Re: Seville Vs Arsenal | Champions League 27/11/07

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:00 pm

100% shite
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby rodney » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:12 pm

Bar the first 20 minutes we were simply not in the game tonight and we didn't deserve anything out of the game. Sevilla were very physical and we just simply weren't matching them. Senderos is an absolute clown. How the hell Wenger doesn't see it is simply ridiculous. It isn't like im basing this on a few performances for 3 years now the guy has been bloody hopeless and his mistake tonight was the turning point in the match. I really thought we would have put up a better performances than this and it now looks unlikely that we will finish top of the group. We missed Hleb and Gallas tonight and it showed for me that Eboue and Senderos are simply not good enough as back up. Something Wenger should look at solving in January.

We started off very well and were playing some really good football. We got an early goal after a good finish from Eduardo under pressure and I really thought we would push on from there. However, as Senderos usually does he produced the one big mistake he makes every match he plays and as usual it cost us a goal. Gilberto should then have just put the ball out for a corner, but for some reason he turned it back into open player and Keita fired it home superbly. Sevilla were like a different team from that point on they harried us, there football started to come together and we lost our momentum. We then conceded a poor second goal from a well worked free kick. Fabiano got in front of his marker and headed home, was a good finish and I was impressed with him and Kanoute. They both work hard and appear to have an excellent understanding.

Coming out for the second half I expected Wenger to calm the lads down and get us back playing football, but it was Sevilla who piled on the pressure. I was again frustrated at Wenger's tactics. Why he didn't move Eduardo up front and put Rosicky on the left wing is beyond me. Why he keeps persisting with this 4-5-1 formation is beyond me. Bendtner battled superbly up front his touch and the way he held the ball up was brilliant. But again he won numerous headers and there was no one there to get on to the knock on. Eduardo would have been perfect to get onto the knock ons so why once Fabregas came off Wenger kept Eduardo on the wing was stupid. The referee gave Sevilla a penalty for a handball against Senderos, it was definitelty not handball and the linesman let him know it wasn't and the ref went back on his decision. We still didn't push on and then in the end did give away a penalty that Kanoute tucked away comfortbaly to seal a deserved win for Sevilla.

Fabregas was never in the game tonight and hopefully he will be alright for Villa on Saturday. Denilson wasn't at his best and Gilberto was bloody awful. His passing was horrendus and one particular pass where he gave it straight to Fabiano who if it wasn't for the brilliant recovery from Kolo Toure would have scored. Eboue was useless tonight. I can't stand the guy he is so weak and whenever anyone uses the slightest bit of strength against him he is knocked over. His reaction could have seen him sent off, as his temperament is shocking as well. Bendtner's performance was the only positive to come out of tonight.

Wenger should make sure that these players know that they are going to need to battle and if they want to win things they're going to have to perform a lot better than this. A poor night and one to forget.
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby ozgooner » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:55 pm

great read rodney ;) , i didn't see the game here in oz so it's good to catch up thru articles like yours . have you thought of doin a match report ???

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby YoungGooner07 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:42 pm

I do kinda feel cheated, Eboue should have had a penalty and their penalty was questionable.
If Eboue had been given a pen we could haver gone on to win, if we didnt conceed a pen we could have thought back for a draw in the last 5 mins. Very poor refereeing, im ashamed of the ref :goonergirlie:
Arsenal at Buckingham Palace
YoungGooner07
Michael Thomas

Postby rodney » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:53 pm

ozgooner wrote:great read rodney ;) , i didn't see the game here in oz so it's good to catch up thru articles like yours . have you thought of doin a match report ???

Cheers mate. I just like to give my thoughts about the best club in the world :D

I don't think I contribute enough to GW to do something like match reports, but nice to know you think I can.
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby StLGooner » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:54 pm

wow, so I came home to watch the replay, and I couldn't get thru it all, I was disgusted, not so much by our playing but by the ref and they're blatant diving. I feel like fighting now, I might beat the wife when she gets home. :lol: only joking. it was frustrating because they seemed to just push us around at times, and we seemed to just take it, and Eboue needs to go, he's so embarrasing.

Even with our main players out we still could've won this, we didn't look to good and we got out played regardless of the bad calls or not, thats just football. Lets hope this awakens the team a bit (even though we didn't need this win, and lets hope AW don't get in trouble and lets also hope that Cesc is alright. After all that I'm not too worried honestly, it was a good time to take a loss, so lets see how they respond, lets get healthy and bring on villa.

UP THE GUNNERS. :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Swifty » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:31 am

*Sighs* Philippe Phillipe Phillipe, what are we gona do with you?

As has been said before come Cup of Nations time we're gona be fuct if we have to rely on this comedian.
Besides that the ref was a total homer, giving out free kicks & penalties like it's christmas, not so forth comming with yellow cards for diving...silly little man.
Swifty
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby big jolly gooner » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:08 am

Just home from the pub and ive had to listen to a god awful amount of crap from my man u buddies after the slagging I gave them on Saturday.

Senderos has to go im getting sick and tired of his stupid mistakes that our costing us games.

I think its a big loss tonight, top spot is very important especially with the second game of the first knockout round being at home.

I dont know what it is but I feel empty from that result, maybe its because we have nt been beaten in a while or maybe its because it was like watching arsenal last year.

I have every faith that we will bounce back and beat villa 2-0 on saturday

COME ON YOU GUNNERS
"If you do not believe you can do it then you have no chance at all".
Arsene Wenger
big jolly gooner
Liam Brady

Postby murphy1118 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:34 am

Wow! That was an absolutely brutal performance. Someone please take Senderos out, for good. I defended him a while back but after that performance that w***er can go feck himself.

Kind of glad this came in the Champions League after we qualified. This game could have mattered alot more and probably should have. I am f***ing stunned at the difference of the Lads tonight.

What the f**k was Gilberto doing out there? That was not Gilberto football.

Goodbye to the following: Phil, Eboue

All that being said...Go Gunners!

:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:
murphy1118
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:38 am

if anybody thought we would go over there and win with arguably only 3 first XI on the pitch i would call them naive

seville away is a tough place to go, and i would doubt we would beat them in group stage wiv our first choice team

im not too disheartened tho, look at man u, the only time they have rotated(carling cup) they got put out by coventry, they left out ronaldo last week and couldnt beat bolton, they started a slightly weakened team tonight and should have been 0-2 down at half time, and had to put on the usual, and eventually by the referees incompitance got the winner (they finished wiv their first XI bar injuries)

Wenger obviously feels that 1st or 2nd isnt that important CLwise, as supposed to the EPL, and i think he is right, if we are going to win it we are going to have to beat the best teams. I would rather play them earlier (and if so go out) and concentrate on the league than going to the semis and lose place in the league

WENGER KNOWS BEST

PS dont right off senderos evryone makes mistakes it no worse than kolos "header" against bayern a couple of years ago

:flag: :flag: :flag:
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Libertine » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:06 pm

Oh well, we had a to get beat at some time.
And a meaningless CL tie is as good a time as any.

I see people are blaming it all on poor old Senderos again.
I'm not going to say he played well, because he didn't, but therte were others out there too.
So if we're going to apportion blame, let's do it fairly:

Goal 1: Yes Senderos mis-kicked but Gilberto had the chance to knock it safely out and didn't. We were all told it as kids - "play the way you're facing". - schoolboy error! but most on here seem to be blaming Senderos. is it because Gilberto is more popular?

Goal 2: Toure lost his man at the corner and he scored, a glaring error! and yet i haven't seen him slagged off in this thread for it? because he's popular?

Goal 3 i'm not fussed about. A penalty after a break away, when we were throwing men forward.

Our midfield let us down last night. Men piled forward from the Seville midfield and no-one from ours went with them.
Gilberto had a shocking game and Fabregas never got into the match at all. Denilson battled hard but he can't do 3 players work.

And i don't think we've heard the last of Wenger's refusal to go to the stands.

Anyway, f**k all that, let's look at the positives.
Bendtner was excellent. Great first touch and a superb eye for the right ball. Brilliant cross for our goal.
Eduardo work tirelessly in an unusual position. He was neat and tidy in possession and took his goal really well.
Walcott was willing to run at players at every opportunity when he got on. He looked lively and dangerous. Pity we couldn't give vhim more of the ball.
We dominated the first 20 mins of the 1st and the first 10 of the 2nd.
If the ref had given us that penalty (how did he not give it?) we might have sneaked a point.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ken day » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:01 pm

I was offerd a ticket and travel to the game in a merc and i could not be bothered, Great result though
you win some, you lose some, chillout and enjoy life
ken day
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Gunflash » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:35 pm

It was a bad result because we probably won't win the group now. But we were never going to win away at Sevilla with the team that Wenger put out.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ozgooner » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:43 pm

ken day wrote:I was offerd a ticket and travel to the game in a merc and i could not be bothered, Great result though

:o: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:08 pm

I had a feeling we were going to lose, and unfortunately I was proved right. If you go one up away from home you really should come away with at least a point. Although we have already qualified, we will get a tougher draw for the next round. :?
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08