Arsenal Vs Wigan | Premiership 24/11/07

Re: Arsenal Vs Wigan | Premiership 24/11/07

Postby Libertine » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:24 am

After reading some of the comments on here, i'm not sure i went to the same game. :shock:

I thought we dominated from start to finish and created plenty of chances.
I thought Diarra was superb in midfield. He'd been asking for his chance there and i thought he grabbed it with both hands. Even if Flamini is fit next week, i think Diarra will start against Villa.
An excellent cameo appearance from Bendtner too. He's been begging for a game and, by coming on and having a hand in both goals, i think he's also given Wenger something to think about for next week.

Walcott and Abebayor looked a lively partnership. Walcott set up Abebayor early and the keeper made a great save. Then Adebayor returned the favour and walcott was only denied by a last gasp tackle.
Glad to hear that Walcott's injury isn't serious because it looked very bad at the time.

The only disappointment, i felt was Eboue. He offered little on the right hand side.
When he was replaced by Eduardo, and Rosicky went over to the right, we looked better balanced.

Wigan scrapped for their lives. Several times a certain goal was denied by someone throwing their body into the line of fire.

A good performance i thought. We showed calmness and patience when lesser teams might have resorted to just humping the ball long in search of a goal.
It's results like yesterday, with several first teamers missing, that win titles!
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:39 am

job done!

never easy against a team like wigan, to play our game, but we kept trying and played well i thought, if we nicked an early goal we would have pissed all over them

starting to get a few more glimpses, game on game, of what theo can do

i though diarra played really well yesterday

as well as gael,sagna&gallas

(Does anyone think i shoud start doing match reports? :lol: :lol: :lol: )
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby rodney » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:36 pm

Libertine wrote:After reading some of the comments on here, i'm not sure i went to the same game. :shock:

I thought we dominated from start to finish and created plenty of chances.
I thought Diarra was superb in midfield. He'd been asking for his chance there and i thought he grabbed it with both hands. Even if Flamini is fit next week, i think Diarra will start against Villa.
An excellent cameo appearance from Bendtner too. He's been begging for a game and, by coming on and having a hand in both goals, i think he's also given Wenger something to think about for next week.

Walcott and Abebayor looked a lively partnership. Walcott set up Abebayor early and the keeper made a great save. Then Adebayor returned the favour and walcott was only denied by a last gasp tackle.
Glad to hear that Walcott's injury isn't serious because it looked very bad at the time.

The only disappointment, i felt was Eboue. He offered little on the right hand side.
When he was replaced by Eduardo, and Rosicky went over to the right, we looked better balanced.

Wigan scrapped for their lives. Several times a certain goal was denied by someone throwing their body into the line of fire.

A good performance i thought. We showed calmness and patience when lesser teams might have resorted to just humping the ball long in search of a goal.
It's results like yesterday, with several first teamers missing, that win titles!

Diarra gave the ball away a lot and certainly didn't show me that he is worth a starting place above Flamini. I was one of the gooners who didn't think Flamini had a future at the club, but I've been proved very wrong and I now want him back in the team against Villa alongside Cesc. There is no place in the team for him imo.

Definitely agree about Bendtner and maybe we should give him a start against Sevilla instead of playing Ade. I'd like to see him given a game and lets see what he can do against a really quality opposition.

You must have watched a different game mate. They created one real chance which Ade hit straight at the keeper, it was not a great save. Theo was moved out to the right, as he was so ineffectual. Ade couldn't get into the game at all and a number of times Toure played the ball long and Ade couldn't control the ball or win a header.

I agree it was a good win, but imo you're wrong in a lot you've said.
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Libertine » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:16 am

rodney wrote:I agree it was a good win, but imo you're wrong in a lot you've said.

then we'll agree to disagree
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Arsenal Vs Wigan | Premiership 24/11/07

Postby SE13 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:41 pm

Arsene Wenger, via e-mail wrote:Dear Supporter,

We were not really under the threat of conceding against Wigan on Saturday but we needed to find an opening and, I must say, our opponents produced that extra 10 percent that you get from a team when the new manager is watching. They defended and focused on every ball.

Wigan played a real 'cup' game defensively. They defended extremely well and I was surprised how long they lasted without giving us an inch, and how tight they could mark for 90 minutes - it was absolutely amazing.

We need something special to find the first goal, as well as a lot of patience, and William Gallas found it. He's a forgotten centre forward because he knows where to be in the box and he can turn up with a goal when you need it.

Once again we found the resources in the final 15 minutes to win the game, and it's not the first time. I don't feel that is a coincidence, that is just down to the fantastic spirit in the squad.

Manchester United lost at Bolton so we are now three points clear and that's good because it strengthens our belief that we can compete at the top of the table. We have a tough December so every point we can get at the moment is very good for us.

On the injury front, Theo Walcott was stretchered off on Saturday but he doesn't look too bad. The physio told me he had to come off straight away because he was numb, he was certainly kicked on the nerve. Theo twisted his ankle but we checked his X-ray and he looks alright.

Thanks for your support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08