Reading Vs Arsenal | Premiership 12/11/07

Reading Vs Arsenal | Premiership 12/11/07

Postby SE13 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:59 pm

Say we are top of the league, say we are top of the league

Ok, 3-1, and it really doesn't reflect our utter domination.

Second time in two seasons we have inflicted an utter masterclass on Reading, and the second time in two seasons that we should really have netted double figures.

Great to watch, but frustrating at times, as we really ought to be putting more chances away.

Oh, and Middlesex......

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Re: Reading Vs Arsenal | Premiership 12/11/07

Postby Reverend Gooner » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:04 pm

Good win, i thought we played really well. Cheeky trick past the keeper from Hleb and Ade should have had two. Hilarious goal for Reading and i don't begrudge the royals fans the goal, after being out in that cold for 90 minutes they deserve something to cheer about.

Back on top and increased our goals scored over United by 1 :005: :flag:
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:10 pm

Nice one.We did what we had to do, and Reading have been tough at home so I can't have any complaints.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby insomnia » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:14 pm

3 points and back to the top...

I'm happy tonight! :005:
insomnia
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Trina » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:22 pm

Top of the league with a game in hand :D :D :trophy:

:flag: :flag: :flag:
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Fordy » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:41 pm

test
Fordy

Postby insomnia » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:47 pm

oi oi!!
insomnia
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Fabrestuta » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:03 am

Ade's goal was our 1000th in the Premier league :l:
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby rodney » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:08 am

Very happy with the 3 points from today's game. It wasn't the greatest game in the world and Reading were very disappointing tonight. Usually at home they come out all guns blazing and for some reason they just sat back and allowed us to control the game. We dictated the game for the first 45 minutes just passing it around, but there was a lack of penetration. We couldn't find that through ball to cut open their defence. Whenever we we went forward we were just met by a wall of 10 men. I really feel that Wenger made a mistake with his selection and formation today. With Reading playing so deep and neither centre back being particularly pacy I thought it would have been the perfect game to give Theo a game up front alongside Ade in a 4-4-2 formation. We were lucky in that Reading were poor and we got a goal at an excellent time.

After only a few minutes we had an excellent chance after a Reading mistake and Ade really should have put the ball in the back of the net. We didn't really create another chance in the first half and Gunnarson probably had the best chance which Almunia dealt with well. It looked like we would go in 0-0 at half time, but a superb burst up field from Flamini to get onto a great ball played across from Hleb gave us a vital lead. Flamini is having an excellent season and once again he was strong today and did his job very well.

That late strike in the first half allowed us to play our best football. We were far more flowing and created a lot more chances. A superb passing move and a great finish from Adebayor gave us the second goal and what sealed the win. Ade hasn't scored in a while and has worked tirelessly up front on his own for the past 3 games and has really missed Robin, so I was delighted to see him grab a goal to pay off for all that hard work. He now only needs two more goals to equal last seasons total in the EPL and I am confident that Ade can score at least 15 goals in the EPL this season.

We then played a superb passing move which was finished off from Ade and was wrongly disallowed by the linesman. We then got the third goal which was an amazing goal from Hleb considering how he did nearly everything to enable him not to shoot. The skill to take him round the keeper was amazing and he put it home to seal the win. He wasn't at his best today, but his control and touch are simply amazing and he will be key to us being successful this season.

I was annoyed at conceding a goal in the last few minutes as it would have put us ahead of United on goal difference and not just on goals scored. Cesc was stupid in picking up a booking tonight. He gave away a free kick which was needless in the first place, but then to be booked for back chatting over a nothing free kick is very stupid. But, at least he is missing Wigan at home and not a more tougher game like Villa, Boro or Newcastle away which we will need him for. He will now not play for us for 3 weeks and hopefully he won't play for Spain either and that will be a nice 3 week break for Cesc.

A good win and we now return back to the top of the league where we belong :flag:
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:14 am

cesc got booked on purpose it was plain to see

its a good as well because we wont need him at home v wigan, but there are some tough games coming up
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby rodney » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:36 am

absolutely_fabregas wrote:cesc got booked on purpose it was plain to see

its a good as well because we wont need him at home v wigan, but there are some tough games coming up

I would be suprised if Wenger ordered him to do that. I know its only Wigan at home, but I would rather have Cesc in the team than out of it, but as I said there are tough away games coming up in December and with a 3 week break hopefully he will be refreshed and ready for the battle.
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:41 am

i dont know how it works but playes do it on soe occasions

wenger might have hinted to him maybe??

but the way he pulled the guy back, and gave the ref some verbal, i'd imagine it was pre-planned

ps did cescget motm tonight?

i thought either hleb or flamini should have got it
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby FromSydney » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:40 am

Fabrestuta wrote:Ade's goal was our 1000th in the Premier league :l:

Sweet.

Go the Gunners! :flag: :arsenal: :005:
FromSydney
Liam Brady

Postby Cheese » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:35 am

Inchpractice wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:how the hell is Eduardo going to get experience and better if you don't play him. I thought this game would've suited him well up front. But I'm not the boss so what do I know.

My sentiments entirely.
Can't believe we aint playing 4-4-2!
Why do we need to be negative against a struggling team like Reading?

Hmm apparently we played negative footall but won 3-1… Arsene will use whatever system he fills is best, so far he hasn’t been proved wrong.

absolutely_fabregas wrote:ade is shite!!!

I bet you cheered when he scored though.

Fordy wrote:If he keeps doing that i will have a field day in the ade thread later

Ok I haven’t seen the game so don’t know how well Adebayor played or how many chances were missed although SGW did text me twice saying he missed chances but all I know is he scored.

absolutely_fabregas wrote:orgasmic goal
ade is a legend! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ahh I was right you did cheer when Adebayor scored. :lol: ;)

......................................................................................................................

Like i said i didn't watch the game but have just read through this thread and it seems like it was business as usual.

Glad to see Flamini has been rewarded with a goal at last after his great form so far this season, was the formation 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 either way it worked with Hleb and Ade both picking up a goal each, i'm not bothered about cesc missing Wigan at home i think RvP should be back anyway.

all in all i happy were back top, game in hand and looking good for it...

:flag: :arsenal: :flag: :arsenal: :flag:
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:43 am

first half ade was poor, bad first touch, bad positioning
2nd half he was a different player

4-4-1-1 obviously it worked but it was the prime game to ive dudu his start, we could have beat reading playing any formation last night

eboue was poor, very poor, in fact i would say he had a shocker ;)
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08