Arsenal Vs Wigan | Premiership 24/11/07

Re: Arsenal Vs Wigan | Premiership 24/11/07

Postby Trina » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:00 pm

Just watching the game on football first and the first thing I said was how great Clichy looks.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby left right left » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:03 pm

he realy was puka!!!

there is no way cole would get a start with clichy around!!! good move by wenger f***ing off that tart :arsenal:
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:05 pm

clichy has got a motor on him, that guys never stops running, :b: He's probably running right now, I think i just saw him run by my house. :b: :D :D :D
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby left right left » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:06 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Trina » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:09 pm

lol Chvint!

Sagna was a great signing for us, every game he is solid and set the first goal up brilliantly!
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:12 pm

left right left wrote:we were so shit toay, walcott and addy and ricksy were so shit!!!

we were luck to get anything from the game

clichy was our best player by miles

We must have had 60/70% of the ball so its not like we were getting torn apart. Walcott had a good game imo, yes his final touch often let him down but thats his biggest failing anyway. Rosicky was lively but he wasn't getting any help. Clichy was great and made some fantastic runs, but he's another player that doesn't seem to know what to do when he gets in and around the box.

I think people are being a bit over critical. Wigan set their stall out to defend and for the most part they played well at the back.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby StLGooner » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:14 pm

Trina wrote:lol Chvint!

Sagna was a great signing for us, every game he is solid and set the first goal up brilliantly!

that was a beauty of a cross and even better finish, but up until that time, I was thinking that are crosses and free kicks were horrible.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Trina » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:18 pm

haha just seen the Gallas interview talking about the Anelka goal against Man U...brilliant day it has been :D
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:21 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Trina wrote:lol Chvint!

that was a beauty of a cross and even better finish, but up until that time, I was thinking that are crosses and free kicks were horrible.

Denilsons set pieces were dreadful for the most part.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby rodney » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:29 am

Fabrestuta wrote:^ @ Rodney. I think its a bit harsh to say we were really bad, we totally dominated Wigan but we just couldn't break them down in the final 3rd. That was partly due to our lack of ideas coming from midfield, and partly due to Wigans defending, so we were reduced to taking long range shots. It was by no means a great display but 3 points are 3 points, we're 3 points clear with a game in hand, PLUS, red nose got sent of in the Manc game. Tis a good day in my books.

We dominated, but that was obvious as Wigan set their stall out for a draw and if Spurs can turn them over anyone can. We couldn't break them down in the final third and that was what was so disappointing. Usually we create a lot of chances and rip teams apart and today that just wasn't there, we lacked that ingenuity to open Wigan up.

I agree three points are three points and I did say that in my post and seeing that bastard Fergie having an awful day does make it a good day. However, looking at the long term it is another poor performance from our squad players. I argued with a member on this forum, I don't remember his name, but he said I shouldn't make a big deal about Prague, but the squad players like Diarra, Denilson, Theo, Eboue need to improve as when we call upon them during the season they cannot carry on playing the way they are, as we will not continue to get away with it.
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:58 am

Well I can't argue with you there, our squad players didn't step up when they had the chance. I'm still at a loss as to what Wenger sees in Eboue, he's not a "bad' player but he's just ok imo.
We were bereft of ideas for the most part, but with a bit more incisiveness we could have destroyed Wigan. Of course we didn't and I do share some of your worries, but RvP should be back soon (until he gets injured again that is) so Ade won't have to shoulder the whole load....because he's doing such a good job and all.....
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby rodney » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:06 am

Eboue is a player I can't stand. As I have pointed out this forum before he is a poor defender, he isn't a great attacker and his theatrics shame the club every game he produces them. If I was in charge he would be shown the door for whatever money we could get.

I just worry that without Hleb in the team are we capable of beating Villa, Newcastle and Boro? He has become so vital to that intricate passing you're referring to. Ade has stated himself that he misses Robin and I know I certainly do. He is now a key part of our team and will hopefully start to stear clear of the injuries that have hampered him during his Arsenal career.

Couldn't agree more about Ade. The fans that give him stick are the ones that don't go to the game, as if they saw the effort this guy puts in they would know he is giving his all and that playing up front on your own is a hard task. Once Robin returns Ade will be back to his best :D
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:16 am

I always want to criticize Ade, because lets face it he's not a great finisher, but the amount of work he does is incredible. When van Persie comes back and Ade is pulling defenders all over the place it can only lead to good things.
As for Hleb, he has become almost indispensable hasn't he? I never thought I'd be saying this, but he is probably our most important attacking threat. His dribbling scares the s**t out of teams, and he has most definitely begun to show the promise Wenger saw in him.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby rvtheace » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:17 am

We didn't have much creativity in the game, but thankfully we managed to conjure an extremely important victory. And HAHA at Manure!
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Arsenal Vs Wigan | Premiership 24/11/07

Postby SE13 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:46 am

I am going to watch again on both MOTD and Football First before giving a final summary, but right now, we sit three clear of ManUre with a game in hand....

Bit premature, but what the hell.....

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08