Arsenal Vs Wigan | Premiership 24/11/07

Re: Arsenal Vs Wigan | Premiership 24/11/07

Postby arseman » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:07 pm

Nearly broke down in tears of joy when Wille scored. And Man U lost!!!!
Now we need Derby to stick 5 past cunstki :005: :005: :005:
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:21 pm

arseman wrote:Nearly broke down in tears of joy when Wille scored. And Man U lost!!!!

to top off a great day you got 3pts too! see predictions league! ;)
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby arseman » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:24 pm

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:
arseman wrote:Nearly broke down in tears of joy when Wille scored. And Man U lost!!!!

to top off a great day you got 3pts too! see predictions league! ;)

Cheers ;) life is good!!
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:33 pm

Very frustrating game at times, I thought we'd never bloody score. Walcott and Rosicky were class, Eboue was, well Eboue, he made some great runs (as usual), but had no idea what to do with the ball when he got around the box (as usual). Well taken goal from Gallas, if I hadn't been so badly hungover I'd have danced around the sitting room.
Shame about Theo going off, any news on his injury?
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby arseman » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:40 pm

It was more of the same old Arsenal today, trying to score the perfect goal. Sometimes I think we took too many more touches than was necessary. But how awesome is Clichy, that lad is just class!
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby arseman » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:41 pm

& Cunstki have just taken the lead against Derby...oh well we can't have everything all at once I guess.
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:45 pm

Speaking of Derby, what are there fans like booing all the English players?
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby rodney » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:34 pm

We were really, really poor today. I cannot believe that we managed to win the game, as it just didn't look like we were going to create a good enough chance to win the match. We usually create so many chances at home against teams like Wigan, but we were just awful today and couldn't get started at all. But, winning when you're not playing well is a great sign of champions as there are many people who believe that we will slip up in games like this when we are not at our best. With three tough games in a row starting next Saturday winning today was vitally important.

The first half we created only one real chance after good work from Theo and Ade should have done better, but the keeper still made a good save. Denilson who I really expected to have a big game today showed some nice touches, but he was just generally poor. He lacked creativity and didn't work well with Diarra who battled well, but gave the ball away a lot and couldn't offer anything going forward. Will also that add that Denilson was extemely poor with his crossing, his corners and free kicks didn't beat the first man and when they did he over f***ing hit them. With Robin and Cesc out of the team it is something we really lack in the first team.

Second half we again carried on playing at a slow tempo and I just couldn't see us breaking them down. Ade got through, but seemed to play the ball across goal to no one. We moved to a 4-5-1 with Theo on the wing, but he was inefectual on the wing, as he was up front. Rosicky I expected so much more from today, but he just didn't deliver and he has to start delivering more to the team. He gave the ball away so many times and if Clichy didn't have such great pace and the ability to cover quickly then we would have been in trouble a few times. I can't even begin to explain how bloody poor Eboue is off and I gave him some abuse when he was subbed. The guy just is not good enough and the theatrics that he brings in just adds to many fans frustrations, with Theo also being stetchered off after a poor Heskey challenge so a winger has to be signed in January.

We got the breakthough after a great ball into the box from Sagna who was as solid as ever. Gallas was there to score a great header and send the Emirates into raptures As Wenger said the crowd were really good today, as we really got behind the players despite them not playing well and in the end it really help us in digging in and getting that winning goal. A few minutes later Wigan were left with no one at the back and Bendtner played the ball through and Rosicky sealed the win.

Not a great performance, but we are now 3 points clear of United with a game in hand and going into a tough set of fixtures we have won another game and remain top of the table. :flag:
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:43 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:Shame about Theo going off, any news on his injury?

On Theo's injury...
"Theo looks not bad. The physio told me he has to come off straight away because he was numb, he has been kicked certainly on the nerve. He twisted his ankle, we checked his X-ray now, he looks alright"

AW.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:46 pm

^ Well thats a relief, he was having a great game so it would suck big time if we'd lost another player who's coming into form.

@ Rodney. I think its a bit harsh to say we were really bad, we totally dominated Wigan but we just couldn't break them down in the final 3rd. That was partly due to our lack of ideas coming from midfield, and partly due to Wigans defending, so we were reduced to taking long range shots. It was by no means a great display but 3 points are 3 points, we're 3 points clear with a game in hand, PLUS, red nose got sent of in the Manc game. Tis a good day in my books.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Trina » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:56 pm

Inchpractice wrote:

On Theo's injury...
"Theo looks not bad. The physio told me he has to come off straight away because he was numb, he has been kicked certainly on the nerve. He twisted his ankle, we checked his X-ray now, he looks alright"

AW.

That's good news. He will have time to rest before he next plays..

How did Theo play?
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:01 pm

Trina wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:

On Theo's injury...

AW.

That's good news. He will have time to rest before he next plays..

How did Theo play?

He was playing a blinder, well compared to the rest of the team, apart from Rosicky, he was good also. For long stretches he was our only attacking player that looked dangerous. When Rosicky switched positions he started to come into the game more and more though.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Trina » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:02 pm

Haven't heard much of a mention about Ade? I would have liked Theo and Dudu to start to be honest.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:09 pm

Ade did his usual hard work but he was very ineffective. He had one nice volley that wasn't over by much, but thats all I can remember from him to be honest. Our midfield couldn't get him the ball so it may be harsh to criticize him too much. Eduardo had a good 25 minutes but he was invisible. Bendtner was lively when he came on though, he set Tom up for the second.

Some of the lads had a chance to show their stuff because of the players we were missing, but unfortunately they wont be forcing Wenger to think hard about his team selection.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby left right left » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:57 pm

we were so shit toay, walcott and addy and ricksy were so shit!!!

we were luck to get anything from the game

clichy was our best player by miles
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08