of the reasons I am not worried about Young or Gabby, as I know he has the pace and defensive ability to cope with either of them. I can't see Hleb playing and obviously he is a massive loss, as he has been great for us this season and we will again need Rosicky to step up to the plate and provide that creativity and probably a winning goal. I would rather not risk Cesc if he isn't above 90% as there are a lot bigger cames to come during the month than this. I would line up like this:

Almunia

Sagna Toure Gallas Clichy

Walcott Flamini Denilson Rosicky

Adebayor Eduardo

If Clichy doesn't make it then I would move Sagna to left back and play Hoyte at right back. Eboue is also a lot more likely to play than Theo, but I have hope that Wenger see's sense. The big plus is no Senderos and having Gallas back as the difference in quality is amazing. Captain fantastic will need to produce another big performance in a game where his leadership qualities will be tested. We need Ade to be lethal in front of goal and not have a day where he is going to miss 4-5 chances before he scores. I disagree with the majority of gooners who have given him stick over the past month and I am confident he can have a good game. Eduardo deserves a chance up front and after the poor performance against Sevilla where we played 4-5-1 hopefully Wenger finally realises that he should go back to 4-4-2 and put Eduardo up front, as if he gets a chance he is more than likely to score.

It feels strange saying it, but I would be delighted to see Flamini return to the first team, as Gily was truly awful on Tuesday. I haven't seen him play that bad before and having Flamini back will be a real boost. Denilson hasn't been at his best recently, but he is a brilliant passer of the ball and can provide that creativity that we need in the middle of the park.

I am going for 2-0 to the Arsenal Kolo and Adebayor.

COME ON YOU ARSENAL :flag:
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:00 pm

would also like that formation rodney but i think its too attack minded and cant see AW picking it

if clichy dosnt make it, i think hoyte will play left back, he has played there before and done ok

if walcott starts i dont think eduardo will, and gilberto will come in to make a 5 man midfield

it would be ideal if both cesc and hleb made it, as this is gona be a very tough match, but as you say it probably isnt worth the risk, looking at the games that are coming up

i would love to see bendtner get the nod for a starting role, but i dont think wenger would play him and ade together?

:flag: :flag:
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby StLGooner » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:03 pm

I don't think I remember the last time we played two strikers up front.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby rodney » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:45 pm

absolutely_fabregas wrote:would also like that formation rodney but i think its too attack minded and cant see AW picking it

if clichy dosnt make it, i think hoyte will play left back, he has played there before and done ok

if walcott starts i dont think eduardo will, and gilberto will come in to make a 5 man midfield

it would be ideal if both cesc and hleb made it, as this is gona be a very tough match, but as you say it probably isnt worth the risk, looking at the games that are coming up

i would love to see bendtner get the nod for a starting role, but i dont think wenger would play him and ade together?

:flag: :flag:

Yeah I agree it is a bit attack minded and Wenger has been a bit negative lately. No more so than on Wednesday night.

Suprised you would go with Hoyte at left back. I didn't think he did well enough there last season, remember Man City away XD I think he is a decent player and can do a job at right back. Sagna apparently is more than capable of operating on either flank. So it would make sense to switch him imo.

You would have Gily back in? After Wednesday I wouldn't play him and I would rather see Diarra play than putting Gily back in the team. I don't see Walcott playing to be honest, but I am sure you by now know how much I dislike Eboue so I am just hoping he doesn't play eboue :0

If Cesc and Hleb are total clear of injury then I would definitely play them. Both are so vital to our attacking football, but with the yids and Cole coming to the Emirates this month we have to prioritise imo.

I don't think he would either. Two big men and very similar in style, but I wouldn't be against giving it ago for one game, whether Wenger would or not is another question.

Anyone going to the match by the way. I missed out on getting a ticket, because I was one credit short :x
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:46 pm

well i havent seen sagna at left back, hoyte has been there for arsenal before

i know gilberto had a shocker the other night but i cant help but feel sympathy for him and wouldnt be against him getting back, remember last season he pulled the team through a lot of games. He must be angry if denilson, diarra and flamini are all in ahead of him
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Fabrestuta » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:25 pm

I have to say I'm a bit nervous about this match. Villa are playing well and are coming off a 4-0 thumping of Blackburn, so they will be full of confidence to say the least. We on the other hand are without quite a few of our first team and are coming off a bad display at Sevilla.

To be honest I'd be happy with a point.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby djon » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:14 am

holy shit Ive just read the injury list! I think we are in for MASSIVE game. Lets hope the newbies can dig deep. They want to play first? well lets see how bad?!
djon
Patrick Vieira

Postby YoungGooner07 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:20 pm

In my eyes we have 2 great striker pairings, Ade & Dudu or Bendtner & Walcott if Wenger players either of them in a 4-4-2 im sure we can win this 1. Im trusting Wenger to play play 4-4-2 and im saying 1-0 the arsenal if Walcott starts up front it could be more. :trophy:
Please Mr Wenger give us a win :flag:
Arsenal at Buckingham Palace
YoungGooner07
Michael Thomas

Postby rvtheace » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:31 pm

It's quite an injury crisis we have going. I'm going with Rodney's team, but for some reason, Wenger is not displaying the confidence to go 4-4-2 in RvP's absence. I'm afraid I can't quite understand his thinking.

Dudu took an awesome goal at Sevilla, and having a striker like that playing up front, with Ade just behind him, will be too much for the Villa defence, IMHO.

Of course, the supply lines need to be good too, and to that end, we have to hope that Denilson provides some quality distribution and Walcott and Eboue can put in some good crosses.
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Libertine » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:29 am

rodney wrote:Anyone going to the match by the way. I missed out on getting a ticket, because I was one credit short :x

Me. :005:

Got a wilson last night. ;)
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:35 am

whats a wilson? :?
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007