Aston Villa Vs Arsenal | Premiership 01/12/07

Re: Aston Villa Vs Arsenal | Premiership 01/12/07

Postby left right left » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:52 pm

gib on to steady things up
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby IcemanMcGinty » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:52 pm

No, not Gilberto...................!
IcemanMcGinty
Liam Brady

Postby left right left » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:58 pm

game has gone abit flat now!!!!

come on arsenal :arsenal: :arsenal: :arsenal: :arsenal: :arsenal: :arsenal: :arsenal: :arsenal:
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:17 pm

Whew I'm glad thats over. To say Villa were the better team in the second half would be a HUGE understatement. We were all over the place, we couldn't keep the ball and when we did have we made lazy passes and gave it away. Eboue was flying in on people all over the park, and only for the fact that he kept missing he probably would have been sent off.
Happy with the 3 points but we can count ourselves lucky.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby SE13 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:19 pm

"Bring back our terraces
Bring back our terraces,
bring back out terraces,
bring back our terraces"

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:23 pm

That was an unbelievable win and the most nervous i have been all season. Aston Villa were amazing in the second half and at times i was certain they were going to equalise. I thought it was a gamble to bring on Gilberto and have four defenders in midfield but it worked out. Fantastic win indeed! I thought our resolve was incredible and although mistakes were made by our defence and Ade's funky passing occassionaly they were always rectified by a teammate.

Hleb's injury looked really bad, i was livid with Carew for that, 6 weeks i reckon :(

Also is it possible for Rosicky to finish a game? I know that was tactical but still he always gets subbed. Does he have the worst stamina in the squad or what?
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby rvtheace » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:23 pm

Phew! Thank God we got that wrapped up. At least our first half performance was quality.
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby arseman » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:26 pm

If Villa had gotten the equalizer they deserved, I'd have probably thrown my computer out the window. How many times did we lose the ball in our own half? And what was all that hoof-the-ball-up-to-Ade about? I thought it was the scousers who played that way?
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby SE13 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:29 pm

"Bring back our terraces
Bring back our terraces,
bring back out terraces,
bring back our terraces"

Yeah, we held out well. Top still and two games in hand....

From here on in, I wish my displeasure of seating to be known.... Sing it as often as you can.

"Bring back our terraces
Bring back our terraces,
bring back out terraces,
bring back our terraces"

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:29 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:Hleb's injury looked really bad, i was livid with Carew for that, 6 weeks i reckon :(

Also is it possible for Rosicky to finish a game? I know that was tactical but still he always gets subbed. Does he have the worst stamina in the squad or what?

I was quite impressed with Carew apart from his tackle on Hleb. Hopefully its just a kick on the tendon and sore, rather than a long term injury.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby SE13 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:43 pm

Oddly enough, I heard the chant, and now I'm committed..

Everyone should get behind this....

"Bring back our terraces
Bring back our terraces,
bring back out terraces,
bring back our terraces"

SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby left right left » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:42 pm

3 points from the 1st of our 3 away games!!!

let it roll baby ;)
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby rodney » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:28 pm

f***ing come on, have some of f***ing that. Adebayor I f***ing said he would come good, I f***ing said it. When others have criticised him recently tonight he was f***ing brilliant. He worked his absolute nuts off and his header was so good. We were'nt at our best today, but it's games like this that win Championships. We saw United do it last year when they won at Fulham and Liverpool when they weren't at their best and once Hleb came off we were awful. But we had enough to come through and battle on to victory.

The first half we were by far the better team and deserved to be in front at half time. The goal we gave away was awful, we had a free kick inside our own half and Flamini gave it straight to Villa. They got lucky with the deflections and Clichy should have been watching Gardner and by the time he took a second look Gardner was firing it into the back of the net. It was good play from Gardner, as our own wide players imo don't do what he did enough, but Clichy and Flamini should have done far better. After that I just thought oh shit here we go, but we battled back superbly and just played Villa off the park. The equaliser was great play from Ade and Eboue, who put a good ball into the box. The ball fell to Flamini who fired it home, a wonderful finish and you could tell it really meant something to him. The second goal was brilliant, as it's a goal we never usually score and something that we need to add to our game. A great ball into the box from Sagna and Ade had the determination to climb above Knight and Mellberg of Laursen can't remember which one. We looked threatening all half and looked like we could score more.

Hleb was absolutely outstanding in the first 60 minutes he was on the pitch. Villa just couldn't handle him at all. He played in the hole and they just didn't know what to do with him. Carew's tackle on him was a bad tackle, I don't think he intended to hurt him, but we've now lost him for Wednesday and it's a big blow. Once he came off we just got worse and worse. He has become such a key player for us and maybe more important than Cesc in terms of the passing football we play.

Once Hleb came off Villa absolutely battered us. They controlled the game and we just couldn't get near it. They would punt it up to Carew and he won every single header. I don't think there was one ball he didn't win in the air, it was ridiculous. Young couldn't get the better of Sagna who was superb and Clichy did well on the other side. Toure made a vital tackle on Maloney and did well winning some of the second balls. Rosicky and Theo were awful and some of the passing from Diarra was disgraceful, but his tackling was immense and him and Flamini battled superbly.

Carew had Villa's only real chance and was very unlucky not to score and Villa were worth a point after their second half performance, but I don't care to be honest we won and are now 6 points clear at the top of the table I will also point out people that moan our foreigners dive, watch Ashley's young dive in the 87th minute. Was a f***ing disgrace and the ref did superbly to book him.

Overall it was a great win and the type that we didn't last season. We now move onto Newcastle and will hopefully compound more misery on them :flag:
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby rodney » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:30 pm

Apologies for the constant use of fing lol was just a bit passionate as I was writing.

So happy we won :D
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Trina » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:04 pm

Nice write up Rodney.

How it didn't finish a draw or a Villa win after the second half I don't know!

Still it's another win and we are 5 points clear top of the table :flag:
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08